• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game Day Thread 6/21/2018 Angels vs Blue Jays - Trout DH'ing

T.G.

I'm guessing Paredes goes down today and McGuire takes his spot. I'm really failing to see any potential in Paredes - 42 hits (5 HR) allowed in 35.2 career IP with 12 walks and just okay strikeouts doesn't bode well. He's still young and has options though. 

I like what I'm seeing from Lamb. I don't think he'll ever be dominant or someone we could count on regularly, but as a multi-inning reliever/spot starter he'd be handy. Being out of options, it'll be interesting to see how long the club sticks with him and values what he brings. Should he wind up being DFA'ed, I could see it being the dawn of the Suarez era. 

Noe Ramirez is quietly one of the best parts of this team. He's had to roll with the punches and eat a few innings, but he's slowly creeping into filling some of the void we lost when Petit walked:

• Noe 2018: 3.09 FIP, 1.23 WHIP, 7.7 H9, 0.8 HR9, 3.4 BB9, 11.3 K9 - 17 of 33 games are multi-inning (51%)
  • YPetit '17: 2.85 FIP, 0.95 WHIP, 6.8 H9, 0.9 HR9, 1.8 BB9, 10.0 K9 - 35 of 60 games were multi-inning (58%)

Not sure how much longer Justin Anderson can continue getting away with allowing a walk and hit every inning pitched. If he could trim at least one or the other down, he'd become one hell of a reliever. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

So i didn’t get to watch the game last night but it looks like the offense played pretty well. The Jays pitching staff is a hot mess. Also, does Paredes have any value or place in the bullpen? That guy blows chunks

His entire value lies in the fact that he’s better than Akeel Morris and he has minor league options. 

29 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

-.3 WAR, a truly pathetic 77 ops+

One game does not a season make.

This is the game day thread, it’s “truly pathetic” you don’t get that.  Bitch about Valbuena in the thread about him being on the team.   When you shit on him in this thread then he makes you look like the blowhard you are in these threads, be a man and admit you were wrong.