• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout is the perfect guy to be the face of Major League Baseball

Chuck

He should be, there is little question, but for whatever reason MLB wont promote him as such as long as he wears an Angel uniform.  That seems clear.  They put it back on him as though they dont have an entire marketing wing.   At least that the impression i get along with the rumors that mlb tried to talk Ohtani out of coming here.   We should be a goldmine for them marketing wise... but apparently its the players responsibility, lol 

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

The writer lost me a little when he said that Arenado could arguably be the better player.

Like, no. There's no argument, I like Arenado and he's great, but no.

Ringolsby is a traditionalist, and a Rockies guy. Kind of like Lyle Spencer. May come to the right conclusion but has poor reasoning. 

7 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

He's not the perfect guy if he doesn't want to be the face like reports suggest. He has also been asked numerous times to be on the cover of MLB The Show and he declines every time. He doesn't seem to want any kind of spotlight.

So lets sign Harper, let him run interference for Trout, problem solved :)  

The writer lost me with this.  It is a bizarre take on Manfred's statements.  Even those that were taken aback by what Manfred said can't legitimately think Manfred "called him out".  Right?

"Mike Trout was called out by commissioner Rob Manfred because Trout isn’t enough of a self-promoter?"

3 hours ago, floplag said:

He should be, there is little question, but for whatever reason MLB wont promote him as such as long as he wears an Angel uniform.  That seems clear.  They put it back on him as though they dont have an entire marketing wing.   At least that the impression i get along with the rumors that mlb tried to talk Ohtani out of coming here.   We should be a goldmine for them marketing wise... but apparently its the players responsibility, lol 

A player has to want to be marketed.  I agree with MLB on that.   I wouldn’t shit on him, but if he’d rather not do commercials on his off time I’m completely fine with that.   He gets as much pub during the regular season as Judge and the like.