• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Adell injury: left hamstring strain and right ankle sprain

Taylor

Depending on the severity of both, Adell may not miss any time in the regular season.

- Grade one ankle sprains take a week or two. Grade two take about three weeks in my experience (two separate grade 2's during my unimpressive football days).

- Hamstring strains are a little trickier because it depends on a lot of factors. If it's just a mild strain, he'll be right as rain within a week. If there's a very slight tear, you're looking at two weeks. If it's grade two (also had that once in football, I really should have just stuck with baseball), it's more like a month.

So depending on the severity, Adell will be out anywhere from a week to a month. Given that it's early March, and just ST, the Angels will no doubt just hold him out for the rest of it just to make sure this doesn't linger at all. But minor league opening day is a month out. So even if these are both serious, he probably only misses a week or two to start the season. But in reality, ending his Spring right now doesn't hurt him at all. He impressed enough to leave a lasting impression on the staff and fans. 

So to sum it up, he's probably done with ST. But he should be good to go for the regular season. 

Los Angeles Angels outfielder Jo Adell was forced to leave Saturday's spring training game against the Chicago Cubs after suffering a left hamstring strain and right ankle sprain while running the bases, according to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times.

The club's top prospect slipped and fell over after rounding second base, walking off the field under his own power despite showing signs of considerable pain before leaving the ballpark on a cart.

Adell is expected to be sidelined for multiple weeks, ending an impressive camp during which he posted a .364/.440/.455 slash line with two doubles.

Now they’re saying he’s going to have an MRI tomorrow.  If they come back and say he destroyed his knee I will light candles.  Actually, I should probably light candles for him anyway. 

Also, I’ll never trust the Angels initial releases on injuries ever again.

Edited by UndertheHalo