• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What Could This Mean...

12 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

JMF can play multilpe positions. Valbuena is gone next year, Pujols DH next year. So we actually need Thaiss, and I also believe he's legit. Trading him right now would be an epic mistake.

Ohtani, if no TJS, would get about 80 DH starts, Pujols would get the other 80 starts plus 40 1B starts, and Thaiss the other 120 1B starts in 2019?

Sounds good to me.   JMF gets 3B, Cozart gets 2B and hopefully hits to at least a .750 OPS with solid defense.   Or, Cozart becomes an expensive super util player, JMF or Ward at 3B, and Fletcher or Rengifo at 2B.  

It's nice having various options.  

Just now, Taylor said:

Is he just going to ride the bench? I wonder why he's not in the lineup tonight.

They probably want to give Valbuena some at bats against Leake, the righthander. I'm sure he'll suck, so Fletcher should get a start at SS tomorrow against the lefty with Cozart moving back to 3B possibly, or vice versa. 

1 minute ago, rafibomb said:

I mean I am super excited and all but the real question is "will he play enough to even be worth calling up?"

Maybe this is Valbuena's last resort at starting? He's going up against Leake.

Tomorrow is against Gonzales so Fletcher will start, but I'd love for Fletcher to get regular at bats until Simmons comes off the DL personally.  

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Maybe this is Valbuena's last resort at starting? He's going up against Leake.

Tomorrow is against Gonzales so Fletcher will start, but I'd love for Fletcher to get regular at bats until Simmons comes off the DL personally.  

makes sense

also my next thought is I hope everything is okay with Matt Thaiss since now his being on the temporary inactive list is unrelated to the news.

Just now, rafibomb said:

makes sense

also my next thought is I hope everything is okay with Matt Thaiss since now his being on the temporary inactive list is unrelated to the news.

He technically could still be traded tonight or tomorrow sometime, or one of these things:

The Temporarily Inactive List is for minor league players only.

It is essentially an in-season excused Leave of Absence, and it is used for Paternity Leave, Bereavement Leave, and Family Medical Emergency Leave, as well as when a player is delayed reporting to a new club, or is attending college, or is incarcerated, or has returned home for personal reasons. Only minor league players (including players on Optional Assignment to the minors) can be placed on this list.

A player on the Temporarily Inactive List does not count against his club's Active List, but he does count against the club's Reserve List. (If a minor league club's Reserve List is full, a player who ordinarily would have been placed on the Temporarily Inactive List can be placed on the Restricted List instead, but placing a player on the Restricted List does require the approval of the MLB Commissioner).

A player cannot be placed on the Temporarily Inactive List any earlier than the start of his club's regular season, the player must remain on the Temporarily Inactive List for at least three days, and a player on the Temporarily Inactive List must be reinstated no later than the conclusion of his club's season.

A player normally is not paid while on the Temporarily Inactive List (club option).

12 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I am still wondering about Thaiss.

Would be funny if he was just getting married or something. lol

Fontana is awfully redundant with Fletcher  on the big league club. 

My guess is he gets DFAed or optioned tomorrow and Thaiss takes his place - Fletcher is the speed/defense replacing Nolan, Thaiss is the pop replacing Marte. 

Why didn't they do it today? Perhaps they weren't sure if Fletcher would make it by game-time and didn't want to play short a UT IF tonight.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Fontana is awfully redundant with Fletcher  on the big league club. 

My guess is he gets DFAed or optioned tomorrow and Thaiss takes his place - Fletcher is the speed/defense replacing Nolan, Thaiss is the pop replacing Marte. 

Why didn't they do it today? Perhaps they weren't sure if Fletcher would make it by game-time and didn't want to play short a UT IF tonight.

Could be that too! 

12 minutes ago

What you need to know about David Fletcher...

David Fletcher:

Leader in hits (85) ✅

Leader in XBH (36) ✅

Leader in 2B (25) ✅

Leader in total bases (138) ✅

PCL Leader in runs (52) ✅

PCL Leader in All-Star voting at SS ✅

3 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Team avg with risp I believe is .250 

not good not great. 

Lets hope fletcher can help fix that 

The real reason this seems to stand out is we are almost never blown out.  So when we lose by a run or two, it is very easy to look back at opportunities where a single here or the right kind of out there and it is a win or a tie game.  Super frustrating as a fan.  

2 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

The real reason this seems to stand out is we are almost never blown out.  So when we lose by a run or two, it is very easy to look back at opportunities where a single here or the right kind of out there and it is a win or a tie game.  Super frustrating as a fan.  

The last 2 losses come to mind lol

1 minute ago, The Boogie Man said:

...especially when we're in the hunt for the second wild card until mid-September and finish three or four games out. Then we look back at these excruciating losses and ponder what could have been...

Frustrating as hell, and it seems to be year after year after year. 2014 was an exception, but then we got swept in the first round.