• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UN Climate Change Report (huge increases in gasoline taxes)

Something called The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change is suggesting that huge increases in carbon taxes will be necessary to reduce global warming in the coming years.

Yes, this is the Daily Caller, but I cite it because mainstream media is totally silent on this. No surprise there.

As high as $49 a gallon added to your gasoline bill by 2030? I don't think so! Thank goodness we've got Trump in there and not Hillary, or Al Gore.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/08/a-240-per-gallon-gas-tax-to-fight-global-warming-new-un-report-suggests-carbon-pricing/

4 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Something called The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change is suggesting that huge increases in carbon taxes will be necessary to reduce global warming in the coming years.

Yes, this is the Daily Caller, but I cite it because mainstream media is totally silent on this. No surprise there.

As high as $49 a gallon added to your gasoline bill by 2030? I don't think so! Thank goodness we've got Trump in there and not Hillary, or Al Gore.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/08/a-240-per-gallon-gas-tax-to-fight-global-warming-new-un-report-suggests-carbon-pricing/

As usual, this will hurt people that cannot afford alternate methods of transportation.   Also, if anyone believes China or Russia will play along with that they have another thing coming. 

Maybe we should work towards not needing to rely so massively on fossil fuels.  

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-45775309

this story actually reports on the entire report.  Not just the part about what fossil fuels will cost in 2100. 

There are consequences for the terrible path the globe is on.  A lot of us will see these consequences in our lifetimes. 

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

A lot of people seem very concerned about my views on these things like I really matter. I'm just some schmuck on a message board like everybody else here.

Just passing the time until the meteor arrives. Please let it be soon.

I agree

(you're welcome, FS)

38 minutes ago, Taylor said:

It's ridiculous that science has become a partisan issue. I'm not sure if Dems or Reps are more to blame, but it's sad that people are suspicious or receptive to science based on their political views.

I think the methods (taxes and regulation) of forcing people to change their ways is what's pissing people off. Offering alternative fuels for reasonable costs will help. The technology in for fuel efficient cars has progressed and so have sales. Things will improve as price and tech does. 

Already seeing what look like mass extinction events.  It’s happening faster the you think Lou. 

You're right that the most violent changes probably won’t impact your life much if you’re in your 70’s now.  But as I’ve said.  The callous indifference some of you are talking about is pretty unfortunate.  Who knows if you’re serious or not. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think the methods (taxes and regulation) of forcing people to change their ways is what's pissing people off. Offering alternative fuels for reasonable costs will help. The technology in for fuel efficient cars has progressed and so have sales. Things will improve as price and tech does. 

Well.  People have to change their ways.  Face this or die.  Maybe that’s not the reality for you.  But for your children or grandchildren it very well may be.