• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Prime Day

33 minutes ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

Thinking about picking up a 10" Fire Tablet for my kid. On sale for $99 (was $150). Anyone have one? Is it any good? She'll use it for your standard streaming shows, apps, games, email. 

I had a Fire Tablet previously. If you are tied to the Amazon ecosystem (movies/music, etc.) it's a great little device. Also allows netflix, hulu and other apps. web browsing wasn't the best. Not going to be a world beater, but for kids it would work fine. I think you can also lock it down pretty good.

Just now, red321 said:

I had a Fire Tablet previously. If you are tied to the Amazon ecosystem (movies/music, etc.) it's a great little device. Also allows netflix, hulu and other apps. web browsing wasn't the best. Not going to be a world beater, but for kids it would work fine. I think you can also lock it down pretty good.

Thanks. Yeah, I was reading about the parental controls, setting time limits, etc. Definitely a needed feature. 

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I keep staring at this. I knew a dude that would make a ton of healthy shit quick and easy with this thing.

Wife loves ours...I can take it or leave it. Sure, it takes 15 minutes to cook something...after you wait 10 minutes for the pressure to increase and another 5 for the pressure to release

16 hours ago, red321 said:

Roomba. Looking forward to it scaring the shit out of the dogs. 

Did you grab this one?

I always walk by the $1,000 one at Costco but never pull the trigger because I feel like I can just pay a maid with that money, but at this price point it seems worth grabbing and looks similar to the $1,000 model.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0798FVY69?pf_rd_p=0ec1401e-36d2-4cde-a81a-0e7afb7cb6b0&pf_rd_r=QFREN9Y597Q8M3FZN2MA

3 hours ago, red321 said:

Wife loves ours...I can take it or leave it. Sure, it takes 15 minutes to cook something...after you wait 10 minutes for the pressure to increase and another 5 for the pressure to release

And like everything stewed.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Did you grab this one?

I always walk by the $1,000 one at Costco but never pull the trigger because I feel like I can just pay a maid with that money, but at this price point it seems worth grabbing and looks similar to the $1,000 model.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0798FVY69?pf_rd_p=0ec1401e-36d2-4cde-a81a-0e7afb7cb6b0&pf_rd_r=QFREN9Y597Q8M3FZN2MA

We have sunken living room and family room so it would be almost worthless in our house. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Did you grab this one?

Yes, that's the one I grabbed. We have two dogs so the hope is a) it scares the shit out of them like the automatic closing garbage can and b) it picks up the dog hair between maid visits.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Did you grab this one?

I have the $1k model, it's awesome.

I want to get a second one for rear of my place. 

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

Grabbed a Fire TV on the cheap. A guy at my work hacks them so I should be getting a lot more stuff to watch soon. 

The Fire TV doesn't need to be hacked, but side loaded. Just need to change some settings and install the Downloader app. If you are a bit tech savvy, try it yourself. Terrarium TV is easy to install. Kodi is a bit more involved. 

On 7/17/2018 at 4:10 PM, Brandon said:

Does it go over rugs or on both wood floors and carpet, or does the sensor make it go around the height differences?

I don't have carpet but it goes over rugs just fine. I had some hallway runners that would fight with and eventually give up on because they had some curls at the edges I couldn't get out. I kept the Roomba and sold the runners because they pissed me off anyways. ;) 

But yeah mostly it's pretty tough, it will keep trying and work around things. Only time it gets stuck is if it sucks up a drape or goes over like an apple cable or something. It's rare but it happens.

What's bomb ass is when it runs low on juice it will automatically return to the home base to re-charge, and then keep going. And the house and wifi mapping is sweet. You can literally see your entire place and the obstacles it went around, and it can show you low signal wifi spots. These guys have been building this auto-vaccuum tech for over a decade, it's solid.

But the downside is the dust tank is not big enough to finish my place (I have two rescue kittens so it's mostly picking up after them in between maid visits). So sometime it tells me it's going to hang loose until I empty it out. But you can tell it just ignore that and keep going regardless. But man even after the maid comes, it still collects stuff. It's impressive. 

5 hours ago, mrwicked said:

I don't have carpet but it goes over rugs just fine. I had some hallway runners that would fight with and eventually give up on because they had some curls at the edges I couldn't get out. I kept the Roomba and sold the runners because they pissed me off anyways. ;) 

But yeah mostly it's pretty tough, it will keep trying and work around things. Only time it gets stuck is if it sucks up a drape or goes over like an apple cable or something. It's rare but it happens.

What's bomb ass is when it runs low on juice it will automatically return to the home base to re-charge, and then keep going. And the house and wifi mapping is sweet. You can literally see your entire place and the obstacles it went around, and it can show you low signal wifi spots. These guys have been building this auto-vaccuum tech for over a decade, it's solid.

But the downside is the dust tank is not big enough to finish my place (I have two rescue kittens so it's mostly picking up after them in between maid visits). So sometime it tells me it's going to hang loose until I empty it out. But you can tell it just ignore that and keep going regardless. But man even after the maid comes, it still collects stuff. It's impressive. 

Dope. I'll pick it up. No pets and the maid will come regularly, but just wanted something in-between. I've heard the from others about pets clogging the machine. The tech part sounds dope. They are always in stock with these things too.