• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Andrelton Simmons

While his prowess in the field has long been his calling card I was pleasantly surprised by the numbers he's putting up with the bat. I knew he was going well but I didn't know just HOW well.  Leading the league in AB per SO too. Where do you think he'll end up numbers wise at the end of the year?

2018-05-30_15-55-27.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, NachoPop said:

While his prowess in the field has long been his calling card I was pleasantly surprised by the numbers he's putting up with the bat. I knew he was going well but I didn't know just HOW well.  Leading the league in AB per SO too. Where do you think he'll end up numbers wise at the end of the year?

2018-05-30_15-55-27.jpg

Tony Gwynn AB per SO for his career was 21.4 and Simmons is up there with 19.3.  I am so impressed with how quickly he improved his hitting.

RIP Tony Gwynn

10 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Honest question, you have Andrelton Simmons and Ozzie Smith in his prime on  the same team. Who plays SS?

Simmons is better, but I might put him at third and Ozzie at SS.  I guess it depends on if Ozzie can play 2nd. 

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Segura for two months of Grienke, ugh!   Who seriously thought Grienke would re-sign here?

A lot of people.  I’m sure you can remember the narrative around him.  He was thought to be a guy that wouldn’t want every dollar and considering his medical condition he’d shy away from the major markets. 

Honestly, that was the exact kind of trade I keep hearing people call for. Trout was in the midst of a great rookie season, these guys were high-risk, high-potential prospects (neither of the pitchers panned out, btw), and people were calling for Dipoto to make a move to shore up the staff for a potential wild-card run. Which failed, as they couldn't overtake the Rangers and Orioles. This was never going to be a 'long term' sign for the Angels - it was always a rental to 'get them over the hump'.  

Those who don't learn from past mistakes are doomed to repeat them.

9 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Segura for two months of Grienke, ugh!   Who seriously thought Grienke would re-sign here?

That trade gets a lot of hate -- but Jerry got about as much value as you could hope to get out of Segura.  Pena and the other guy were prospects only in name.

46 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

That trade gets a lot of hate -- but Jerry got about as much value as you could hope to get out of Segura.  Pena and the other guy were prospects only in name.

Yeah, they were top 10 for the Angels system, but then....

22 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Yeah, they were top 10 for the Angels system, but then....

I understand where they ranked, but both pitchers were more suspects than prospects IMO.    I did think Hellweg was going to be one of those failed starters that ended up being a really good BP piece, but I think he had injuries get in the way.  Ariel Pena was smoke and mirrors and a lot of middling stuff.   I didn't mind losing either of them.

16 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Back on topic, is any AL SS playing any better than Simmons, all around?

Machado and Lindor are hitting for more power, but no one has a higher WAR than Simmons.

Lindor, Machado, and Simmons are all playing at about the same level. Simmons and Lindor are tied in BWAR and Lindor has the Higher fWAR. But all 3 are certainly within the margin of error of each other. I normally don't care about this stuff, but I'd like to see Simmons make the AS team. He deserves it. 

1 hour ago, The Boogie Man said:

A lot of people.  I’m sure you can remember the narrative around him.  He was thought to be a guy that wouldn’t want every dollar and considering his medical condition he’d shy away from the major markets. 

A lot of people? 

He made it be known that he was going to the highest bidder. Dodgers had an open check book. 

They gave Zack 147m with an opt out , we gave Hamilton 125m.