• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UN Climate Change Report (huge increases in gasoline taxes)

11 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Already seeing what look like mass extinction events.  It’s happening faster the you think Lou. 

can you show me these mass extinctions? I have no idea what you are referring to.

11 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

You're right that the most violent changes probably won’t impact your life much if you’re in your 70’s now.

when did I say this? 

7 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Well.  People have to change their ways.  Face this or die.  Maybe that’s not the reality for you.  But for your children or grandchildren it very well may be. 

My biggest issues isn't whether climate change is real or not. Obviously it is. I just don't think Uncle Sam is going to make it all better. If people can utilize alternative energy that is friendly on their wallet they will change. 

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

can you show me these mass extinctions? I have no idea what you are referring to.

when did I say this? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jul/10/earths-sixth-mass-extinction-event-already-underway-scientists-warn

coral comes to mind.  If coral is gone the ocean is F*ck*ed. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

My biggest issues isn't whether climate change is real or not. Obviously it is. I just don't think Uncle Sam is going to make it all better. If people can utilize alternative energy that is friendly on their wallet they will change. 

The United States can lead and move the needle.  Throwing up your hands and talking about how there’s nothing can be done is the surest way to doom. 

Also, what was the point of eliminating the emissions targets for car manufacturers.  They were on course to get it done.  Shit like that man.  Why ? 

I've read several articles about the report, and all of them feel very theoretical. For most people, the warning has to be specific and appeal to their self-interest.

What they need to do is outline specifically how people's lives will be inconvenienced in 5 years, 10 years, 15 years, and 20 years if we maintain our current course.

18 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

"Wildlife is dying out due to habitat destruction, overhunting, toxic pollution, invasion by alien species and climate change. But the ultimate cause of all of these factors is “human overpopulation and continued population growth, and overconsumption, especially by the rich”, say the scientists,"

to assign blame on climate change is hyperbole 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

It's ridiculous that science has become a partisan issue. I'm not sure if Dems or Reps are more to blame, but it's sad that people are suspicious or receptive to science based on their political views.

Maybe because the science can't be trusted especially when it is in lock step with government. Read Gary Taubes work on the FDA. 

11 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

This shouldn't be a partisan issue. Climate change will lead to more Mexicans migrating north to escape the increasing heat at the equator.

So what you're saying is...

Accept climate change, and there will be fewer Mexicans in the US.

Deny climate change, and more Mexicans will immigrate to the US.

Conservatives:

confused larry david GIF

45 minutes ago, Lou said:

"Wildlife is dying out due to habitat destruction, overhunting, toxic pollution, invasion by alien species and climate change. But the ultimate cause of all of these factors is “human overpopulation and continued population growth, and overconsumption, especially by the rich”, say the scientists,"

It’s not though, changing ocean temperatures are directly related to climate change.   There are many factors.  But climate change is a significant one. 

China set the date of 2030 to elimate the sale of gasoline vehicles. Part of the global climate change iniative is also reduce the quantity of farm animal production and make meat proteins less than 10% of any diet. The emphasis would be to change to a reweable plant source diet for the world so bye bye bacon. Also required is reforestation to battle the existing carbon footprint and eliminating coal production completely for an energy source. 

That's a whole lot of social reinventing to pull off in 12 years. They are never going to force all of that down the industrial nations throats. 

59 minutes ago, Lou said:

Why is no one pointing out that "invasion by alien species" is mentioned in this quote?

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

China set the date of 2030 to elimate the sale of gasoline vehicles. Part of the global climate change iniative is also reduce the quantity of farm animal production and make meat proteins less than 10% of any diet. The emphasis would be to change to a reweable plant source diet for the world so bye bye bacon. Also required is reforestation to battle the existing carbon footprint and eliminating coal production completely for an energy source. 

That's a whole lot of social reinventing to pull off in 12 years. They are never going to force all of that down the industrial nations throats. 

So do you think all of those things are pointless and that the environment will be just fine in 12 years if we don't change anything?