• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

4/12 Angels Vs Cubs(Trout Out)

1 minute ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Just to be clear, so you think it's a great idea to get Bourjos the start and the majority of the game time over Goodwin?

Just to be clear, it is now game #14 so I think it's indicative of nothing more than trying to get guys who hit righthanded in a line-up against a pitcher good at neutralizing lefthanded hitters.  Peripheral to that, they are obviously trying to get guys like Bourjos and Cozart more at bats in a line-up that is without a DH.

That being said, it is still just game #14...

20 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

For sure.

Still think it's really, really dumb in some instances. Like this one, Bourjos over Goodwin. Goodwin has been just killing it, and Bourjos couldn't hit a beachball right now. I don't care if the pitcher is throwing underhanded between his legs.

Dont worry.  They will probably walk him to get to the pitcher...or is he so bad they wouldratger pitch to Bourjous than Skaggs?

15 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

So is Goodwin, but lefty/righty matchups for the win!!

This isn't on Sosh, I think it's dumb that most all managers do this -- especially when some lefties hit southpaws better and righthanded bats hit righties better.

Have you guys ever thought that maybe the reason Goodwin and Stella ate hitting well is because they are not facing lefties,???

2 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Just to be clear, it is now game #14 so I think it's indicative of nothing more than trying to get guys who hit righthanded in a line-up against a pitcher good at neutralizing lefthanded hitters.  Peripheral to that, they are obviously trying to get guys like Bourjos and Cozart more at bats in a line-up that is without a DH.

Hey man, that's fair. We're all fans of the team and want to see them win. 

I just feel that Bourjos has proven time and time again that he is completely useless with a bat. Meanwhile this Goodwin guy has shown some serious promise, even though it's early. I feel it's a bad move, that's all. We'll see what happens if Bourjos comes to the plate in a run scoring situation...

Hey man, that's fair. We're all fans of the team and want to see them win. 

I just feel that Bourjos has proven time and time again that he is completely useless with a bat. Meanwhile this Goodwin guy has shown some serious promise, even though it's early. I feel it's a bad move, that's all. We'll see what happens if Bourjos comes to the plate in a run scoring situation...

Not saying you're wrong in the grander scheme of things as Goodwin seems to hit lefties well.  If Goodwin is batting .300 on game #114, Bourjos is likely on the bench, but I'm sure he feels that he has to attempt to get these guys on track at some point. 

Goodwin has 2 ABs against lefties so far this year.

He singled and doubled for an RBI.

And experience people do not look at numbers of two at bats! Take a deep breath and have faith in those making the decisions.

2 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

La Stella has 3 ABs against lefties this year.

1 single, 3 walks.

Same as my last quote.  This gets tedious.  I gave the same arguments when Scioscia was manager.  The front office has their reasons why the platoon people and they have far more information than you and I. 

13 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

We know Bourjos isn't gonna get better. It's looking more doubtful by the day that Cozart will improve. I get giving Cozart a bit more of a leash but we know how Bourjos will continue to suck. We don't need more AB from him to figure it out.

5 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Looked at the visitors' lineup and thought: Arrange what you have as best as you can.

Looked at the home lineup and thought: Schwarber batting eighth!!!!???

Schwarber is batting .205 

7 minutes ago, stormngt said:

And experience people do not look at numbers of two at bats! Take a deep breath and have faith in those making the decisions.

Ok,

Goodwin's career vs Lefties:

.296/.386/.535 in 71 ABs.

Better? I mean, you said he was sitting because he doesn't hit lefties well. It's not hard to look this stuff up storm.

Have you guys considered that maybe there’s several factors other then just lefty/righty matchups that’s determined the line up ? Maybe  Goodwin and LaStella are just getting days off.  It’s an inter league game in April in 40 something degree weather.  Coming off an off day.  Maybe it’s their turn to get a couple days off. 

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Have you guys considered that maybe there’s several factors other then just lefty/righty matchups that’s determined the line up ? Maybe  Goodwin and LaStella are just getting days off.  It’s an inter league game in April in 40 something degree weather.  Coming off an off day.  Maybe it’s their turn to get a couple days off. 

That would be fine! It would be a little weird though since they were off yesterday.

The only thing, and I mean the only thing that would make complete sense here is that someone is hurt or something is sore or nagging.

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Maybe. It would be pretty crazy if you ended up going an entire year of switching between two players based on various sabermetrics and analysis that has nothing to do with someone's dominant hand, and it just so happened that you perfectly platooned them every game.

Obviously we aren't there yet, but I mean...if it stands on four legs, has hooves, and gallops, it's probably a horse, not a zebra...you know?