• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Major League Baseball Thread

m0nkey

13 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

That's three quality arms the Pirates couldn't do anything with.  Morton did get better after he changed his delivery with the Pirates, but didn't have the overpowering stuff he seemed to discover in Houston.  Cole went from a mid 3 ERA guy to a Cy Young contender, and while it's still way too early for Glasnow, he put up 60 dominant innings with the rays.

Archer has gotten worse with Pittsburgh too, though he might've been on the way down before he got there.  I wonder how Jameson Taillon turns out if he was in a different organization from the start.

Because of this, Jim Hickey >>> Ray Searage.

On 10/11/2019 at 3:05 PM, m0nkey said:

That's three quality arms the Pirates couldn't do anything with.  Morton did get better after he changed his delivery with the Pirates, but didn't have the overpowering stuff he seemed to discover in Houston.  Cole went from a mid 3 ERA guy to a Cy Young contender, and while it's still way too early for Glasnow, he put up 60 dominant innings with the rays.

Archer has gotten worse with Pittsburgh too, though he might've been on the way down before he got there.  I wonder how Jameson Taillon turns out if he was in a different organization from the start.

yay, we're not the Pirates!

Following the Nats' sweep of the St. Louis Cardinals in the National League Championship Series, the Mariners are now the only active team in Major League Baseball without an appearance in the World Series.

The Mariners have made the playoffs just four times since the franchise's inception in 1977 and are currently mired in an 18-year drought

bart simpson loser GIF

10 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Bryce Harper is four wins from reaching his goal of bringing that title back to DC.

I know it's been posted before but I always lol when I see it.

Well... he did the right thing by leaving DC.  You gotta give him that.  That's the most selfless act in the history of MLB.  They should erect a statue for him in DC.

3 hours ago, Lou said:

Following the Nats' sweep of the St. Louis Cardinals in the National League Championship Series, the Mariners are now the only active team in Major League Baseball without an appearance in the World Series.

The Mariners have made the playoffs just four times since the franchise's inception in 1977 and are currently mired in an 18-year drought

bart simpson loser GIF

A new haiku:

Ev'ry active team
has made it to the Series 
but the Mariners

19 hours ago, Jay said:

I'm reading that the Phillies are interviewing candidates for their open manager spot.

Showalter
Girardi
Dusty Baker

why not Scioscia? I read previously he was interested in managing the Phillies.

They probably looked at Sosh's post season record.

19 hours ago, Jay said:

I'm reading that the Phillies are interviewing candidates for their open manager spot.

Showalter
Girardi
Dusty Baker

why not Scioscia? I read previously he was interested in managing the Phillies.

15 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

They probably looked at Sosh's post season record.

Scioscia has as many World Series titles as those 3 combined

EDIT: and a higher postseason winning percentage than all 3 

4 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

I didnt list anyone...someone else did.
Try to follow along here.

ok, but you responded to my post that referenced the 3 other managers ....

21 minutes ago, Lou said:

Scioscia has as many World Series titles as those 3 combined

EDIT: and a higher postseason winning percentage than all 3 

11 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Post season wins ..
With Joe Maddon 11-5 (and a WS win)
Without Joe Maddon 10 -21 
Hmmmmmm.

Nice try.