• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game day thread, Sunday April 7 vs Texas

Glen

6 minutes ago, HaloWay94 said:

My point is Fletcher being 6 for his last 12 is more important than La Stella's 3 ABs against Miller in a previous season.  

Baseball is a long run sport. Advantages play out over the course of 162 game season. You need to learn to not draw conclusions from 12 ABs or one week when you have 162 game samples at your disposal. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

As do you.  Once again if your lead off hitter is allergic to drawing a walk he isn’t going to be a lead off hitter for long.  There are many variables to creating a line up and not the least of which is trying to get a guy on track.  Lefty hitter who draws walks against a righty pitcher he’s had success against in the past and he gets to hit in front of Trout.  By all means get pissed about it.  I’ll choose to understand why instead of being irrational about it happening.  

Oh no I understand why... you don't need to watch the games anymore because prior stats perfectly predict future outcomes...

Or that the best thing for the team is putting a slumping hitter in the lead off spot...

Or that Fletcher not taking walks is a reason to put La Stella in over him when he's hitting .167

Rationality...tricky sob sometimes.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Baseball is a long run sport. Advantages play out over the course of 162 game season. You need to learn to not draw conclusions from 12 ABs or one week when you have 162 game samples at your disposal. 

Great, show me the numbers of La Stella starting a full season. And no, you have to play the hot hand

7 minutes ago, HaloWay94 said:

Oh no I understand why... you don't need to watch the games anymore because prior stats perfectly predict future outcomes...

Or that the best thing for the team is putting a slumping hitter in the lead off spot...

Or that Fletcher not taking walks is a reason to put La Stella in over him when he's hitting .167

Rationality...tricky sob sometimes.

it's seems that based on your assessment of the way things should be you should hate baseball and find another sport.  

3 minutes ago, HaloWay94 said:

If you were paying attention, my point was sample size from both spots.  Fletch has the majority of his at bats from the bottom 3 spots in the order.  Thanks for the correction and also missing the point

lol nice try. 

if you just admit that you were wrong people might respect what you say. 

49 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t really care whether it’s LaStella or Fletcher.  I don’t think either are particularly good lead off batters.  I’ve been saying that LaStella makes more sense leading off then batting like 6th or 7th.  It would be fine for him to bat 9th as well.  I’m not arguing that I think he’s a better player then David Fletcher.  The two are interchangeable in the lead off role for the 04/07/2019 Angels.  There aren’t a lot of options.  In a good line up David Fletcher and Tommy LaStella are both bottom of the order guys. 

Also, I don’t understand the point of your comment on his “pinch hitting” numbers.  He collected a volume of AB’s.  I think it’s ok to take that as face value.  He played quite a bit for the Cubs last year. 

Can you read ? 

Perfectly, agreement is another subject.  
I dont care right now what the career numbers are, Feltcher had a great game yesterday AND has a better OBP than LaStella for this season to date.  
Until LaStella starts hitting more or putting up a higher OBP than Fletcher, he should not be in that spot.   Doing so is obsessing over analytics and not using common sense.

There are times when a guy is on a streak or deserves a little acknowledgement for a performance hes earned, this should be one of them.  Thats not something the analytics take into account so, plug in a robot to spit out the lineup and be done with it i guess if the human element is truly that dead. 

Now watch the asshat leadoff with a HR or something... lol   I hope he does but the cheer with be painful. 

12 minutes ago, HaloWay94 said:

Great, show me the numbers of La Stella starting a full season. And no, you have to play the hot hand

Show me when Fletcher started a full season. 

La Stella started more games his rookie year than Fletcher has his entire career. 

man, you really suck at this. 

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

lol nice try. 

if you just admit that you were wrong people might respect what you say. 

I was way off on the numbers and wrong.

But the point remains that those numbers should have no bearing on where he is in the lineup today. 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Show me when Fletcher started a full season. 

La Stella started more games his rookie year than Fletcher has his entire career. 

man, you really suck at this. 

You just proved my point... both players have small sample sizes.  People are acting like La Stella has some huge career to look at, when he has been a bench player the majority of his career

6 minutes ago, floplag said:

Perfectly, agreement is another subject.  
I dont care right now what the career numbers are, Feltcher had a great game yesterday AND has a better OBP than LaStella for this season to date.  
Until LaStella starts hitting more or putting up a higher OBP than Fletcher, he should not be in that spot.   Doing so is obsessing over analytics and not using common sense.

There are times when a guy is on a streak or deserves a little acknowledgement for a performance hes earned, this should be one of them.  Thats not something the analytics take into account so, plug in a robot to spit out the lineup and be done with it i guess if the human element is truly that dead. 

Now watch the asshat leadoff with a HR or something... lol   I hope he does but the cheer with be painful. 

He didn’t lead off with a homer so you’re good. 

Also, even if they were having some program spit out a line up, don’t you think they’d have that program add some positive weight to recent performance ?