• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, St1ck said:

It looks like he was just answering the first part of the question. He's gone on record already saying so far it is less severe.

Top US scientist Fauci: Omicron ‘almost certainly not more severe’ than Delta variant
https://www.france24.com/en/americas/20211207-top-us-scientist-fauci-omicron-almost-certainly-not-more-severe-than-delta-variant

The new variant is "clearly highly transmissible," very likely more so than Delta, the current dominant global strain, Fauci said.

"There is some suggestion that it might even be less severe, because when you look at some of the cohorts that are being followed in South Africa, the ratio between the number of infections and the number of hospitalizations seems to be less than with Delta."

And this is exactly what’s happened with other pandemics over the years.

The more mutations, the less severe the virus becomes.

The 1918 pandemic ended after some 2 years.   This one is close the two years, and since omicron has a lot of mutations, it may well be the last big wave for CoVid before it eventually morphs into another seasonal flu with similar numbers to the other flues.

1 hour ago, St1ck said:

It looks like he was just answering the first part of the question. He's gone on record already saying so far it is less severe.

Top US scientist Fauci: Omicron ‘almost certainly not more severe’ than Delta variant
https://www.france24.com/en/americas/20211207-top-us-scientist-fauci-omicron-almost-certainly-not-more-severe-than-delta-variant

The new variant is "clearly highly transmissible," very likely more so than Delta, the current dominant global strain, Fauci said.

"There is some suggestion that it might even be less severe, because when you look at some of the cohorts that are being followed in South Africa, the ratio between the number of infections and the number of hospitalizations seems to be less than with Delta."

And Fauci ignores the reason why the ratio between the number of infections and the number of hospitalizations seems to be less in South Africa than with Delta.  Look back a few pages, and I've already linked an article that explains why.  

36 minutes ago, cals said:

Oh for fuck sake, Fauci has no effect on the stock market.  you guys have lost your shit. 

When the first case of omicron was announced out of Africa the market dipped pretty hard. I do think what Fauci says can have some impact at this point. 

6 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

And Fauci ignores the reason why the ratio between the number of infections and the number of hospitalizations seems to be less in South Africa than with Delta.  Look back a few pages, and I've already linked an article that explains why.  

Ok. Will you wait for me here? 

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Yes.

Fauci expects omicron to drive record levels of COVID-19 cases this winter

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fauci-expects-omicron-to-drive-record-levels-of-covid-19-cases-this-winter-01639948167

Fauci was asked on CNN whether he expected record numbers of cases — and what about hospitalizations and deaths. “Yes, well, unfortunately. I think that that is going to happen,” he said.

That's odd. The omicron here must be different from the South Africa version. They're having no problem at all down there. Hardly any hospitalizations, and maybe a handful of deaths if even that.

The way Fauci is talking we can expect bodies piling up in the streets here.

These people just lie with impunity. The media carries their water for them and crafts the narrative. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid. Old Joe will come on TV tomorrow to scold us and impose new lockdowns and assorted new restrictions on our liberty. 

18 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

That's odd. The omicron here must be different from the South Africa version. They're having no problem at all down there. Hardly any hospitalizations, and maybe a handful of deaths if even that.

The way Fauci is talking we can expect bodies piling up in the streets here.

These people just lie with impunity. The media carries their water for them and crafts the narrative. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid. Old Joe will come on TV tomorrow to scold us and impose new lockdowns and assorted new restrictions on our liberty. 

Fear mongering sells. It's not unique to any side either 

My grandma who was really right wing until Trump took over the party absolutely LOVES Fauci and I mean LOVES him.  Constantly talks about how amazing she thinks he is.  Whenever I point out all the times he was either wrong or quickly contradicted himself, she tells me he's trying his best and that's why she loves him

Just now, mmc said:

My grandma who was really right wing until Trump took over the party absolutely LOVES Fauci and I mean LOVES him.  Constantly talks about how amazing she thinks he is.  Whenever I point out all the times he was either wrong or quickly contradicted himself, she tells me he's trying his best and that's why she loves him

They are probably close in age and he likely moistens her up a bit. 

12 minutes ago, cals said:

I could say the same for you fucking Fox fossils.  If you don’t like that the man has to say, ignore him.  I don’t listen to him.  And for you to think he has any control over the stock market is insane.

Nobody said he has control over the stock market, idiot.

So was watching the afternoon news, and they broke to the Pres.  First time I've heard him speak live.  Does he always wander like that?  And does he always go into that creepy whisper voice all of a sudden?  It's like script script, facts, then boom some tangent with a lot of whispering, then back to the script, then tangent, then it's like 15 minutes later and he's coughing up a lung, then back to another tangent, then more script and facts.