• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game day thread, Sunday April 7 vs Texas

Glen

22 minutes ago, HaloWay94 said:

Great, show me the numbers of La Stella starting a full season. And no, you have to play the hot hand

You still don't understand sample sizes. Yes I agree teams should play the hot hand, but 12 ABs is not enough to determine anything, especially when there are other factors at play. 

7 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

He didn’t lead off with a homer so you’re good. 

Also, even if they were having some program spit out a line up, don’t you think they’d have that program add some positive weight to recent performance ?

Considering you are the one that ran out career numbers in response to my comment, i would call this back tracking, meh... enjoy the game. 

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

Considering you are the one that ran out career numbers in response to my comment, i would call this back tracking, meh... enjoy the game. 

Back tracking ? Lol what ? You’re talking about how analytics has murdered common sense and “removed the human element” all I pointed out was that even if they were purely running the team with some algorithm there’s nothing that would stop them from including recent performance and emphasizing the value of it.  If they chose to value that stuff.  The T-3000 isn’t running the team dude. 

You’re just being contrarian for sake of it. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Also, can we please bring Barria back. Still don't know why he was booted from the rotation for this placeholder. Let the young guy continue his development as a pitcher against MLB competition and figure out if he's part of their core group moving forward.

I’d like to see him back also.  I think it’ll be sooner then later.  Honesty I think we’ll see plenty of phantom DL trips this year for several of our pitchers.  They’re going to try and spread the innings out.  

Edited by UndertheHalo