• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Mariners (6/11/2018)

Chuck

2 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Jerry > eppler 

shows in the standings so far 

Lol stop it. Mariners are overachieving this season and have a poor farm system. Their long-term outlook isn't encouraging. Angels are set up for better sustained success moving forward and I'd be surprised if they aren't consistently better than Seattle over the next 5 seasons

Just now, bloodbrother said:

Lol stop it. Mariners are overachieving this season and have a poor farm system. Their long-term outlook isn't encouraging. Angels are set up for better sustained success moving forward and I'd be surprised if they aren't consistently better than Seattle over the next 5 seasons

Well that’s comforting.

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t think Eppler could have anticipated what a train wreck Cozart and Calhoun have ended up being.  Kinsler with his hot streak has numbers that seem predictable to me.   Not good in other words.  

Maybe Fernandez gives us one of the bats we hoped we’d had in Calhoun or Cozart.  Eppler needs to get someone tho.  It’s as urgent as the need for a closer. 

All the numbers indicated that Cozart was due for serious regression. Granted, he's performing even worse than his career norms but it's not all too surprising to see him performing so poorly. He went from one of the better parks for hitters to playing in Anaheim. It's fair to question what Eppler and co. saw in Cozart to believe in his bat actually being an improvement for the club. Cozart's defense not being as advertised is something that nobody could really have anticipated tbh.

4 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

All the numbers indicated that Cozart was due for serious regression. Granted, he's performing even worse than his career norms but it's not all too surprising to see him performing so poorly. He went from one of the better parks for hitters to playing in Anaheim. It's fair to question what Eppler and co. saw in Cozart to believe in his bat actually being an improvement for the club. Cozart's defense not being as advertised is something that nobody could really have anticipated tbh.

and they gave him a three year deal. I think he would’ve accepted a one year deal. We pretty much overpay any player who was above average at some point in their career. I actually thought he was better than this. He’s just an average Joe.

14 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Lucky ? Their manager won them the game by walking trout to load the bases and facing upton 

I’m sure they’re thrilled to only give up 3 solo home runs 

the angels offense is mark Reynolds ...home runs or nothing !!!!

We just be near the fracking ##}^^ bottom of the AL in multiple run HRs!!!!!!

F #}#%# unclutch Halos!!!!

9 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

and they gave him a three year deal. I think he would’ve accepted a one year deal. We pretty much overpay any player who was above average at some point in their career. 

Who was the last FA hitter to do a solid job here?    Matsui????  EIGHT freaking years ago????

And for the money, Pujols has been anything but!

Fire the MLB scouts, and get some in here who know what they’re doing!

The farm scouts >>>>>> MLB scouts!!!!!

Is it that freaking hard to find solid enough hitters on other teams????

Angel Stadium ain’t that bleeping hard to hit in!!!!!

Maybe it is Sosh, how he approaches things, that helps prevent good offense from happening?    I am admittedly getting tired of him managing after so long, just like I’m tired of the most overrated college basketball coach being at LB for so long, Dan Monson.

Both seem like dinosaurs to me.   Sosh with his give the vet every chance even when he sucks as bad as Young does.  Sosh puts too much emphasis in strong clubhouse, to the detriment of the team pretty much. 

15 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Definitely did expect regression from Cozart.  But not this hard core.  He was really, really good last year.  It’s hard to imagine that there wasn’t something that clicked in his game.  Anyway, apparently it was a mirage.  I don’t really blame the Angels for that one.  Just shitty luck.  As always it seems like. 

1 minute ago, Dick B Back said:

Well, just got back from a boys weekend trip in the boonies with limited data. Stopped and got my InO, now trying to catch up. 

All I can say at this moment is whoever cries for Blash again should be banned. Most of us know he sucks.

That is all.

mike trout GIF

Way overreaction. How many at bats as he had. Granted odds are he will suck. But to base it off a few games is really silly.  stat wise he is still doing better than Calhoun. in 14 plate appearances he has had 2 walks and 2 hits. His OBP is probably the highest of all the Angel RF's all year. hate to be in a foxhole with some of you.

2 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

Way overreaction. How many at bats as he had. Granted odds are he will suck. But to base it off a few games is really silly.  stat wise he is still doing better than Calhoun. in 14 plate appearances he has had 2 walks and 2 hits. His OBP is probably the highest of all the Angel RF's all year. hate to be in a foxhole with some of you.

I mentioned how bad he sucked last time he got called up. No overreaction. Have a nice day.

42 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

We now trail Seattle by 5.5 games. That’s pretty pathetic after all of the offseason acquisitions. 

There is nothing pathetic being behind a franchise that's winning 64% of their games.

BTW what is the head to head syandings?

What are their standing among common opponents?

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Sosh countdown: 95 games 

AO this is the game day thread where you bitch about the game.  The only thing Sosh did wrong was start Heaney.   Everyone criticized each bullpen move he made today.  Those moves amounted to zero runs being scored after Heaney.   

11 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

AO this is the game day thread where you bitch about the game.  The only thing Sosh did wrong was start Heaney.   Everyone criticized each bullpen move he made today.  Those moves amounted to zero runs being scored after Heaney.   

Fair enough

Hey Upton, what the crap was your problem tonight?  You can’t do ANYTHING with Wade freaking LeBlanc.

Speaking of which, how does that guy suddenly have a 3.00 ERA?????