• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Access Journalism

2 minutes ago, dprep80 said:

So did you there ;)

I didn’t jump into anything.  

How about instead of these dumb circle jerk games you’re playing.  Respond to my actual attempt to discuss this with you.  

What do you think would be different for the Angels if they had a perfect manager ?

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I didn’t jump into anything.  

How about instead of these dumb circle jerk games you’re playing.  Respond to my actual attempt to discuss this with you.  

What do you think would be different for the Angels if they had a perfect manager ?

You antagonized me too much from the start.  Pass.

34 minutes ago, dprep80 said:

You antagonized me too much from the start.  Pass.

So I was right, you basically don't want to discuss it, you want to be told you are right.  Cool story bro.  We have had quite a few of your type around here, including you more than likely using a different name.  Sorry we don't take you seriously, we just have seen this movie before.  

3 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

So I was right, you basically don't want to discuss it, you want to be told you are right.  Cool story bro.  We have had quite a few of your type around here, including you more than likely using a different name.  Sorry we don't take you seriously, we just have seen this movie before.  

I talked about it for seven pages and then a couple of guys jumped on me like I'm an idiot and added nothing to my original post. A little too much for me in one day.  I do appreciate that you guys are passionate Angels fans (albeit elitist pricky).  I'll think I'll stick to twitter.  Thanks for the dialogue though.

4 minutes ago, True Grich said:

AW is not for the faint of heart... 

You just forgot to read the instruction manual before you started posting.

Keep posting - the truth is out there.

Thanks for your back and forth.  Much appreciated.

In terms of Media sticking it to Scisocia it seems Dprep didn't pay attention to Ken Rosenthal basically throwing Scisocia under the bus over Dipoto running off and leaving the team without a GM weeks before the trade deadline. But Ken isn't the local guy anymore, sitting in the Angels dugout and interviewing the bench coach in between innings. 

T.J. Simmers, before he lost his mind completely, would rip Scioscia when he wasn't tearing into McCourt or his son in law. Sam Miller would print a few doozies but the LA Times long since quit really paying any attention to the Angels when they cut most of their staff and the sports page no longer is much more than four pages. 

I don't think the job of journalist is to rip on a manager as if they are disgruntled fans. They are to reveal to the fans the game, what happened before, during and after but unless there is a dugout fight, the post game buffet is overturned or the manager kicks dirt on home plate before being ejected, the fact a relief pitcher is brought in that gives up the lead really is the story itself, not the manager picking the wrong guy to come in to pitch based on the event that took place instead of what the writer thinks should have taken place.

I think in short, accountability is the game results. No one holds the manager accountable for the 7-3 win. Not sure why the 3-7 loss is more newsworthy. 

21 minutes ago, Blarg said:

In terms of Media sticking it to Scisocia it seems Dprep didn't pay attention to Ken Rosenthal basically throwing Scisocia under the bus over Dipoto running off and leaving the team without a GM weeks before the trade deadline. But Ken isn't the local guy anymore, sitting in the Angels dugout and interviewing the bench coach in between innings. 

T.J. Simmers, before he lost his mind completely, would rip Scioscia when he wasn't tearing into McCourt or his son in law. Sam Miller would print a few doozies but the LA Times long since quit really paying any attention to the Angels when they cut most of their staff and the sports page no longer is much more than four pages. 

I don't think the job of journalist is to rip on a manager as if they are disgruntled fans. They are to reveal to the fans the game, what happened before, during and after but unless there is a dugout fight, the post game buffet is overturned or the manager kicks dirt on home plate before being ejected, the fact a relief pitcher is brought in that gives up the lead really is the story itself, not the manager picking the wrong guy to come in to pitch based on the event that took place instead of what the writer thinks should have taken place.

I think in short, accountability is the game results. No one holds the manager accountable for the 7-3 win. Not sure why the 3-7 loss is more newsworthy. 

Thanks for the reminder.  I forgot about those Rosenthal articles.  I know it's correlation vs. causation, but the Angels luck sans Trout really started to turn ever since Scioscia signed that long term deal. I wonder how much that deal affected Moreno's decisions over the years with both Reagins and DiPoto.  

17 minutes ago, dprep80 said:

Thanks for the reminder.  I forgot about those Rosenthal articles.  I know it's correlation vs. causation, but the Angels luck sans Trout really started to turn ever since Scioscia signed that long term deal. I wonder how much that deal affected Moreno's decisions over the years with both Reagins and DiPoto.  

I don’t know I will ask Wells, Albert, CJ, Trout, Hamilton, Upton and Ohtani.