• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hater-ade: other Philly Forum threads / articles re: Trout

One of the hacks at ESPN LA radio yesterday said it was a stupid move by the Angels because "Didn't they learn their lesson giving Pujols a huge / long contract?"

Such idiots. Pujols was pushing 40 when he signed that 10 year deal and had already peaked. Trout is a decade younger at least and hasn't peaked yet, in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

One of the hacks at ESPN LA radio yesterday said it was a stupid move by the Angels because "Didn't they learn their lesson giving Pujols a huge / long contract?"

Such idiots. Pujols was pushing 40 when he signed that 10 year deal and had already peaked. Trout is a decade younger at least and hasn't peaked yet, in my opinion.

Albert was 31.  

This is a pretty sensible column by a philly guy.

https://www.philly.com/phillies/mike-trout-sign-extension-angels-phillies-20190319.html

I am too old to get into the outrage game that most here are posting about, but I do have one little quibble:  This column, as well as Tim Kirkjian, now say they knew that Trout was signing with the Angels.

Hey Insider Kirkjian - how about telling us BEFORE Trout re-signs, not after.

59 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

This is a pretty sensible column by a philly guy.

https://www.philly.com/phillies/mike-trout-sign-extension-angels-phillies-20190319.html

I am too old to get into the outrage game that most here are posting about, but I do have one little quibble:  This column, as well as Tim Kirkjian, now say they knew that Trout was signing with the Angels.

Hey Insider Kirkjian - how about telling us BEFORE Trout re-signs, not after.

I liked the Gretzky analogy.

What I really like, however, is the constant "the Angels haven't made the playoffs since 2014".  Right, and the Phillies haven't since 2011. 

11 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Colin Cowherd is such a moron. Doesn't he realize that part of the reason Trout loves being an Angel is that he gets to have a lower profile? That he's a real person and realizes that "celebrity lifestyle" is superficial and soulless? 

I love the fact that "our" megastar is a real human being who doesn't have a massive ego or adore attention and just loves playing baseball. That's part of what makes him so special.

But hurray, the Phillies got their Bump Bailey. I'll take our Roy Hobbs.

That's an awful nice thing to say.

20 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Hey Michael the Phils Phan, how's booing Santa Claus and HOF Mike Schmidt working for you nowadays?

How's that great Phils farm system?   You know, the one that Jo Adell is leaps and bounds better than anyone in?  

These are the same fans who ate literal pieces of horseshit when the Eagles won the Super Bowl.

12 hours ago, ettin said:

I am not sure we should laugh that hard at that statement, it could very well be one minor reason why Trout wanted to stay, when you consider his relationship with Albert.

or, Albert told Mike that if there was one mistake he made, that would be not staying in St. Louis.

5 hours ago, Lou said:

I liked the Gretzky analogy.

What I really like, however, is the constant "the Angels haven't made the playoffs since 2014".  Right, and the Phillies haven't since 2011. 

This.

All the phillie fan comments i read kept talking about how long weve been mediocre...like theyve been anything else during that time.