• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday thread: 6/10 Angels @ Twins

Glen

1 minute ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Trout was a shortstop in high school. Outfield is for players who are not good defenders.

Cozart is a great defender. To play RF, you need a good arm. If you are able to play third base, that means you have a good arm.

If Ohtani closed and threw changeups instead of split-fingers he would have neither a blister nor a UCL tear.

Dude, let it go!  Trout played CF extensively in the minors. Two full years I believe 

Just now, Mark68 said:

That was probably the most well-rounded team the Angels ever fielded. Even role players performed well, and that was a deep lineup that was hard to get out.

I had dinner with Grich once and he said the 82 team was the best team he ever played on. 

Just now, BackUpTheTruck said:

Warm up in the pen in the top of the 8th, bat in the bottom of the 8th, close in the top of the 9th.

On the road, warm up in the bottom of the 8th, bat in the top of the 9th, close in the bottom of the 9th.

Nope, won’t work.  

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

86 was a pretty good team as well.

It was, but it was also a team that wasn't quite as deep as the '82 team.

I probably have something against the '86 team because they were one strike away from the World Series and failed to get there.

But '82 was the great Reggie, Downing, Carew, DeCinces, Grich, Baylor, Boone, Foli...

Just now, BackUpTheTruck said:

A lot of reasons? Really? I'm open minded unlike you, I'm agreeable and can admit if I am wrong.

How many times have you seen a closer warm up, but then stop for a half inning, and then come into the game to start the ninth?  The answer is never.  So he warms up in the 8th, comes out and hits in the 8th, maybe gets on base and runs the bases, then goes out and gets 8 total pitches to be ready to close a game?  It is asinine.  You not seeing it doesn’t make you open minded.  It makes you in love with your own thoughts.  

5 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

It was, but it was also a team that wasn't quite as deep as the '82 team.

I probably have something against the '86 team because they were one strike away from the World Series and failed to get there.

But '82 was the great Reggie, Downing, Carew, DeCinces, Grich, Baylor, Boone, Foli...

Throw in Joyner to replace Carew, Schofield for Foli.. and it's almost the same team

86 had better pitching, but 82 had Lynn in CF and the Decinces, Grich and Jackson were four years younger.

9 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I had dinner with Grich once and he said the 82 team was the best team he ever played on. 

Except for the pen not being very deep, Corbett struggled, Hassler pitched well, some times Sanchez pitched well, Kison pitched occasionally in the pen, and Aase only made 24 appearances. 

Still trying to understand what happened in those three games in Milwaukee, and how the heck do you let a scrub like Peter Ladd shut you down?

Just now, Taylor said:

I haven't been able to watch this game, but I'm glad I haven't. Looks like another case of the Angels stranding runners left and right, in addition to poor pitching. 

That describes it perfectly. So you haven't missed much.

WTF am I doing still listening to this game when I could be watching poker?