• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Mariners (6/11/2018)

Chuck

1 minute ago, krAbs said:

If Valbuena could play defense, I'd get it. But he is bad there too. JMF is just as versatile, is better at hitting, and can't be any worse on defense. I don't get it.

This is the same thing as the Chris Young situation. Makes no sense to anyone why he’s still here and getting games but it’s better for your blood pressure if you just laugh it off and accept it

2 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

This is the same thing as the Chris Young situation. Makes no sense to anyone why he’s still here and getting games but it’s better for your blood pressure if you just laugh it off and accept it

True, I think though that it's one of the reasons that Sosh may need to move up the freeway after this season.    He still makes some head scratching decisions, that seem to be steeped more in clubhouse comraderie.   I get that its' important, but Sosh seems to take it to the extreme. 

5 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I don't mind keeping Valbuena on the 25 man, but don't sit a hot hitter in JMF.  

I question not playing JMF.  However we are not privy to all the info and reasonings into making tonight's lineup.  Maybe there is a good reason with Valbueno over JMF.  I just cant think of anything.

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

True, I think though that it's one of the reasons that Sosh may need to move up the freeway after this season.    He still makes some head scratching decisions, that seem to be steeped more in clubhouse comraderie.   I get that its' important, but Sosh seems to take it to the extreme. 

Like I have argued....you cant judge a manager of strategic moves in a single game like this.  Judge the totality of the season.  

That's said it is as head scratcher.

3 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Marte is batting .302 vs. LHP this year, with two doubles, a triple, and 3 HRs, in 43 ABs. His OPS is .938 vs. LHP. 

I'm sure Fernandez starts over him tomorrow, and I'm sure if we face RH relievers tonight, Fernandez will hit for Marte.

Fair enough i hadnt noticed the pitching match up to be honest, makes sense