• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Access Journalism

2 minutes ago, dprep80 said:

To be fair (even though this is exceptionally intellectually dishonest), I never said the Angels should fire MS. I just want in the short term everyone screaming and debating about his performance and how it must be measured.

SandyOrnateGermanspaniel-size_restricted  You... you're good.

5 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

To be fair, you're openly critical of him and still haven't named a single manager that's available that's better than him, even after being prompted. 

Shane Victorino (though he will later secretly convince Trout to sign with Philly so it may be a net loss.)

12 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

The fact of the matter is the Angels don’t move the needle. There just aren’t as many passionate Angels fans out there as with other teams.

I keep thinking about this.  This has always been the case.  It stings a bit to see it written...

In the grand scheme of things - the Angels even with 2002 are somewhat irrelevant.

7 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I keep thinking about this.  This has always been the case.  It stings a bit to see it written...

In the grand scheme of things - the Angels even with 2002 are somewhat irrelevant.

Yes but it could be both a blessing and a curse.  The lack of constant media scrutiny could be a big reason guys choose to play here.

7 minutes ago, dprep80 said:

Shane Victorino (though he will later secretly convince Trout to sign with Philly so it may be a net loss.)

You joke but still haven't named one.

And a big reason why you haven't named one is because there really isn't a bette manager than Scioscia that's available.

And it's really a fit issue.  Bringing in a veteran manager that's stuck in his ways really doesn't fit the Angels because they already have that.  Bringing in a new manager isn't a bad thing but that new manger has to take what Scioscia did so well (the clubhouse and media relations) and then handle the lineup card and bullpen better than his predecessor. 

It's a very specific circumstance, and there isn't a single available manager that fits it. 

Sorry to answer the question for you, but you clearly weren't answering it. 

19 minutes ago, dprep80 said:

To be fair (even though this is exceptionally intellectually dishonest), I never said the Angels should fire MS. I just want in the short term everyone screaming and debating about his performance and how it must be measured.

Why?  Isn’t it too late for that because the last few years haven’t been his fault?  

Oh and 100% chance he has posted here before.  

2 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

You joke but still haven't named one.

And a big reason why you haven't named one is because there really isn't a bette manager than Scioscia that's available.

And it's really a fit issue.  Bringing in a veteran manager that's stuck in his ways really doesn't fit the Angels because they already have that.  Bringing in a new manager isn't a bad thing but that new manger has to take what Scioscia did so well (the clubhouse and media relations) and then handle the lineup card and bullpen better than his predecessor. 

It's a very specific circumstance, and there isn't a single available manager that fits it. 

Sorry to answer the question for you, but you clearly weren't answering it. 

I thought it doesn't matter one way or another?  Kidding aside, I like Girardi.  Wouldn't be that different personality wise.

4 minutes ago, dprep80 said:

I thought it doesn't matter one way or another?  Kidding aside, I like Girardi.  Wouldn't be that different personality wise.

Actually, Girarid is supposedly kind of a prick.  By most accounts MS is a different dude in the clubhouse than he comes across in interviews.   TORS probably has some insights here.

Edited by Inside Pitch

2 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Ok, so why?   The last three years he has been given shitty, incomplete injured rosters.  So why now do you want him criticized?  

Allow myself to clarify myself.  I've wanted him criticized for longer than 2018.

1 minute ago, dprep80 said:

Allow myself to clarify myself.  I've wanted him criticized for longer than 2018.

Ok, but in your words he hasn’t been, so why bring it up now?  Why bring it up any of the last three years?  If you spilled milk, would you bitch about it four years later?  

7 minutes ago, dprep80 said:

So you want to replace one manager that's stuck in his ways with a great clubhouse rapport for another manager stuck in his ways with a crappy reported clubhouse rapport. 

Ok, but in your words he hasn’t been, so why bring it up now?  Why bring it up any of the last three years?  If you spilled milk, would you bitch about it four years later?  

Are you seriously asking why I would bring up criticizing a manger or the topic in general in an internet forum. 

Just now, dprep80 said:

Are you seriously asking why I would bring up criticizing a manger or the topic in general in an internet forum. 

The timing.  

Are you also complaining about Trout’s playoff history?  Because that is about as relevant.  

3 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

So you want to replace one manager that's stuck in his ways with a great clubhouse rapport for another manager stuck in his ways with a crappy reported clubhouse rapport. 

I assume Girardi is a bit more of a hard %&*& which I think would benefit the Angels.

The timing.  

Are you also complaining about Trout’s playoff history?  Because that is about as relevant.  

Because every year that passes without a playoff appearance makes questioning the manager (along with everyone else) more relevant.  And with his contract set to expire, it becomes even more relevant.

We could have canned sosh 5 years ago and the results would have been the same. We spent the last 4 or so years with our rotation getting tommy john like a stripper gets tits. A lineup that featured trout and pujols, with other pieces (simmons only began hitting recently, and as luck would have it, calhoun forgot how at the same time).

I posted a stat a few weeks back they mentioned at the game...upton is the first LF weve had to hit 7 home runs since hamilton in 2014. Let that sink in.

Howie was the last 2B who could hit. Maldonado has a decent bat, before him you have to go back to iannetta. Pujols has fallen apart. Escobar was our best hitting 3B since when? Freese maybe? 

Bottom line is simple. The pujols and hamilton contracts sunk this team. We talk about the possibility of retaining trout and signing a bat like machado...that would be very expensive, and handicap other moves. But at lesst they would hit. Now compare that to albert and hamilton. With ZERO farm.

It was and has been a perfect storm.

We maybe would have been better off blowing past the luxury tax, but two problems. 1, we would continue to have too many holes to fix with money (starting with the entire rotation...that alone would cost what? In free agency). The lineup would still need at least 2 bonafide stars to supplement an otherwise mediocre lineup.

2, our farm would still be in the dumps today.

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

We could have canned sosh 5 years ago and the results would have been the same. We spent the last 4 or so years with our rotation getting tommy john like a stripper gets tits. A lineup that featured trout and pujols, with other pieces (simmons only began hitting recently, and as luck would have it, calhoun forgot how at the same time).

I posted a stat a few weeks back they mentioned at the game...upton is the first LF weve had to hit 7 home runs since hamilton in 2014. Let that sink in.

Howie was the last 2B who could hit. Maldonado has a decent bat, before him you have to go back to iannetta. Pujols has fallen apart. Escobar was our best hitting 3B since when? Freese maybe? 

Bottom line is simple. The pujols and hamilton contracts sunk this team. We talk about the possibility of retaining trout and signing a bat like machado...that would be very expensive, and handicap other moves. But at lesst they would hit. Now compare that to albert and hamilton. With ZERO farm.

We maybe would have been better off blowing past the luxury tax, but two problems. 1, we would continue to have too many holes to fix with money (starting with the entire rotation...that alone would cost what? In free agency). The lineup would still need at least 2 bonafide stars to supplement an otherwise mediocre lineup.

97175-you-da-man-gif-v9X5.gif

24 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Actually, Girarid is supposedly kind of a prick.  By most accounts MS is a different dude in the clubhouse than he comes across in interviews.   TORS probably has some insights here.

Girardi did get fired from the Fish despite being NL MOTY.

11 minutes ago, dprep80 said:

Because every year that passes without a playoff appearance makes questioning the manager (along with everyone else) more relevant.  And with his contract set to expire, it becomes even more relevant.

Well I asked you why you want him criticized now that he’s in the final year of his contract, after being given an injured, incomplete roster for the last three years, but I know the answer.  You want a person to blame because the reality of this teams situation is too much for you to grasp, so you’d prefer to find a villain.  

14 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

If only we actually got to keep Saunders in 2016!