• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

06/23/2018 GDT - Scoiscia died. All noobs in lineup

6 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

The problem is we don’t know that he’s not attempting to fix the bullpen. Could be:

1. Call to GM... how ‘bout Adell... click.

2. Call to GM... we’d need Canning to do that deal... click.

you're crazy. Valbuena and Morris should fetch a standout closer

(yes, I said fetch)

50 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

The problem is we don’t know that he’s not attempting to fix the bullpen. Could be:

1. Call to GM... how ‘bout Adell... click.

2. Call to GM... we’d need Canning to do that deal... click.

Soria shouldn't cost nearly as much. 

I sure hope at least one of those college pitchers drafted in the 3rd, 4th, and 6-10 rounds can become a solid reliever in 2-3 years.

In the meantime though, what to do now????

54 minutes ago, TroutField said:

I’m just baffled that  Eppler is just going to let this season go down the drain without even attempting to fix the bullpen. 

Wtf is he doing? Thanks for everything you else you have done for the organization but what the F*ck 

I'm not.

It's been the Angels MO for several years..there's no help coming guys.

50 minutes ago, Lou said:

do you honestly think he isn't trying? 

Sorry Lou but the track record says there's no help on the way.

The last several years we've watched as our pitching staff was decimated  and all we got was Ricky Nolasco.

The writing is on the wall.

Hope I'm wrong but I think all we can hope for is another blowout patch.

Too many people base their opinion of whether or not the Angels are searching for talent based on rumors they read online or hear on talk radio. That's the wrong approach.

Remember that this franchise historically plays things close to the vest. A lack of news does not equate to a lack of effort. We usually don't hear news about them until a deal is announced, and it's been that way since the Stoneman days. We should all be used to it by now.

1 hour ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Sorry Lou but the track record says there's no help on the way.

The last several years we've watched as our pitching staff was decimated  and all we got was Ricky Nolasco.

The writing is on the wall.

Hope I'm wrong but I think all we can hope for is another blowout patch.

Upton and Phillips came last year.  

I didn't see the game but did skim through the thread.  I find it funny that people are blaming the bullpen when the offense was leaving guys on base left and right.  The Angels aren't built to win games 2-1.  They need to score 5 runs a game to have a chance.  If they got some hits with RISP, they would have won tonight. 

6 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

I didn't see the game but did skim through the thread.  I find it funny that people are blaming the bullpen when the offense was leaving guys on base left and right.  The Angels aren't built to win games 2-1.  They need to score 5 runs a game to have a chance.  If they got some hits with RISP, they would have won tonight. 

It's really bad, but at least we're not the Mets.

Their hitters are 4 for 65 with RISP in their last 13 home games, and they've lost every one of them.

10 hours ago, TroutField said:

I’m just baffled that  Eppler is just going to let this season go down the drain without even attempting to fix the bullpen. 

Wtf is he doing? Thanks for everything you else you have done for the organization but what the F*ck 

This is where we’re at right now. I don’t think Arte is prepared to take on another teams salary dump. 

492A03CD-1D57-4967-BD22-1B4EE218DB91.jpeg

7 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

but the noobs got to play so everything is cool 

He’s doing well at bringing in new prospects (and not trading all of them like Dip*ssy), position players, and support relief.

Now, where are the late innings relievers????????  If even one solid one had been brought in during the off-season, how many more wins would they have?   He has to know how crucial they are to success today.

For everything else, Billy gets a B+/B so far for his first 2.5 years.   For late inning relievers, he gets a a D+/D.

10 minutes ago, Lou said:

who should we acquire and what are you willing to give up to get him/them? 

For starters, Soria can’t cost a lot.   Granted, he may be a rental due to the team option of $10 million for 2019.  He has the extensive closing experience.  

Not as much now, but in the upcoming off-season for starters, he can sign Herrera and not lose a 2nd round pick due to mid-season trade.  He can also convert some of those 3rd through 10th round pick college pitchers to relief.

This org has ZERO late innings relievers.   After 2.5 years, that’s on Billy.

Most of all, this org needs to STAT reverse the 10 years of mostly bad late innings bullpen work.

Important thing is, they have now built org depth.   Except for true rentals, they need to start using a little of it and not be like stand pat Stoneman while also not being like deplete the farm Dip*ssy.

In our top five the guy I am most willing to trade is Jam Jones.  I would trade him in a package for Hand or possibly Iglesias.  Someone under control for the next couple of years.  I also would like to get Jesse Chavez back as a long man out of the pen.  Someone on a different forum mentioned Tyson Ross, he is having a good year, might be able to get him for a starting role.  

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

For starters, Soria can’t cost a lot.   Granted, he may be a rental due to the team option of $10 million for 2019.

Not as much now, but in the upcoming off-season for starters, he can sign Herrera and not lose a 2nd round pick due to mid-season trade.  He can also convert some of those 3rd through 10th round pick college pitchers to relief.

This org has ZERO late innings relievers.   After 2.5 years, that’s on Billy.

I totally get what you are saying but last year the pen was pretty good using Billy’s method.  This year with Middleton the pen looks different.  You are absolutely right though this was a pen where everything had to go perfectly.  Then pick up players at the deadline to complete the pen, just like Jerry did in 2014.  

2 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I totally get what you are saying but last year the pen was pretty good using Billy’s method.  This year with Middleton the pen looks different.  You are absolutely right though this was a pen where everything had to go perfectly.  Then pick up players at the deadline to complete the pen, just like Jerry did in 2014.  

Yep, even just one maybe two of the right additions can make a big difference.   Parker, Alvarez, Ramirez, and even the recently renamed BedRock Jr. are fine for earlier in the game and sometimes later on work.   Even just one good acquisition would move Parker to key setup man, more of his true calling, and the other three to mainly support work.

8 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

During the post game Sosh pretty much said as much.