• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday thread: 6/10 Angels @ Twins

Glen

16 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I'll admit I didn't do my research. I went primarily by what I've seen by watching the Mets and Dodgers, mostly in the playoffs.

My point is that relievers in the NL have have come in to pitch, had an at bat, and pitched the next inning. 

That is the essence of what I want with Ohtani. Warm up in the pen while the Angels are pitching, hit, then close.

But no.  Because you ignore that pitchers in the NL don’t have to hit until they are in the game.  Ohtani would be in the game and have to figure out when to get warmed up.  

18 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

My point is that relievers in the NL have have come in to pitch, had an at bat, and pitched the next inning. 

that's different than coming in to hit, then trying to pitch with limited warmup pitches. 

how dan you not see this? 

8 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Young and Kinsler cost us the game when they stranded the runners on second and third with nobody out. Weak pop ups.  Can't fault Trout because he hit a solid line drive.

Are you effing serious with this shit? Kinsler went 3-for-4 and scored two runs. Young scored one and drove one in. Trout went 0-for-5 and LEFT EIGHT MEN ON BASE. But he can't be blamed because he hit a line drive in the 9th?

You, sir, are about as ignorant as they come.

3 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

All people have against this idea is ad hominem attacks.

Here's the truth: Ohtani CAN run out to the bullpen in between innings to warm up. He CAN run out to the dugout after he warms up, to hit. He can do that process for two straight innings if it is necessary.

But no, now we have NOhtani. Closers usually throw 80 innings a year, wheras starters throw much more than that.  I knew his splitter was going to cause problems.

That fact that you can do something does not mean you should. Didn't you ever see Jurassic Park? How did that work out?

Just now, BackUpTheTruck said:

Pros: Having Othani hit every game, having a dominant strikeout pitcher in the bullpen, less innings decreasing chances for injury, more balanced team (5 man rotation, better bullpen, Marte/Valbuena platoon unnecessary)

Cons: Opening up the possibility for using pinch hitters in extra innings.

The pros outweigh the cons.

Who would you be pinch hitting for?  Also my guess is working more often is just as bad as pitching more pitches.  

Yes I have pitched before, but no I haven’t pitched in the big leagues, and apparently you have.  So when you were a major league pitcher, how often did you have to warm up, then come sit in the dugout before you pitched the most important inning of the ball game?

9 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I was good enough to strike out a current major leaguer. That is all I will say.  I was never a DH/closer.  I will say that throwing 20-30 pitches a day, max effort, will not injure you.

which is evidenced by the fact that relief pitchers never get hurt. 

27 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I was good enough to strike out a current major leaguer. That is all I will say.  I was never a DH/closer.  I will say that throwing 20-30 pitches a day, max effort, will not injure you.

When did you strike him out...in little league?

BTW I busted a three while being guarded by an NBA all star.  

1 minute ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I knew somebody would say that. Y'all are too predictable.  No, not in little league.  Real baseball.

So where did you strike him out?  Were you a professional baseball player?  College? HS? What is defined as real baseball?

5 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I knew somebody would say that. Y'all are too predictable.  No, not in little league.  Real baseball.

7 minutes ago, stormngt said:

When did you strike him out...in little league?

BTW I busted a three while being guarded by an NBA all star.  

Even in Little League I think that would still be impressive. And the basketball thing to.

3 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

Even in Little League I think that would still be impressive. And the basketball thing to.

Trust me the basketball thing wasnt that impressive.  It's a point that just because you had success against big time talent does mean much unless you can do it consistently and the big time talent is taking it seriously.

1 hour ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

All people have against this idea is ad hominem attacks.

Here's the truth: Ohtani CAN run out to the bullpen in between innings to warm up. He CAN run out to the dugout after he warms up, to hit. He can do that process for two straight innings if it is necessary.

But no, now we have NOhtani. Closers usually throw 80 innings a year, wheras starters throw much more than that.  I knew his splitter was going to cause problems.

This is an example of Dipoto logic.

Jeebus, wipe the cheetos off of your gut and come back to reality.  Remember, your mom doesn't like it when you make messes.

1 minute ago, Griffey's Corner said:

at this point in my life even just making a 3 point shot is pretty good..... much less against that kind of competition. My claim to basketball was not as high.

Lol...well I agree.  At this time an my life I would be happy hitting the rim.  I was talking about 30 to 20 years ago.

41 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

You should hook up with the guy who posts here claiming to have coached at the national level achieving legendary status.