• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is Scioscia gone after this season?

Glen

Is Scioscia gone after this season?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Is Scioscia gone after this season?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It is sort of dissengenuous bet since you'll just hand him a double double on the house. But knowing Barret he'd counter with Jack Tacos for $1.19. 

I would buy him a delicious lunch, I am thinking Taco Johns or something similar. 

Oh and a free double double is still a double double.  

1 hour ago, mulwin444 said:

Eppler has rebuilt the farm and is still dealing with the mess created by Dipoto...there is no way he'd released after only 3 years without getting a shot to put his guy in place and see what happens.

Wonder what might happen to the "deserves his own manager" logic (which I agree with) if Scioscia is extended?

1 hour ago, Barrett said:

So 3 years no playoffs for the GM and it's a ridiculous opinion? Lets go 4 years for a GM and no playoffs then and see where we are. 

In the torii thread youve talked about not overpaying guys for past performance. 

So which is it?

Eppler had nobody from the farm to promote. He had no pitching, because the entire staff left with TJ.

That leaves only FA. What impact FAs over the last 3 should we have signed, who would have put us over the top?

Keep in mind eppler inherited a team with no LF, at the bigs or minors. No 2B at the bigs or minors. Traded our one pitching prospect for simmons. If we dont make that trade, its not like newcomb before this year would have replaced richards, heaney and skaggs. Plus we would still need a SS.

Were you watching 4 years ago? If you were, you cant blame eppler for missing the playoffs the last 3...

1 minute ago, Homebrewer said:

Scioscia has had a decade and a half to make up for it and change my opinion. Never happened.

I'll party like it's 2002 when it becomes official. 

Mike will probably be devestated when he finds out some random Cubs fan on the internet is happy he's not managing the Angels anymore

7 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Mike will probably be devestated when he finds out some random Cubs fan on the internet is happy he's not managing the Angels anymore

Maybe he will spend his golden years watching managers who can manage in the post season. I doubt he'll learn anything though. All the lasagna has clogged the arteries to his brain.

41 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Honestly don’t feel like I’m being attacked. I’m sorry you feel the need to then say stop acting like a bitch. Again don’t feel like that’s attacking me. Thank you for reading my posts and thinking that way. It’s not the way I feel when I’m writing or when I am reading your responses. And my classy comment was more To try and say thanks for the bitch comment. When I didn’t call you a name in my responses. But everyone responds in their own unique way. Sure I’ll take the lunch bet @Lou I was on a conference call and in the car. To summarize. No I don’t think u two are attacking me. And if u are then it is what it is. I’m very rarely hostile when I read or respond. Just passionate and opinionated when it comes to the sports teams I enjoy. NFL and college football will be here soon enough as will Hockey. Better days are ahead. 

was his post even directed at you?

13 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

In the torii thread youve talked about not overpaying guys for past performance. 

So which is it?

Eppler had nobody from the farm to promote. He had no pitching, because the entire staff left with TJ.

That leaves only FA. What impact FAs over the last 3 should we have signed, who would have put us over the top?

Keep in mind eppler inherited a team with no LF, at the bigs or minors. No 2B at the bigs or minors. Traded our one pitching prospect for simmons. If we dont make that trade, its not like newcomb before this year would have replaced richards, heaney and skaggs. Plus we would still need a SS.

Were you watching 4 years ago? If you were, you cant blame eppler for missing the playoffs the last 3...

no 3B either 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

That was hit right at him.  But they gave him a ring.  Sorry we ruined your life and you had to move, here is some jewelry.  

Alex Gonzalez boots an easy double play grounder that would have ended the top of the 8th inning with the Cubs still leading 3-1, and thus preventing seven additional runs from scoring.