• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Major League Baseball Thread

m0nkey

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

The Padres jumped the gun and made poor choices in the free agent market. They have enough young talent to overcome the Hosmer and Machado signings, but yikes. Those are looking ugly.

2.5 fWAR for Manny this year.  .250 avg.  He'll have some good years in there I suspect, but damn, that's not a good start.  

1 hour ago, Baghdad Strad said:

I’m sure he heard that.  I doubt the Angels have any interest. 

It would be kinda fun to have him come to the halos as a minor league FA or super cheap option for like 1/3 and have him regain some form.  Just for the sweet irony.  Certainly a bunch of other stuff would need to happen first before taking that chance.  

Now here's a surprising stat. Nelson Cruz just reached 40 HR for the fourth time, and 400 for his career. What is surprising is that from age 33-38 (2014-19) he's hit 243 HR, and average of 40.5 per year, and 5th all time in HR from age 33-38. Ahead of him is Bonds, Ruth, Palmeiro, and McGwire; just behind him is Aaron and Mays (and everyone else).

Oh yeah, he became only the fourth player ever to hit 40+ HR at age 38 or older. Bonds did it twice and Darrell Evans andd Hank Aaron did it once each.

4 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Now here's a surprising stat. Nelson Cruz just reached 40 HR for the fourth time, and 400 for his career. What is surprising is that from age 33-38 (2014-19) he's hit 243 HR, and average of 40.5 per year, and 5th all time in HR from age 33-38. Ahead of him is Bonds, Ruth, Palmeiro, and McGwire; just behind him is Aaron and Mays (and everyone else).

Oh yeah, he became only the fourth player ever to hit 40+ HR at age 38 or older. Bonds did it twice and Darrell Evans andd Hank Aaron did it once each.

How many suspensions for PED now for him?

24 minutes ago, Baghdad Strad said:

So if we win 93 games next year and are eliminated from the postseason a couple days before the end of the season then my understanding Eppler should be fired or not retained.  

I would like to not think about additional ways to get kicked in the nuts at this point.  

3 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Burbank resident Jack Flaherty had a 4.90 ERA and 1.29 WHIP after his start on July 2.  

After that start, he had a .93 ERA and a .70 WHIP to finish the year and ended up leading the NL in WHIP.

Also 4th in ERA and 6th in Ks, and only 24 in 15 days

Has been stingy with hits allowed and high on the Ks, since debuting in late 2017 with the Cards.

Drafted 34th overall by the Cards in 2014.

Too bad that it would likely take a boat load to acquire him, with 4 years of club control remaining.