• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Any word on the type of injury Cozart sustained?

Chuck

10 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

Looks like Cleveland isn't afraid to dump their dead weight. A couple of days ago they dumped Brad Miller, and today they dumped Hanley Ramirez. "Eppie" should take notice. I have a feeling the Indians won't miss those bats at all.

Both those guys were signed to minor league deals first,so not much money invested in them.It is easier to release someone like that than a big dollar contract.The guys with the bigger deals are going to get a longer leash,right or wrong that's the way it is.

2 hours ago, greginpsca said:

Looks like Cleveland isn't afraid to dump their dead weight. A couple of days ago they dumped Brad Miller, and today they dumped Hanley Ramirez. "Eppie" should take notice. I have a feeling the Indians won't miss those bats at all.

Lol....  Combined those two were slated to make less than Bour... 

More importantly..... they "got rid of their dead weight" because Jason Kipnis and Francisco Lindor got healthy and they needed to make room for them.

Other than that your accounting of what happened is spot on.

2 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Both those guys were signed to minor league deals first,so not much money invested in them.It is easier to release someone like that than a big dollar contract.The guys with the bigger deals are going to get a longer leash,right or wrong that's the way it is.

They were cut loose solely because Kipnis and Lindor came back.....  Anyone trying to paint it as an example of a team unwilling to put up with sub par performances is full of it.

14 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

They were cut loose solely because Kipnis and Lindor came back.....  Anyone trying to paint it as an example of a team unwilling to put up with sub par performances is full of it.

Yep, I don't think it was a hard decision between Lindor or Miller

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2019 at 6:56 PM, greginpsca said:

Remember this?   

Jason Kipnis, 50 OPS+
Carlos Gomez, 60 OPS+ 
Jose Ramirez, 61 OPS+

All of them are playing everyday.  

Guess they must be afraid to dump their dead weight after all.

6 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Remember this?   

Jason Kipnis, 50 OPS+
Carlos Gomez, 60 OPS+ 
Jose Ramirez, 61 OPS+

Chi-McBride-Oh-Hell-No.gif

15 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Remember this?   

Jason Kipnis, 50 OPS+
Carlos Gomez, 60 OPS+ 
Jose Ramirez, 61 OPS+

Kipnis was not playing at that time. He was on the il. I believe one of the other 2 was also on the il.

21 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

Kipnis was not playing at that time. He was on the il. I believe one of the other 2 was also on the il.

No kidding?  Maybe that's why I said as much when you first made this post..   The other guy that was on the IL was Lindor -- and he was the reason they cut Hanley.

Those two guys coming off the IL was the ONLY reason they "werent afraid to drop the dead weight".   It wasn't a bold move made by a team unwilling to put up with bad performances -- it was a team thinking "our dudes are back, time to let these guys go."  You tried to play the situation as being a team acting in complete contrast to the Angels, a team unwilling to put up with bad performances -- the reality was something very different.

So, here we are three weeks later -- the Angels have cut bait on Bourjos and Stratton two guys who proved to be "dead weight" while the Indians are rolling out three guys playing at 60% of league average everyday.   

Kipnis is due 30 mil still.  Ramirez 45 mil...    I guess the Angels aren't the only ones that will give expensive "dead weight" lots of chances.

Just now, m0nkey said:

Jose Ramirez has been bad since second half of last year

Yep. I had to dump him just recently in my Dynasty Fantasy Baseball League. But I got a good return in Keston Hiura, Victor Robles, Jake Arrieta & Mike Clevinger for Jose Ramirez & Jameson Taillon. 

Seems like the league has finally figured out how to get Ramirez out.  This is a game of adjustments and the league has adjusted, but Jose Ramirez is having a hard time adjusting back.  Like when the high fastball was the surefire way to get Trout out, it isn't anymore.  That's an adjustment being made.  Cozart...I'm not sure if there was any adjustment needed by pitchers.  They seem to be pitching him the same way they always did.  He just managed to hit for one year and hasn't hit since. 

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yep. I had to dump him just recently in my Dynasty Fantasy Baseball League. But I got a good return in Keston Hiura, Victor Robles, Jake Arrieta & Mike Clevinger for Jose Ramirez & Jameson Taillon. 

Still wish the Angels could have drafted Hiura. He went 9th, Adell 10th.