• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday thread: 6/10 Angels @ Twins

Glen

6 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Cool!

Sorry some members have ganged up on you. You have some creative ideas. I don't know if I would want Ohtani to close. But in hindsight I wish he was not throwing the splitter. As long as he keeps hitting I do want his bat in the lineup on a daily basis.

I wonder if the Angels will let him pitch at all the rest of the year even if the next 3 weeks go perfect.

6 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I'm not a expert on elbow injuries, but I think the best course of action would be to get TJ after this season, DH all next year.  

I would do the bullpen thing for the WC game and playoffs this year.  I do not like the 6 man rotation, and I do not like Ohtani out of the lineup half the time.

Strikeout pitchers are better relievers anyway.

If his arm is messed up than I cannot imagine the Angels letting him go out there and pitch..... I do not even think they will use him as a hitter only until the arm situation is resolved.

2 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Good for you.  Ohtani just got hurt in a 6 man rotation, which you supported.

wait, so he wouldn't have gotten hurt if the angels only had a 5 man rotation? and i'm sure you don't need to hear this, but he was diagnosed with a sprain in his elbow over the winter, so it's pretty likely this wasn't a brand new fresh injury, or that being part of a 6 man rotation had any bearing on this.

16 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

You don't know that! lol

BTW, my fastball was graded either a 60 or a 70, I can't remember. My curve was graded even higher than that.

just when you thought the hilarity was over . . . 

22 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

You don't know that! lol

BTW, my fastball was graded either a 60 or a 70, I can't remember. My curve was graded even higher than that.

Well I didn't play HS baseball.  Was on the basketball team but did not get anytime the last five games.

22 minutes ago, Lou said:

image.gif

I do not understand with all the put downs. We all get it that you are a funny and witty guy. Putting someone down is unnecessary. If you feel good about yourself.... enough said. Honestly if he could even throw 80 mph I am totally impressed. I never could get there. All of you guys were probably studs in your own way. Storm to even share a court with a future NBA all star I am very impressed. 

We all share 3 things in common. Baseball. Angels Baseball. Knowledge of Angels baseball. So why are we attacking each other like we are the enemy.... save that for the Red Sox & Mariner fans.

A lot of ideas are bantered around here that are excellent ideas. Who knows maybe if Ohtani was a closer maybe he never injures his arm and we have him for the next 2 years? Who knows? To say his idea is bad when the other way was a complete disaster.... I don't get. Right now if Ohtani was to hit .300 and hit 30 HR's a season that would be awesome and something the Angels really could use.

The constant bashing just keeps posters away and keeps the dialogue down, and the ideas down.  

28 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I have no reason to think otherwise. Maybe Ohtani falls down some steps.

How bout 130 years of MLB and it hasn’t been tried successfully.  That’s a damn good reason to think otherwise.  You aren’t smarter than every single manager, GM, president of Baseball Operation, pitching coach that’s been employed for the last century plus.  You’re just a guy on the internet who had a grade 60 or 70 FB with a better curve ball.  

1 hour ago, Griffey's Corner said:

I do not understand with all the put downs. We all get it that you are a funny and witty guy. Putting someone down is unnecessary. If you feel good about yourself.... enough said. Honestly if he could even throw 80 mph I am totally impressed. I never could get there. All of you guys were probably studs in your own way. Storm to even share a court with a future NBA all star I am very impressed. 

We all share 3 things in common. Baseball. Angels Baseball. Knowledge of Angels baseball. So why are we attacking each other like we are the enemy.... save that for the Red Sox & Mariner fans.

A lot of ideas are bantered around here that are excellent ideas. Who knows maybe if Ohtani was a closer maybe he never injures his arm and we have him for the next 2 years? Who knows? To say his idea is bad when the other way was a complete disaster.... I don't get. Right now if Ohtani was to hit .300 and hit 30 HR's a season that would be awesome and something the Angels really could use.

The constant bashing just keeps posters away and keeps the dialogue down, and the ideas down.  

Agreed with what you say about the discourse.  

I thought the discussion about Ohtani closing had merit.  However once it was explained it wouldnt work it really should not have continuously brought up.

57 minutes ago, Lou said:

boasting about one's athletic prowess from years gone by, then using it to legitimize asinine ideas, will always be laughed at here. 

In fairness he brought up his pitching prowess after someone on here asked if he ever pitched. It wasnt like he was boasting.

anyone here have any actual experience with someone with TJ surgery and whether or not they could swing a bat effectively within a few months as some here have suggested?

my brother had shoulder surgery last june and wasn't able to resume playing hockey until january, and even then it was non-contact. i have serious doubts about shutting him down as a pitcher with surgery but then thinking he can go ahead and hit effectively inspite of it.

5 hours ago, Lou said:

Haha! holy crap

image.gif

where's @Brandon when we need him? 

These types of amateur legends come around once a year here, and there always seems to be a new one. Still living the glory years from behind a keyboard.

Guys, unless you scored four touchdowns versus Polk High, no one cares that you once struck out 15 batters in the Delaware State regional quarterfinals.

10 hours ago, stormngt said:

In fairness he brought up his pitching prowess after someone on here asked if he ever pitched. It wasnt like he was boasting.

wrong. 

nobody asked about his prowess, they just asked if he had ever pitched . "Yes, I pitched in ______" would have answered the question. Going on and on about his 12-6 curveball, his pitch grades and striking out a major leaguer is boasting. 

9 hours ago, Tank said:

anyone here have any actual experience with someone with TJ surgery and whether or not they could swing a bat effectively within a few months as some here have suggested?

my brother had shoulder surgery last june and wasn't able to resume playing hockey until january, and even then it was non-contact. i have serious doubts about shutting him down as a pitcher with surgery but then thinking he can go ahead and hit effectively inspite of it.

I haven't, although I doubt he'd be able to swing a bat effectively considering it's his lead arm when he bats.