• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Updated top 10 prospects per fangraphs

floplag

4 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

I’m not as smart on these as many of you but I’d probably move Canning up two spots and where’s Thaiss?

These folks that write up the picks for Fangraphs, have they ever seen any of our minor leaguers play or are they desk jockeys?

Canning isn't tall enough. Surprised he was ranked as high as he was.

16 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I took a quick look at the guys the Royals took. Not good.

The Royals GM compared this trade to the one where they sent Greinke to the Brewers for Alcides Escobar and Lorenzo Cain.

Escobar and Cain weren't the Brewers top prospects at the time but were their top defenders.  The Royals were building a team around defense and hoped Escobar's and Cain's offensive side would catch up...

Eventually won a World Series because of the trade.

So there is more to a trade than just how players are rated

Just now, ksangel said:

The Royals GM compared this trade to the one where they sent Greinke to the Brewers for Alcides Escobar and Lorenzo Cain.

Escobar and Cain weren't the Brewers top prospects at the time but were their top defenders.  The Royals were building a team around defense and hoped Escobar's and Cain's offensive side would catch up...

Eventually won a World Series because of the trade.

So theirs more to a trade than just how players are rated

Royals probably know they have a lot of other pieces they can deal off to fill needs too, so they may have evaluated their return from the Nationals with that in mind.

2 hours ago, floplag said:

Updated list per FG:
https://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/los-angeles-angels-top-10-prospects-updated/

Basically its like this:
Adell
Jones
Marsh
Canning
Maitan
Adams
Castillo
Ward
Hermosillo
Soriano

Hon mention:
Thaiss
Rivas
Jackson

Makes the equivalent Herrera deal much more palatable and irritating since basically no one on this list would have been involved

Your fatalist thought process tortures you, and destroys your credibility and discussions.

Your brain just, out of fantasy, fills in the details to support the narrative you are committed and addicted to.

None of us can help you in fixing this other than being willing to be honest with you that it is blatantly obvious.

Marc Hulet's lack of knowledge pertaining to Angels prospects continues to astound me. It's ok to disagree with the consensus, but to flat out get information wrong is  just plain idiotic when it's so readily available. 

You can google these guys, read our scouting reports, read TBW's, watch them on MiLB.tv, go watch them in person.....so many options.  

And yet he chooses to produce this.  A complete lack of knowledge or even interest in these kids by the FG staff.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Hermosillo is literally right there you silly goose.

I probably missed him as we was shuttling back and forth between Anaheim and SLC.  Timing is everything.

14 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

When the change was announced, I thought it was going to make his career path even harder, but looks like I was dead wrong about that so far.  

My exact reaction also.  I thought he was dead man walking.

We kept hearing it was his defense as a catcher that made him a prospect in the first place. . .

6 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Roberto is such a piece of shit. 

why?  It's not his fault that someone overestimated his ability.  

He's got potential to be a util guy at the major league level.  Maybe even a bad starter who plays for his defense.  Like Alcides Escobar or Nick Ahmed.  

He probably ends up on the AAA shuttle for a couple years but he'll probably get some major league time at some point.  Maybe like a Nolan Fontana or Rey Navarro.  

35 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Your fatalist thought process tortures you, and destroys your credibility and discussions.

Your brain just, out of fantasy, fills in the details to support the narrative you are committed and addicted to.

None of us can help you in fixing this other than being willing to be honest with you that it is blatantly obvious.

what a load of crap.  but hey were all entitled to our opinions i guess... except those who disagree with the powers that be 

Just now, Dochalo said:

why?  It's not his fault that someone overestimated his ability.  

He's got potential to be a util guy at the major league level.  Maybe even a bad starter who plays for his defense.  Like Alcides Escobar or Nick Ahmed.  

He probably ends up on the AAA shuttle for a couple years but he'll probably get some major league time at some point.  Maybe like a Nolan Fontana or Rey Navarro.  

Well, that's true. It's on Dipoto, but it's very upsetting. I'm still a very skeptical Roberto will get to the majors, but yes, if he does, it would likely be of the utility variety.

2 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

That's what it was. They weren't happy with him as a catcher. But it's definitely working.

I mean I suppose the last ditch would have been 1b if they were pleased with his hitting as 3b isn't the easiest position to pick up but I understand the thought process for sure. Not extremely quick on his feet but a great arm, that's 3b all day long IMO

1 hour ago, Dick B Back said:

.....I expect Canning to be the best drafted starter since Weaver......

When healthy, Richards has been good....Skaggs to a lesser extent....Patrick Corbin has been good when healthy for the DBacks (we drafted him).....