• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Access Journalism

19 hours ago, dprep80 said:

Winning games = Happy Trout.  Does Scioscia give them the best chance to win?  

A good manager can probably be responsible for 2 wins a season, a bad manager is probably responsible for 2 loses a season. The players are responsible for the other 160 games. If a team leaves runners in scoring position over and over again. If the bullpen can't hold a lead for 2 or 3 innings consistently, if the players can't keep from becoming dehydrated 40 times a season, and if the GM's hands are tied because of a few really bad contracts to over the hill, future HOF players that just won't hang up their bat even though they are hurting the team, what's a manger to do?...

51 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

A good manager can probably be responsible for 2 wins a season, a bad manager is probably responsible for 2 loses a season. The players are responsible for the other 160 games. If a team leaves runners in scoring position over and over again. If the bullpen can't hold a lead for 2 or 3 innings consistently, if the players can't keep from becoming dehydrated 40 times a season, and if the GM's hands are tied because of a few really bad contracts to over the hill, future HOF players that just won't hang up their bat even though they are hurting the team, what's a manger to do?...

How do you figure +-2 wins?  The biggest influence a manager has in my opinion is where he puts his best hitters in the lineup and when he uses his best relievers. 

15 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

If you followed me on twitter you’d already know this.  

I hope so because your Facebook feed blows chunks.

i mean seriously, how can you be so consumed with all those cat videos?!?

46 minutes ago, dprep80 said:

How do you figure +-2 wins?  The biggest influence a manager has in my opinion is where he puts his best hitters in the lineup and when he uses his best relievers. 

The belief is there is at most a 5 game swing between the best and worst managers in baseball.  Even if he isn’t the best he certainly isn’t the worst.  Also line up construction is over rated and we have no reliable arms in the bullpen, so you could go out there and call for the next Parades and it would be the same as Sosh doing it.  

8 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Huge fan of a “new guy” who comes here, gets opposing views to his own and tells people to F off.  

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm pretty sure every new poster is just the same dude trolling.

Still with this "new guy" thing?  Let it go..

1 hour ago, dprep80 said:

Sosh can only play the players he has. He can't put in better players than those that are available. There is only so much he is able to do. Sure he would like to bat Betts, Harper, Trout, Machado, etc., but he only has Kinsler, Calhoun, Upton, etc available.

It would be nice to to start Verlander, and deGrom every 5 days, but guess what they play for someone else. You want better results get better players. Anyone can manage the Red Sox, Yankees, or Astros these days. I doubt anyone could fix the mess the Angels are at the moment. We need better talent and there is little that could be done to save this season, so we really need to start planning next years strategy.

3 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Sosh can only play the players he has. He can't put in better players than those that are available. There is only so much he is able to do. Sure he would like to bat Betts, Harper, Trout, Machado, etc., but he only has Kinsler, Calhoun, Upton, etc available.

It would be nice to to start Verlander, and deGrom every 5 days, but guess what they play for someone else. You want better results get better players. Anyone can manage the Red Sox, Yankees, or Astros these days. I doubt anyone could fix the mess the Angels are at the moment. We need better talent and there is little that could be done to save this season, so we really need to start planning next years strategy.

Not saying you are wrong but that is a pretty bold statement.  

For all the injuries etc. the Angels are still in a ton of close games.  Were last year too. 

1 minute ago, dprep80 said:

Not saying you are wrong but that is a pretty bold statement.  

For all the injuries etc. the Angels are still in a ton of close games.  Were last year too. 

I agree with you he’s doing a great job of keeping this team competitive.  

1 hour ago, dprep80 said:

He can call for a certain play. Sosh called for a double steal and the Angels scored the only run of the game a couple of weeks ago. I can't remember exactly when though. A manger can call for a hit and run, or a squeeze play. They can also take a starter out too early or 1 hitter too late costing a victory. That doesn't happen often and is why I've always heard the 2/3 game rule reference to the managers actual influence on a season. The players win or lose games though.