• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hater-ade: other Philly Forum threads / articles re: Trout

2 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Harper better rake for the Phillies because he fanned the flames with this Trout to Philly nonsense with his quotes. I know he was trying to endear himself to his new fan base, but he really got their hopes up with his comments. If he follows it up by struggling, the "phaithful" will destroy him. You just hate to see it

Seriously, now he looks kinda stupid considering how quickly this played out.  Goes to show the level of 'friendship' between Harper and Trout.  In the end, it was just Boras and Harper getting Phillie fans to focus on the AAV and not the total amount.  

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Seriously, now he looks kinda stupid considering how quickly this played out.  Goes to show the level of 'friendship' between Harper and Trout.  In the end, it was just Boras and Harper getting Phillie fans to focus on the AAV and not the total amount.  

Lol yeah. Heyman trying to paint their relationship as "close" was another one of the more hilarious takes from the national media this offseason.

2 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Lol yeah. Heyman trying to paint their relationship as "close" was another one of the more hilarious takes from the national media this offseason.

I didn't have issue with Heyman all that much prior to this off season.  He essentially became a mouthpiece for Boras spin to get clicks.  

28 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I didn't have issue with Heyman all that much prior to this off season.  He essentially became a mouthpiece for Boras spin to get clicks.  

Quid pro quo. Heyman gets to be the guy who gets to break the news first when a Borass client signs, in exchange for all the news coverage Heyman puts out for Borass clients. Example {mystery teams}.

3 hours ago, Halokingfish said:

I get why some fans boo players that left their team in free agency, but booing guys who were never on your team because they didn’t want to sign with your team? Phillies fans were saying they wanted to boo Harper if he didn’t pick them and now they want Trout to stay away from Eagles games and boo him if he shows. Stay classy Philly. 

Teams booed Ohtani last season for the same reason. Sour grapes are hard to swallow.

8 hours ago, notherhalo said:

The comments by Steveharveyfan69007420 in thegoodphight comment section are gold! Guy's got a conspiracy theory about Trout duping Philadelphia fans for the last few years in order to sell more merchandise. Funny shit. 

19 minutes ago, Ray McKigney said:

The comments by Steveharveyfan69007420 in thegoodphight comment section are gold! Guy's got a conspiracy theory about Trout duping Philadelphia fans for the last few years in order to sell more merchandise. Funny shit. 

there's a great comment in there that Pujols is still signed for longer than Trout due to the personal services contract.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

there's a great comment in there that Pujols is still signed for longer than Trout due to the personal services contract.  

I am not sure we should laugh that hard at that statement, it could very well be one minor reason why Trout wanted to stay, when you consider his relationship with Albert.

OK - Phillies spend $330 million over 13 years for a guy who hit .249 last year.....and they smack talk Halos fans over this Trout deal?

Huh?

There have been numerous Trout/ Harper comparisons and threads over the years-- I never quite understood then all -- to me Harper was at no time the level of player Trout has been and is - year in,  year out.

Harper batted .249 in 2018.

Now, here's one thing I can compare between Trout and Harper -- why do I think in very short time, Harper will become perhaps the most despised MLB player in the game who faces a jeering crowd with cat calls at every park?

and then why do I think Mike Trout will continue to be a fan favorite across the country at every park he plays in.? That's the comparison/ contrast I think we'll see between the two.

and for Harper -- what happens when he goes 0-4 on Opening Day in Philadelphia?  In several years during his career with the Nats, Harper got off to very slow starts.  I think one year he was about at the Mendoza Line at the All Star Break.

If he gets off to a terrible start like that in Philly (and Harper is somewhat known to have slow starts to the season), how will Philly fans treat him?  These are fans who have been  known to boo Santa Claus.....could be a long season for Harper on Day One of 13 years in Philly.

28 minutes ago, ettin said:

I am not sure we should laugh that hard at that statement, it could very well be one minor reason why Trout wanted to stay, when you consider his relationship with Albert.

I absolutely think Albert has helped shape Trout's career and has acted as a mentor.  I'd be totally fine with Albert functioning as a special assistant.

Colin Cowherd is such a moron. Doesn't he realize that part of the reason Trout loves being an Angel is that he gets to have a lower profile? That he's a real person and realizes that "celebrity lifestyle" is superficial and soulless? 

I love the fact that "our" megastar is a real human being who doesn't have a massive ego or adore attention and just loves playing baseball. That's part of what makes him so special.

But hurray, the Phillies got their Bump Bailey. I'll take our Roy Hobbs.

2 hours ago, Ray McKigney said:

At least the other posters were calling him an idiot.

Out of all those sites, most didnt really knock the deal. Although Id say the "the angels will suck forever" comments were laughable. Especially coming from phillie fans.

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

Colin Cowherd is such a moron. Doesn't he realize that part of the reason Trout loves being an Angel is that he gets to have a lower profile? That he's a real person and realizes that "celebrity lifestyle" is superficial and soulless? 

I love the fact that "our" megastar is a real human being who doesn't have a massive ego or adore attention and just loves playing baseball. That's part of what makes him so special.

he says whatever he needs to say in order to create controversy so people will listen.  

46 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said: