• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Adell injury: left hamstring strain and right ankle sprain

Taylor

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

So according to every site it says that the grade 2 ankle sprain's recovery time is 4-6 weeks, whereas the grade 1 hamstring (the most minor of the 3) can take just a few days to heal. 

So why 10-12 weeks for recovery time? I don't get it. 

@Dochalo, thoughts?

I suspect Doc will have a more perfect answer but medical websites generally speak to the average person and Jo Adell is a professional athlete that needs to not only lift weights and stretch that hamstring on a regular basis but he needs to run at sprint speeds. When you combine that with making sure he doesn't pull it again (risk mitigation) and his value to the club they will take it very easy and approach it methodically. Thus 10-12 weeks.

Please don't take this the wrong way Chuck but this is why consulting a medical expert versus looking up the ailment online makes a difference. In fact consulting any expert is preferable to just winging it on the Internet or taking the advice of friends, associates, etc.

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

So according to every site it says that the grade 2 ankle sprain's recovery time is 4-6 weeks, whereas the grade 1 hamstring (the most minor of the 3) can take just a few days to heal. 

So why 10-12 weeks for recovery time? I don't get it. 

@Dochalo, thoughts?

that seems like a long time.  

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Injuries throughout baseball seem to be happening more than ever over the past few years.

Reason?   Doc?

Outside of pitching, are they really happening more often than in the past?

Pitching can easily be explained by the emphasis on throwing harder and throwing "junk" pitches that put more stress on the arm, i.e., splitters, sliders, curves, etc.

The tweet said grade 1+ on the hammy and 2+ on the ankle.  Seems like they mean at best, these are grade 1-2, at worst they are grade 2-3. 

Grade 2 hamstring strains may or may not involve a tear, and those can end up being more like 8 week ordeals.

Grade 3 ankle sprains involve a tear pretty frequently, which takes 8-10 weeks to overcome.

Just a shot int he dark here, but I'm guessing both were a little worse than simple grade 1/2 ailments, but not as bad as something that may require surgery and linger.  So 8-10 weeks seems about right, but then he's gotta get back up to speed, which is another two weeks, so 10-12 seems about right, if that is indeed the prognosis. 

4 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I wonder if its because its to both legs. Hard to rehab both legs at the same time unless you are completely allowing the inflammation and damage to repair.

Makes sense. 

I know from experience and from other stories that a lot of injuries occur when having just one leg injury to the other healthy leg during the healing process. 

7 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

I thought our guys looked fatigued at the end of last season compared to other teams.

we won 5 of our last 6 games, including 2 by walk-off.

also, how can you tell when a team looks fatigued? they spend 90% of their time standing in one place or sitting down

2 hours ago, Lou said:

we won 5 of our last 6 games, including 2 by walk-off.

also, how can you tell when a team looks fatigued? they spend 90% of their time standing in one place or sitting down

They didn't have that spark. I have a special sensor that can tell when they're just going thru the motions. You don't have one, Lou?