• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dylan Bundy?

Vlad27Trout27

Could be a solid trade piece for us next season. His numbers do not look good, but the stuff is solid.  Taking him out of the Al east could be quite good for him, Looking at his ex-teammate Gausman, since leaving the Al East he's pitched really well with the Braves. These are  Gausman's stats from the Last 15 games: 

image.png.edba3201102fdf223fe36a6e91d98939.png

Most of would probably agreed with me, that Bundy has much better stuff than Gausman.  He could be solid rotation option next year, behind SKaggs and Heaney. 

the Orioles wouldn't be motivated to sell low on him because at 25 years old and controlled through 2021 they'd be better off keeping him to see if he could increase his value.  

So to pry him away it would likely take more than his history would indicate.  

I also guarantee they're probably very wary about giving up on good stuff guys after they basically gave away Jake Arrieta.  

37 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

the Orioles wouldn't be motivated to sell low on him because at 25 years old and controlled through 2021 they'd be better off keeping him to see if he could increase his value.  

So to pry him away it would likely take more than his history would indicate.  

I also guarantee they're probably very wary about giving up on good stuff guys after they basically gave away Jake Arrieta.  

I disagree - they finally pulled the plug and are rebuilding. They held on to Tillman too long. 

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

it's true that getting them to trade bundy may difficult, but this team just traded away Guasman and School. 

Gaussman is 27 and has two more years of control

Schoop Has another year.

As Doc mentioned, Bundy does have 3 years of control remaining.   But as mentioned here, they did trade away Gausman with two years of control remaining.  

5 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Could be a solid trade piece for us next season. His numbers do not look good, but the stuff is solid.  Taking him out of the Al east could be quite good for him, Looking at his ex-teammate Gausman, since leaving the Al East he's pitched really well with the Braves. These are  Gausman's stats from the Last 15 games: 

image.png.edba3201102fdf223fe36a6e91d98939.png

Most of would probably agreed with me, that Bundy has much better stuff than Gausman.  He could be solid rotation option next year, behind SKaggs and Heaney. 

a. showing stats without any category listings isn't fun to read.

b. in a thread about possibly looking at bundy, how about providing bundy's stats instead of gausmans?

9 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

The roster wouldn't fit Trumbo as it is currently constructed, unless Albert decides to retire.  Then, he could play 1B.  Cobb and Bundy would work, except it would leave the Orioles scrambling for starting pitching, just like we did, even though we started the season with what we thought was great depth.  

Before the deadline, the O's were shopping Cobb, Bundy, and Cashner. Don't know what their plans are for pitching next year, but they don't seem to be concerned.

On 9/10/2018 at 12:49 PM, Angel Oracle said:

After seeing IP's post in another thread about Bundy's decreased velocity over the past 2 seasons and shoulder concerns, I'm much more leery about him now.

I'm interested in just about any starter out there, so long as they come at a fair price. Bundy has pretty much only interested me so long as he was hovering around buy-low status. Urena is also probably pretty cheap right about now. 

I'm with totdprods on this,  I Know that Bundy has had his far share of injuries in his career. But, I have him as a trade Piece due to two reason; 1 he should be affordable 2 He's had the best strike-out rate in his career this year, take him out of the Al east and out of Baltimore and see how he does. We know that AL is a tough division for pitchers and also Baltimore's terrible with there pitchers.   

To put it another way...
Noe Ramirez, Jim Johnson, Taylor Cole, Odrisamer Despaigne, Deck McGuire, and Taylor Cole have combined for 13 starts this year, and at times made up 2/5 (maybe even 3/5) of the rotation...

Throw in our other 'reliever' Pena and that's 27 GS from the bullpen. The bullpen! Not even the AAA rotation (which was, in theory, Bridwell, Tropeano, Barria, Lamb, and JC Ramirez...all of whom also made starts!!!!)

I'll roll the dice on the Bundy and Urena types of the world if they come cheaply. Obviously, we should pursue someone a little higher up the food chain, but one of these guys would be a good add. Our SP depth mostly has options remaining in '18. If Shoemaker or Barria have to step into the 6th SP AAA/MLB rotation because there are five healthy guys producing above them, that's a good thing. If you can buy one of those guys fairly cheaply, it's a worthy investment/insurance policy/lotto ticket regardless of what other pitching moves we make, but even more valuable if they do go out and sign Corbin, Keuchel, or trade for deGrom or whomever.

16 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I'm with totdprods on this,  I Know that Bundy has had his far share of injuries in his career. But, I have him as a trade Piece due to two reason; 1 he should be affordable 2 He's had the best strike-out rate in his career this year, take him out of the Al east and out of Baltimore and see how he does. We know that AL is a tough division for pitchers and also Baltimore's terrible with there pitchers.   

Then the question is, how the heck is he striking out more batters than ever, despite the somewhat drastic fall off in mph?  

15 hours ago, totdprods said:

To put it another way...
Noe Ramirez, Jim Johnson, Taylor Cole, Odrisamer Despaigne, Deck McGuire, and Taylor Cole have combined for 13 starts this year, and at times made up 2/5 (maybe even 3/5) of the rotation...

Throw in our other 'reliever' Pena and that's 27 GS from the bullpen. The bullpen! Not even the AAA rotation (which was, in theory, Bridwell, Tropeano, Barria, Lamb, and JC Ramirez...all of whom also made starts!!!!)

I'll roll the dice on the Bundy and Urena types of the world if they come cheaply. Obviously, we should pursue someone a little higher up the food chain, but one of these guys would be a good add. Our SP depth mostly has options remaining in '18. If Shoemaker or Barria have to step into the 6th SP AAA/MLB rotation because there are five healthy guys producing above them, that's a good thing. If you can buy one of those guys fairly cheaply, it's a worthy investment/insurance policy/lotto ticket regardless of what other pitching moves we make, but even more valuable if they do go out and sign Corbin, Keuchel, or trade for deGrom or whomever.

They shouldn't be looking at players who have had career years before entering free agency especially when they are completely outside of their averages. No more turds! That should be their slogan going into the offseason.

14 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

They shouldn't be looking at players who have had career years before entering free agency especially when they are completely outside of their averages. No more turds! That should be their slogan going into the offseason.

I just want to see some MLB-tested depth. I appreciate the frugality and successes we've had finding Pena, Bridwell, Ramirez...that's great. And I realize there's still plenty of risk of injury or mediocre production with Bundy or Urena. And that we've had the worst luck with injuries. But for three years straight we've wound up wrapping the year with relievers (plural with an s) in our rotation.

If they're going to spend big, I want it to be in the form of a trade for a deGrom, Syndergaard, Bumgarner, Taillon - I'd even entertain a creative Kershaw contract in the right circumstances - rather than making the same Wilson/Weaver mistake on Corbin/Keuchel. 

If we're improving the rotation, get someone who will make a drastic difference at the top. Otherwise, look for buy-low guys who come with upside. Dylan Bundy, Jose Urena, Sonny Gray, Jacob Junis, is another good name, Zack Wheeler may fall into here (though he's pitching himself out of buy-low), and failing that, look at the multiple vets available this offseason who will likely be 1-yr deals; Cahill, Garcia, Gio, Hellickson, Happ, Harvey, Holland, Lynn, Liriano, Pomeranz, Ross, Ryu, Sabathia, Sanchez...most of these guys have had at least decent years. 

I just can't see Corbin or Keuchel working in our favor.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

I just want to see some MLB-tested depth. I appreciate the frugality and successes we've had finding Pena, Bridwell, Ramirez...that's great. And I realize there's still plenty of risk of injury or mediocre production with Bundy or Urena. And that we've had the worst luck with injuries. But for three years straight we've wound up wrapping the year with relievers (plural with an s) in our rotation.

If they're going to spend big, I want it to be in the form of a trade for a deGrom, Syndergaard, Bumgarner, Taillon - I'd even entertain a creative Kershaw contract in the right circumstances - rather than making the same Wilson/Weaver mistake on Corbin/Keuchel. 

If we're improving the rotation, get someone who will make a drastic difference at the top. Otherwise, look for buy-low guys who come with upside. Dylan Bundy, Jose Urena, Sonny Gray, Jacob Junis, is another good name, Zack Wheeler may fall into here (though he's pitching himself out of buy-low), and failing that, look at the multiple vets available this offseason who will likely be 1-yr deals; Cahill, Garcia, Gio, Hellickson, Happ, Harvey, Holland, Lynn, Liriano, Pomeranz, Ross, Ryu, Sabathia, Sanchez...most of these guys have had at least decent years. 

I just can't see Corbin or Keuchel working in our favor.

I'm in that boat with you. Either make a trade for an impact arm or...just make a trade for an impact arm. If Eppler is uncomfortable taking risks on FA relievers or starters, then he needs to get creative in adding them via trades.