• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hater-ade: other Philly Forum threads / articles re: Trout

5 hours ago, Halokingfish said:

Honestly I laughed because it wasn’t so much what he said but the way he sounded and how butthurt he was. The way he acted like he was entitled to Trout and lashed out with moronic stuff when it didn’t happen was what made me laugh at him. Oh and he lost 2000 bucks betting on Trout to Philly. 

On 3/20/2019 at 8:01 AM, yk9001 said:

This is a pretty sensible column by a philly guy.

https://www.philly.com/phillies/mike-trout-sign-extension-angels-phillies-20190319.html

I am too old to get into the outrage game that most here are posting about, but I do have one little quibble:  This column, as well as Tim Kirkjian, now say they knew that Trout was signing with the Angels.

Hey Insider Kirkjian - how about telling us BEFORE Trout re-signs, not after.

But officials from multiple teams said Tuesday that they never believed Trout was going anywhere. If the Angels had allowed the 27-year-old centerfielder to walk as a free agent or traded him before he reached the open market, it would’ve been akin to the Red Sox selling Babe Ruth to the Yankees in 1919.

l said basically the same thing a couple of weeks ago...

13 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

But officials from multiple teams said Tuesday that they never believed Trout was going anywhere. If the Angels had allowed the 27-year-old centerfielder to walk as a free agent or traded him before he reached the open market, it would’ve been akin to the Red Sox selling Babe Ruth to the Yankees in 1919.

l said basically the same thing a couple of weeks ago...

No No Nanette!

18 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

This.

All the phillie fan comments i read kept talking about how long weve been mediocre...like theyve been anything else during that time.

I was at Fall League baseball years ago and some Philly fans saw my Angels hat and start giving me shit about payroll. I responded, the Phillies have the same payroll and won only 63 games. They shut up. 

Reference the video, i didnt watch the whole thing, but almost wonder if its staged? He looks like hes wearing a wig (or is it just me?)

The best part that i saw was that he was wearing a game used trout high school hat.

Thats the type of thing one buys, along with catcher in the rye, before they shoot the president 

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Reference the video, i didnt watch the whole thing, but almost wonder if its staged? He looks like hes wearing a wig (or is it just me?)

The best part that i saw was that he was wearing a game used trout high school hat.

Thats the type of thing one buys, along with catcher in the rye, before they shoot the president 

I thought it was supposed to be a joke. Like making fun of guys who are actually like that.

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Watching trout highlights on youtube.

The comment sections are filled with "he'll never win a ring". And a ton comparing him to Betts.

Betts had an amazing year. Maybe he has arrived. Or maybe he had a Harper year.

Either way, its way too early to compare him to trout.

the Angels are gonna have to start winning more games at some point.  That's a big part of why people talk about Betts in the same breath.  Otherwise, it's an amazing season.  

It's still gonna be Trout vs. the field for the next 4-5 years but the only way he truly brings his legacy to the next level is via the players around him.  It's not fair, but it is what it is.