• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is Adell really that good?

Torridd

Just now, Kevinb said:

Sweet WAR the end all be all of stats. under 800 career ops. Never had a slugging percentage in the 500 never had an ops above 900 played in the steroid era sure he was ok to good. Pretty much the example of untouchable as a prospect. I wouldn't trade Cameron for an ace pitcher. okie dokie.

Mocks WAR... Quotes raw OPS...  

jon stewart slow clap GIF

7 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

The only person to make the era an issue is you... 

I have no idea if he used or not, but I'm smart enough to know if doesn't change the discussion...   Griffey played in the same era, and Cameron outperformed him and held his own vs everyone who may or may not have been using.

You're just embarrassing yourself at this point.

Outperformed him at an older age (he was 4 years older) and Griffey was hurt more when he left. Stop with the embarrassing yourself act it gets old talking down and demeening people. Like really how old are you? Like would you say that to someone to their face, because I don't think you would. 

Griffey Jr Career AVG 907 OPS High 1.076 630 HR

Cameron Career AVG 782 OPS High 837 278 HR 

Cameron avg year 249 AVG 23 HR 338 OBP 

Griffey Jr avg year 284 AVG 38 HR 370 OBP

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Would you trade his career for a 30 year old Ace with two years of club control if your team needed much more than just that Ace pitcher?  

Yup I would trade it in a heart beat. I know you don't want to win next year. But I would prefer to win next year and an Ace helps the Angels win next year. 

Just now, Kevinb said:

Yup I would trade it in a heart beat. I know you don't want to win next year. But I would prefer to win next year and an Ace helps the Angels win next year. 

I do want to win next year and going forward.  An Ace helps next year and the following.  But we have so many holes and I would rather not trade a big part of the future for a two year stud.  I would consider trading Adell for a younger ace that has 4-5 years of control.  That way they are in their prime and will be part of the next wave of talent.  

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

Outperformed him at an older age and Griffey was hurt more when he left. Stop with the embarrassing yourself act it gets old talking down and demeening people. Like really how old are you? Like would you say that to someone to their face, because I don't think you would. 

no one is claiming that Cameron was better than Griffey overall.  The point remains that Cameron was a very good player and we'd be lucky if Adell ends up with 50 WAR for his career or an .800 ops with excellent defense.  once again, you have missed the point.  

btw, I thought you were leaving?  

14 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Outperformed him at an older age. Stop with the embarrassing yourself act it gets old talking down and demeening people. Like really how old are you? Like would you say that to someone to their face, because I don't think you would. 

Again... Try to follow along. 

From the start I've pointed out he outperformed Griffey from the trade until they both retired.   The reason I've made it a point to stress this fact is because as I've said repeatedly... The Reds would have been better off keeping Mike Cameron instead of trading him for the first ballot HOFer...  This thread is about the merits of trading a prospect for an older player...  (And how good Cameron actually was).

You keep embarrassing yourself if you want...  I've more than made my point.

Edited by Inside Pitch

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

no one is claiming that Cameron was better than Griffey overall.  The point remains that Cameron was a very good player and we'd be lucky if Adell ends up with 50 WAR for his career or an .800 ops with excellent defense.  once again, you have missed the point.  

btw, I thought you were leaving?  

He didn't have a career 800 OPS he was under it. Are you trying to protect him. IP can talk for himself as can I. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I do want to win next year and going forward.  An Ace helps next year and the following.  But we have so many holes and I would rather not trade a big part of the future for a two year stud.  I would consider trading Adell for a younger ace that has 4-5 years of control.  That way they are in their prime and will be part of the next wave of talent.  

If it meant trading Adell for an equivalent pitching prospect, I'd take the position player all day and twice on sunday.  

If it meant trading Adell for an equivalent pitching prospect, I'd take the position player all day and twice on sunday.  

I would too, if we didn’t have so many other pretty good outfield prospects.  But if you could trade for a Walker Buehler type for Adell you have to consider it.  

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

He didn't have a career 800 OPS he was under it. Are you trying to protect him. IP can talk for himself as can I. 

I said we'd be lucky if Adell ended up his career with an .800 ops and 50 career WAR with excellent defense.  I didn't say that Cameron had and .800 career ops.  You really need to read what is written and not what you want it to say to fuel your half-assed narratives.  

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Again... Try to follow along. 

From the start I've pointed out he outperformed Griffey from the trade until they both retired.   The reason I've made it a point to stress this fact is because as I've said repeatedly... The Reds would have been better off keeping Mark Cameron instead of trading him for the first ballot HOFer...  This thread is about the merits of trading a prospect for an older player...  (And how good Cameron actually was).

You keep embarrassing yourself if you want...  I've more than made my point.

It is so much fun when you have nothing to say. Mike Cameron not Mark not sure who Mark is. How good Cameron actually was mmmhmm. He was mediocre maybe a little above mediocre. He wasn't a super star he was luke warm. Which is good he had a long career in baseball. But I would rather take my chances trying to get the super star then having a career under 800 ops player. Most of his WAR probably comes from Defense which isn't reliable as some have said here. Any way. Hope you voted. I am really done in this thread. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I would too, if we didn’t have so many other pretty good outfield prospects.  But if you could trade for a Walker Buehler type for Adell you have to consider it.  

I would only because Buehler has already shown major league success.  But if it were Adell for Whitley?  pass.  

I said we'd be lucky if Adell ended up his career with an .800 ops and 50 career WAR with excellent defense.  I didn't say that Cameron had and .800 career ops.  You really need to read what is written and not what you want it to say to fuel your half-assed narratives.  

I was arguing about Cameron why would you bring up Adell? Ok done now. 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

"good night y'all" must not mean what I had thought 

I keep getting sucked back in when I see that damn red dot in the upper right hand corner. I can't help myself. In closing hopefully Adell is everything everyone here wants him to be the next greatest CF of our life time and a once in a generation talent with an unbeatable smile that helps transcends this franchise out of 4th place in the West and into the playoffs, because our first one of that got us there once. Now that we are about to have 4 players who are the best at their position ever ( not sure how that works with Adell being a CF) I sincerely hope Adell is awesome. But if he turns out to be Mike Cameron that would be a huge disappointment. I want better, someone who's that highly regarded should perform better.