• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bands that have progressively gotten worse

I'm with Brandon. He's always had that same high pitches voice. Maybe you listened to Shut Your Mouth... Inside because he has more of a tougher voice on a lot of those songs (my favorite album of theirs).

Right, it was always high pitched but it was delivered at a faster pace and it was more in your face along with the music. In contrast, the last few albums his voice is more smooth and he holds the notes longer without the edge.

Boston had such an outstanding debut album, but they never came close to matching or surpassing it. It also took them forever to come out with a second album, and it was completely unremarkable.

You could say the same thing about Huey Lewis and the News and their album Sports.

Boston had such an outstanding debut album, but they never came close to matching or surpassing it. It also took them forever to come out with a second album, and it was completely unremarkable.

You could say the same thing about Huey Lewis and the News and their album Sports.

On the way to work today I was listening to a Marc Maron podcast with Huey Lewis as a guest.  Huey has some great stories and he seems like a genuinely decent and cool guy.  Plus, this is one of the best songs ever (no joke, I mean it):

"Sports" is a remarkable album.  Huey was talking about how different the music scene was then and how you had to have a hit on the radio to make it, so they wrote the album not knowing what would stick but trying to have a hit.  Look at the track list:

Heart of Rock 'n' Roll

Heart and Soul

Bad is Bad

I Want a New Drug

Walking on a Thin Line

Finally Found a Home

If This Is It

You Crack Me Up

Honky Tonk Blues

It's like a greatest hits CD.  Oh yeah, and it's 30 years old this year.