• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Access Journalism

1 minute ago, The Boogie Man said:

Well I asked you why you want him criticized now that he’s in the final year of his contract, after being given an injured, incomplete roster for the last three years, but I know the answer.  You want a person to blame because the reality of this teams situation is too much for you to grasp, so you’d prefer to find a villain.  

For someone who clearly thinks he can read minds, your skills have eroded more than you are willing to admit.

Just now, dprep80 said:

For someone who clearly thinks he can read minds, your skills have eroded more than you are willing to admit.

Well for someone “new” to the message board, you found a pretty silly topic to hang your first hat on.  Welcome to AngelsWin!  

36 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Actually, Girarid is supposedly kind of a prick.  By most accounts MS is a different dude in the clubhouse than he comes across in interviews.   TORS probably has some insights here.

Most ive talked to have had good things to say. I have heard theyre ready for a change though...mainly based on scioscias approach to at bats. And maybe this is truly his biggest fault, and where he needs to go.

That said, ive know a few guys from years past who hate him. And a few of the guys who liked him have even said if sosh doesnt like you, youre screwed. (Not sure if that is napoli, but i definitely assume it is).

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Most ive talked to have had good things to say. I have heard theyre ready for a change though...mainly based on scioscias approach to at bats. And maybe this is truly his biggest fault, and where he needs to go.

That said, ive know a few guys from years past who hate him. And a few of the guys who liked him have even said if sosh doesnt like you, youre screwed. (Not sure if that is napoli, but i definitely assume it is).

I wonder what Cron thinks of him.

16 minutes ago, dprep80 said:

If only we actually got to keep Saunders in 2016! 

Or if we didnt lose richards after 15. And skaggs (who we traded trumbo for, and replaced with ibanzez...).and heaney, who we traded howie for, and replaced him with giovotella.

A better manager would have squeezed better performance out of hector sqntiago. And chavez. And meyers arm problems would have stayed in Minn.

Again, this isnt me saying "scioscia is good". Its that our roster was destroyed both by injury and crap players the last 4 years, and weve had no money or trade chips to fix it.

2 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I wonder what he thinks of Eppler.  You know since he is the one who signed Valbuena to platoon with Cron and he is the one that ultimately traded Cron.  

You're right, especially because those moves also explain 2014/2015.  How silly of me to forget that. 

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

Or if we didnt lose richards after 15. And skaggs (who we traded trumbo for, and replaced with ibanzez...).and heaney, who we traded howie for, and replaced him with giovotella.

A better manager would have squeezed better performance out of hector sqntiago. And chavez. And meyers arm problems would have stayed in Minn.

Again, this isnt me saying "scioscia is good". Its that our roster was destroyed both by injury and crap players the last 4 years, and weve had no money or trade chips to fix it.

Yes, but Scioscia dude.  

4 minutes ago, dprep80 said:

I wonder what Cron thinks of him.

That i couldnt tell you. And i know what youre getting at, and perhaps you are right. 

But to be fair, the majority of guys ive known over the years who hated sosh, didnt exactly go elsewhere and make him look wrong. It was quite the opposite. (But again, assuming napoli was one of the guys in that category, sosh was dead wrong)

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

That i couldnt tell you. And i know what youre getting at, and perhaps you are right. 

But to be fair, the majority of guys ive known over the years who hated sosh, didnt exactly go elsewhere and make him look wrong. It was quite the opposite. (But again, assuming napoli was one of the guys in that category, sosh was dead wrong)

Why did (most of) those guys hate him in the first place? Serious question.

Just now, dprep80 said:

You're right, especially because those moves also explain 2014/2015.  How silly of me to forget that. 

Yes when Albert was the first baseman putting up WARs of 3 and 4 those two years.   Cron got over 400 at bats in 2015 and 2014 and 2015 combined he had an OBP of .296.  So yea, keep trying.

1 minute ago, dprep80 said:

Why did (most of) those guys hate him in the first place? Serious question.

Im not going to get in to that here. Simply because its stuff guys trusted when they told me...not my place to air out personal beefs in public that dont involve me. Just out of respect.

But its pretty basic "i hate my boss" stuff.

Agqin, the vast majority of guys ive talked to like him. But that doesnt mean hes a good manager.

Im all for replacing him. Im just more about replacing the roster first.

2 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Yes when Albert was the first baseman putting up WARs of 3 and 4 those two years.   Cron got over 400 at bats in 2015 and 2014 and 2015 combined he had an OBP of .296.  So yea, keep trying.

Which wasn't a shock given his performance at the tougher minor levels.  He still never got a true chance imo.