• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Relief Pitching

6 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

Yes but last nights game was entirely on the offense. One damn run.  Justin Anderson isn’t pitching the ninth if we have a one run lead.   Unless Parker wasn’t available.  I saw the end of a game in a bar and couldn’t hear if they said anything like that. 

Parker had pitched back-to-back 9th innings.  The HUGE problem is having ZERO depth after Parker for late innings work.

Upton’s up and down, along with Kinsler (until recently), Cozart, and Valbuena (until recently) struggling haven’t helped matters any, to be sure.

Can’t seem to get the lineup to do well at the same time.   Waaay too much up and down.

I’m amazed they were 5th in AL runs scored before this series.   Doesn’t seem like it.

16 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

And Anderson didn't do any thing good either which is why he got the loss. Sure the offense wasn't very good last night but neither was Anderson. In fact Anderson gave 3x more runs in 1 inning than Barria did in five.

Anderson isn't there the minute the first Blue Jay reaches first base if the Angels have the lead. But since no one knows how many more innings the Angels have to fill when the game is tied up. Do you fry a resource when your offense has been capping the bed all game or play for the long haul? 

You see the box score, the real game is completely different. 

57 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Anderson isn't there the minute the first Blue Jay reaches first base if the Angels have the lead. But since no one knows how many more innings the Angels have to fill when the game is tied up. Do you fry a resource when your offense has been capping the bed all game or play for the long haul? 

You see the box score, the real game is completely different. 

I watch every game.

Bullpen Ϝucks up another game today.

On 6/23/2018 at 10:00 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

Honestly, the Angels bullpen has probably been about average, all things considered.

The blown saves figure is a little misleading because those can happen in the 6th inning and a lot of times when you have one you still win the game. 

The Mariners have 14 and the Angels have 15.

If the Angels bullpen is above average the bar is really low this year. Maybe because of so many teams in a rebuild mode. Considering there are more SO than hits this year saying our pen is above average is hard to swallow.

34 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

If the Angels bullpen is above average the bar is really low this year. Maybe because of so many teams in a rebuild mode. Considering there are more SO than hits this year saying our pen is above average is hard to swallow.

I said “about average” not above. 

And it’s more like a little below average. 

Considering ERA and WHIP, they are probably around 17-19 of 30.

33 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

MY bad but I still think they are terrible. We have tied this game on Sunday twice hopefully they can keep it that way. the blew it once already though.

Are we seriously trying to say that the halos pen is league avg? 

First of all, why is that ok?  League avg. means a team that ends up .500.  This is a playoff team supposedly.  Are we ok going with a league avg or worse pen?  I'm not.  

Also, We knew going into the season that our starters were going to have issues with getting deep into games.  How do we not supplement in other areas to account for that.  

The pen is ranked 13th in the AL for WAR.  Take away about 23 ip from Akeel Morris and Luke Bard, and they have a league avg number of innings jumping to 12th in WAR.  

How about WPA?  The same exact thing happens except that we jump from 14th to 13th.  WPA take leverage into account btw.  

The fact that the pen has the second highest LOB% in the AL is called smoke and mirrors.  Otherwise known as luck.  Our 20% IHS rate means it could be a lot worse than it's been.  

The average leverage our relievers entering a game is 0.9.  11th highest in the AL.  So no, they aren't pitching in overly high leverage situations on a regular basis.  

There's no slicing and dicing of the pen's stats that get's them to avg. They're bad.  One of the worst in the AL.  Does losing Middleton hurt?  you bet.  But we came to the dance wearing a shit ton of makeup and that's since melted in the heat of the dance floor.  

And those are just the stats.  Hey Jeff, have you ever asked the players (even off record) what it's like from a mental standpoint when you're in a game and the pen gives up 2 runs to put you down 6-3 instead of 4-3?  Did you see Upton yell into his glove as he watched Diaz hr fly over the fence to put the team down 4-3?  

And there it is.  As I'm typing this, some guy named Hansel Robles gives up a hr in the 10th.  Hansel Robles is pitching meaningful innings for the Angels in June when they're supposed to be a competitive club.  

41 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

6 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

MY bad but I still think they are terrible. We have tied this game on Sunday twice hopefully they can keep it that way. the blew it once already though.

I guess not. ?

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

As long as guys have options Billy will sign you

Deck McGuire 1 run 1 IP

Hansel Robles 1 run 1 IP

Akeel Morris 6.17 ERA

Eduardo Paredes 7.43 ERA

Oliver Drake 10 ERA

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I watch every game.

Bullpen Ϝucks up another game today.

Five more innings they had to cover. The odds were against them the whole way. If they had to cover two or three maybe the outcome is different. But again the starter is off the mound after five innings and the bullpen is left with too much work to slough through without making any mistakes. 

Yeah, they coughed up three runs. They also ended up using five pitchers. It's like a game of Russian Roulette, the more times you pull the trigger the greater the odds are the outcome will be bad. 

25 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Leave it to the superfans to say this bullpen isn't bad.

I don't think anyone here thinks this is a good bullpen. I think some of the arguments are they spend too much of the game on the mound. With less exposure the incidences of failure would decrease. It wouldn't make them better pitchers but it certainly wouldn't leave them out there so often to show it. 

14 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Five more innings they had to cover. The odds were against them the whole way. If they had to cover two or three maybe the outcome is different. But again the starter is off the mound after five innings and the bullpen is left with too much work to slough through without making any mistakes. 

Yeah, they coughed up three runs. They also ended up using five pitchers. It's like a game of Russian Roulette, the more times you pull the trigger the greater the odds are the outcome will be bad. 

4 runs and that's the point.  Did you see who pitched today?  which 2 of Noe, Deck and Robles are you cool with pitching in today's game had Pena gone 6 instead of 5?  

Let's wipe away the fact that there were starters and leads and comebacks.  ok, so Alvarez and Parker already pitched.  Who are you bringing in for a tie in the 10th after that?  Robles?  Cam?  Paredes? what if Noe hadn't pitched yet?  

He knew the starters weren't going to pitch that many innings.  Why put 5 bullets in the gun every time you play?  

Noe's problem this month has been giving up HRs. 

before today, all of his other numbers were better than April-May

JUNE:

.122 BAA

.234/.341/.576

0.730 whip 

3 HR  (now 4) 

MAY:

.219 BAA

.286/.328/.614

1.176 whip

0 HR

MARCH/APRIL: