• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ESPN: How the Angels can convince Mike Trout to stay

floplag

15 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I don't see how this necessarily would prevent the Angels from using additional money under the luxury tax to improve the team, UNLESS there were cash flow problems or issues on the balance sheet.

The Angels are very financially healthy so I would doubt either of those two things are problems.

Reason 3: 

There wasn't a player they thought was worth what it would take to acquire him. 

The final nail in the coffin for me was not getting Yelich. That proved they clearly are not doing all they can to win while Trout is on the team. The handling of the starting rotation and bullpen over the years is also perplexing. I could easily see him leaving because this franchise does not do what it takes to win like other franchises that have already been mentioned here. 

The Angels still haven't replaced Glaus or Kendrick or Krod. Their scouts have mostly missed on every pick. This ORG is not run nearly as well as others he can go to. He stated that winning was very important to him so if he stays here, there will definitely be opt outs. 

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018?list=ana

All those guys need to be amazing and better than Yelich and other players they could have been traded for.  As it stands now, if Mike Trout wants to win a World Series, there are far better organizations to play for. Arte got his 3 million fans again so he's all set. I hope Trout stays but at the same time I will understand if he decides not to.

3 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

The final nail in the coffin for me was not getting Yelich. That proved they clearly are not doing all they can to win while Trout is on the team. The handling of the starting rotation and bullpen over the years is also perplexing. I could easily see him leaving because this franchise does not do what it takes to win like other franchises that have already been mentioned here. 

The Angels still haven't replaced Glaus or Kendrick or Krod. Their scouts have mostly missed on every pick. This ORG is not run nearly as well as others he can go to. He stated that winning was very important to him so if he stays here, there will definitely be opt outs. 

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018?list=ana

All those guys need to be amazing and better than Yelich and other players they could have been traded for.  As it stands now, if Mike Trout wants to win a World Series, there are far better organizations to play for. Arte got his 3 million fans again so he's all set. I hope Trout stays but at the same time I will understand if he decides not to.

I hate this post so much I actually had to go outside and smoke a cigarette. I don't smoke. Your post made me take up smoking.

First off, since you keep bringing up Yelich, why would the Angels have traded for him? Were you clamoring for him during the off-season?

We could say "all our prospects need to be as good as Machado because we could have traded for him." Insert literally any player in place of Machado. It's silly. Who's to say Miami would have traded him for any of our prospects? Trades aren't held in a vacuum.

Also, they replaced K-Rod successfully. Twice. But what does that even mean? They haven't replaced Scot Shields. They haven't replaced Jered Weaver. They haven't replaced Vlad. Great players are great and not easily replaced. 

Please list the "other organizations" that are run better that he could go to. Do you think the Phillies are run better? Because LOL. Saying the Yankees or Red Sox doesn't count. 

Did you know winning is important to literally every player ever? I guess Upton didn't want to win so he signed here instead of a better organization. 

Posting a list of our top prospects and saying "all these guys need to be better than one of the best young outfielders in baseball" is just...god I want to punch you in the ass. You base that on an entirely false premise that the Angels could have easily traded any 4 of those guys for him (even though they had no spot for him). Would Yelich have made this team better? Absolutely. Would Mookie Betts make this team better? Yes.

Was Yelich even openly made available? Why am I even asking this? 

10 different teams have won the World Series since the Angels won it in 2002. The last 5 WS have been won by 5 different teams. So which organizations are better for Trout to win a World Series? He's just as likely to win here going forward as any other team. Your posit that the Angels aren't "doing what it takes" to win is absurd, considering Albert Pujols, Josh Hamilton, CJ Wilson, Zack Greinke, Justin Upton, Huston Street, Andrelton Simmons were all brought in via trade/free agent signing since Trout made his debut not to mention signing the greatest Japanese prospect ever who is just 24 and under control for 5 more years AND AND AND completely turning the farm system around but no they didn't get Yelich so they aren't trying.

I hope your post gets AIDS.

18 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I hate this post so much I actually had to go outside and smoke a cigarette. I don't smoke. Your post made me take up smoking.

First off, since you keep bringing up Yelich, why would the Angels have traded for him? Were you clamoring for him during the off-season?

We could say "all our prospects need to be as good as Machado because we could have traded for him." Insert literally any player in place of Machado. It's silly. Who's to say Miami would have traded him for any of our prospects? Trades aren't held in a vacuum.

Also, they replaced K-Rod successfully. Twice. But what does that even mean? They haven't replaced Scot Shields. They haven't replaced Jered Weaver. They haven't replaced Vlad. Great players are great and not easily replaced. 

Please list the "other organizations" that are run better that he could go to. Do you think the Phillies are run better? Because LOL. Saying the Yankees or Red Sox doesn't count. 

Did you know winning is important to literally every player ever? I guess Upton didn't want to win so he signed here instead of a better organization. 

Posting a list of our top prospects and saying "all these guys need to be better than one of the best young outfielders in baseball" is just...god I want to punch you in the ass. You base that on an entirely false premise that the Angels could have easily traded any 4 of those guys for him (even though they had no spot for him). Would Yelich have made this team better? Absolutely. Would Mookie Betts make this team better? Yes.

10 different teams have won the World Series since the Angels won it in 2002. The last 5 WS have been won by 5 different teams. So which organizations are better for Trout to win a World Series? He's just as likely to win here going forward as any other team. Your posit that the Angels aren't "doing what it takes" to win is absurd, considering Albert Pujols, Josh Hamilton, CJ Wilson, Zack Greinke, Justin Upton, Huston Street, Andrelton Simmons were all brought in via trade/free agent signing since Trout made his debut not to mention signing the greatest Japanese prospect ever who is just 24 and under control for 5 more years AND AND AND completely turning the farm system around but no they didn't get Yelich so they aren't trying.

I hope you gets AIDS.

Fify

22 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I hope your post gets AIDS.

This is a very good post.  

The only two places in baseball that are pretty much guaranteed to be successful basically year in and year out are Boston and NYY. The Dodgers try to spend like that too but they aren't as successful in recent history (last 20 years). 

That's a big reason why we have a good shot at re-signing Trout. Absolutely no guarantee the Phillies have a better future than the Angels