• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dylan Bundy?

Vlad27Trout27

11 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Bundy as an investment doesn't strike me as someone with a terribly different outcome than Matt Harvey.

So if the Angels acquired him he'd overnight become a 7.50 ERA pitcher? Harvey and Cahill have been unspeakably bad...you'd have to think Bundy wouldn't get worse leaving the AL East. 

I do get that he comes with plenty of risk, and as such, it comes down to cost. He might be nearing a point where the Orioles would be inclined to move him because his value might not get any better, and he'd still possibly come at a reasonable price. 

Orioles farm needs so much help they'd have a wider palate to appease too, and I still think the Angels have more than enough prospect volume that is 1) expendable 2) redundant 3) producing at potential max value and 3) could require moving to clear 40-man clogs that a buy-low deal like Bundy (or Cashner) could be a possibility.

Just now, totdprods said:

So if the Angels acquired him he'd overnight become a 7.50 ERA pitcher? Harvey and Cahill have been unspeakably bad...you'd have to think Bundy wouldn't get worse leaving the AL East. 

I do get that he comes with plenty of risk, and as such, it comes down to cost. He might be nearing a point where the Orioles would be inclined to move him because his value might not get any better, and he'd still possibly come at a reasonable price. 

Orioles farm needs so much help they'd have a wider palate to appease too, and I still think the Angels have more than enough prospect volume that is 1) expendable 2) redundant 3) producing at potential max value and 3) could require moving to clear 40-man clogs that a buy-low deal like Bundy (or Cashner) could be a possibility.

You're trying to use logic. That doesn't work. Logically, Matt Harvey leaving the launch pad in Cincinnati and having a legitimate defense behind him would improve the results. Instead, he's progressively gotten worse. 

Logically, Dylan Bundy away from the AL East would result in better results. A more favorable environment and certainly a better defense. And yet, I have my doubts....

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

You're trying to use logic. That doesn't work. Logically, Matt Harvey leaving the launch pad in Cincinnati and having a legitimate defense behind him would improve the results. Instead, he's progressively gotten worse. 

Logically, Dylan Bundy away from the AL East would result in better results. A more favorable environment and certainly a better defense. And yet, I have my doubts....

That’s where, to me, it just comes down to trusting Eppler and the FO again. And yeah, it’s easy to go but but but Harvey and Cahill, but I think Eppler would be very leery dealing any prospects away if he thinks it won’t be worth it. I don’t think he’s made a single trade yet that fit that definition.

Anyways, just figured Bundy was a fair name to bring back up with everyone hyper-focused on obvious targets like Stroman, Boyd, Bumgarner, especially since Eppler rarely (ever?) goes after the obvious targets. For those same reasons, the Marlins pitchers and the Royals arms (Junis? Duffy?) seem like other guys that could be discussed. 

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Urena should NOT be one of those targets.    Seems like a hot head (Jose Guillen, anyone?). 

I don't think he's ever had any other issues aside from Acuna, and I can't recall, but I read some other articles around then mentioning how out-of-character it was. It was pretty bone-headed though. And he hasn't pitched well since, nor been as durable, so he's not nearly as appealing as he was originally.

• 1 year later...