• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Access Journalism

2 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

In general, I find the focus on managers in MLB to be overblown. Managers win if their players stay healthy and play well.

Imagine that!

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I just think it might be better to have a new manager to work with all of the new guys coming up from a now solid farm system over the next 2-3 seasons.   Then this will truly be Eppler's org, from the scouts to the players to the coaching staff.

I think it's likely Eppler makes that decision soon, hopefully it's fully his decision to make..   Not sure he's really concerned with having his label on the team, dude is Stoneman level low key.  But he couldn't be blamed for wanting his own dude in there.

3 minutes ago, Torridd said:

Dprep, what is your theory why there has been "no" criticism by the media on Scioscia?

I think its a product of lack of media coverage/interest (which can be blamed on fans) plus the control Arte has over KLAA as both mentioned by Jeff.  I honestly don't know how much control Moreno has over other media entities but given his background I imagine he's got more proxy-type influence than other owners.  

2 minutes ago, dprep80 said:

I think its a product of lack of media coverage/interest (which can be blamed on fans) plus the control Arte has over KLAA as both mentioned by Jeff.  I honestly don't know how much control Moreno has over other media entities but given his background I imagine he's got more proxy-type influence than other owners.  

Perhaps, but I guess I don't see the point in controlling such criticism. Arte can either ignore it or not. Moreno has his own ideas on Scioscia already and he doesn't seem like the insecure type not  to let people talk freely.

6 minutes ago, True Grich said:

An endorsement from IP is like Lebron James approving all the moves your team makes.

It's like being USDA certified... FDA approved... etc., etc.

1 minute ago, Torridd said:

Perhaps, but I guess I don't see the point in controlling such criticism. Arte can either ignore it or not. Moreno has his own ideas on Scioscia already and he doesn't seem like the insecure type not  to let people talk freely.

FWIW, I don't know if what Dprep80 means when talks about criticism is more along the lines of scrutiny from the media -- which is also what Jeff brings up when he says it's up to them to ask him why he does what he does.   I know lots of the local papers in SoCal now sort of work as a larger entity so, maybe there aren't as many people asking questions as in the past, so you see fewer articles than was the case years ago.

The fact of the matter is the Angels don’t move the needle. There just aren’t as many passionate Angels fans out there as with other teams. 

If it’s not your entire job to focus on the Angels (ie me), you’re just not going to bother with them. 

4 minutes ago, Torridd said:

Wanting to maintain control and being insecure are not mutually exclusive.

42 minutes ago, dprep80 said:

A good clubhouse means nothing if you aren't winning or even making the playoffs. Winning games = Happy Trout.  Does Scioscia give them the best chance to win?  

Name a single manager that is available that is as good as Scioscia in handling a clubhouse and is better than Scioscia at building a winner.  If you can name one that is better than Scioscia than I'm all for it.  I mean Scioscia might be the worst I've ever seen at bullpen management, but everything else about this team's sale of play seems pretty solid. 

Also, this new manager of yours should probably speak Spanish.  It isn't a requirement, but given the amount of Latin Americans on the roster, it's probably a good idea.  Scioscia is fluent in Spanish. 

Just now, Jeff Fletcher said:

There just aren’t as many passionate Angels fans out there as with other teams.

Which is why guys like Andrelton Simmons can't crack the top 5 in all-star voting for SS's. 

In 2004 my season seat section was full of regular season seat holders. It was like the movie "Fever Pitch" and the group was like your "summer family."  Today there are basically two of that bunch that are still there.

37 minutes ago, dprep80 said:

That is an excuse and is in no way a justification for poor lineup choices and in-game management.

Lol....

I guess if sosh swapped some of the all stars making up this roster, wed win more games.

Bat trout leadoff. Uh, of 4th i guess. Then bat upton behind him. That leaves simmons and....and...

Ohtani is the only other guy whos hit consistently. Except he missed a month, and the two months he played, he only hit 4 times a week.

So what would you or these better managers do with the lineup? Move pujols up or down? Then what? Valbuena up or down? Kinslers sizzling bat, where? 

Calhoun gave us 2 months of historic bad...worse than mathis bad....to go with kinsler. And valbuena. Not that cozart wasnt a force.

The SP has lost ohtani for 2 years. Richards has been hurt again. Shoe hasnt played. Skaggs back on the DL.

The bullpen is rock solid, i agree. If only they were used differently...

I know i know. These are all excuses. A better manager would get pujols back to his st louis production. Valbuena would be a stud. Kinsler would go back to his all star ways. Cozart would have repeated that ONE year with the bat hes had.

Whats amazing about your take is that you assume a group of 25 men, almost all of which are 30 years old give or take and have played pro ball for years, who fall into the category of either past prime or always hurt....and you assume its where their boss bats them in a lineup, or what inning they appear in.

Question. If scioscia or ANYONE else batter trout 7th, do you think he would suddenly forget to hit? And if sosh or ANYONE else moved pujols up in the lineup,  would he suddenly regrow knees and lose 10 years off his age?

Just now, Scotty@AW said:

Name a single manager that is available that is as good as Scioscia in handling a clubhouse and is better than Scioscia at building a winner.  If you can name one that is better than Scioscia than I'm all for it.  I mean Scioscia might be the worst I've ever seen at bullpen management, but everything else about this team's sale of play seems pretty solid. 

Also, this new manager of yours should probably speak Spanish.  It isn't a requirement, but given the amount of Latin Americans on the roster, it's probably a good idea.  Scioscia is fluent in Spanish. 

To be fair (even though this is exceptionally intellectually dishonest), I never said the Angels should fire MS. I just want in the short term everyone screaming and debating about his performance and how it must be measured.

To be fair (even though this is exceptionally intellectually dishonest), I never said the Angels should fire MS. I just want in the short term everyone screaming and debating about his performance and how it must be measured.

To be fair, you're openly critical of him and still haven't named a single manager that's available that's better than him, even after being prompted.