• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CJ Cron = the new Napoli

On 5/18/2018 at 6:59 AM, Angel Oracle said:

If Pujols can’t see that it’s time by September 2019 to negotiate a way to pay his two remaining years then over several years, and accept player retirement, then I won’t know what to say.

He may need to be prodded during the 2019 season.

I normally stay out of the pujols bashing, because we all agree. But at aome point hes going to have to come to terms with rhe effect hes having on his team, including arte. 

Hes blocking younger, better guys, most of which will never come close to the money hes already made. Hes keeping the team feom improving, because of his money. And i cant imagine its much fun for him anymore.

On May 18, 2018 at 2:11 PM, FanSince'98 said:

Ha hilarious, I told my Dad the exact same thing before the game last night. I KNEW Cron would make us look bad, because we gave up on him in favor of freaking Valbuena. At WORST we should've kept Cron as a bench bat and back up for when Pujols gets injured or starts to embarrass himself like he currently is. Then again, that's a fantasy, since Scioscia still won't take him out of the 4 spot. 

Did you tell your dad hit .176 against us and struck out in 45% of his plate appearances? 

10 minutes ago, FanSince'98 said:

My dad hit .176 against us? Not bad for a 70 year old. lol. It's one series Cron is still hitting better than any of our 3 1B. 

Cool, ask the OP to change the name of the thread to “Cron is still hitting better than any of our 3 1B”

15 minutes ago, FanSince'98 said:

My dad hit .176 against us? Not bad for a 70 year old. lol. It's one series Cron is still hitting better than any of our 3 1B. 

Here is what you said before: 

I KNEW Cron would make us look bad, because we gave up on him in favor of freaking Valbuena

Hitting .176 in a 4-game series is making us look bad? 

12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Here is what you said before: 

Hitting .176 in a 4-game series is making us look bad? 

Even at the end of the second quote you can see I was referencing us trading him in favor of Valbuena...and how we should've kept Cron as a bench bat or backup for Albert. Y'all got your hunting pants on today searching for things to call out? 

11 minutes ago, FanSince'98 said:

Even at the end of the second quote you can see I was referencing us trading him in favor of Valbuena...and how we should've kept Cron as a bench bat or backup for Albert. Y'all got your hunting pants on today searching for things to call out? 

We didn’t trade him in favor of Valbuena, stop saying that.

6 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

We didn’t trade him in favor of Valbuena, stop saying that.

No? Well we certainly didn't trade him to acquire anything of value. Valbuena is getting the majority share of playing time behind Albert where Cron would've been playing. 

2 minutes ago, FanSince'98 said:

No? Well we certainly didn't trade him to acquire anything of value. Valbuena is getting the majority share of playing time behind Albert where Cron would've been playing. 

Have you ever seen Cron play 3rd base?  Also before you talk out of your ass about the return on Cron, you should probably understand two things.  One, how is that player we got performing, I’ll give you a hint, quite well.  Two, what value did a guy like Cron have on the trade market.   Very little, the free agent market was littered with first base guys who have all performed better in 2017.  

5 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Have you ever seen Cron play 3rd base?  Also before you talk out of your ass about the return on Cron, you should probably understand two things.  One, how is that player we got performing, I’ll give you a hint, quite well.  Two, what value did a guy like Cron have on the trade market.   Very little, the free agent market was littered with first base guys who have all performed better in 2017.  

Luis Rengifo is a career .265/.350/.393 hitter in the minors, and yes he's off to a good start. Cool. I understand the trade market wasn't great, even more reason not to trade him in the first place. BTW if you think what Valbuena does over at 3B is adequate then fine but I don't, and Valbuena could still play 3B even if Cron was on the team so what does that even matter. 

Just now, FanSince'98 said:

Luis Rengifo is a career .265/.350/.393 hitter in the minors, and yes he's off to a good start. Cool. I understand the trade market wasn't great, even more reason not to trade him in the first place. BTW if you think what Valbuena does over at 3B is adequate then fine but I don't, and Valbuena could still play 3B even if Cron was on the team so what does that even matter. 

If you can’t understand the importance of position flexibility on a short bench then I guess this discussion is over.  Because that is what this is about and not about which back up first baseman should the team carry.  

6 hours ago, FanSince'98 said:

BTW if you think what Valbuena does over at 3B is adequate then fine but I don't, and Valbuena could still play 3B even if Cron was on the team so what does that even mat

So you would have Ohtani on the bench.

Wonderful idea. 

• 3 weeks later...

depth chart at 3b to start the season.  

Cozart
Valbuena
Marte

Cowart 
JMF
Taylor Ward
David Fletcher
Zach Houchins

depth chart at 1b to start the season:

Pujols
Valbuena
Marte

Carter
JMF
Thaiss
Ackley

Luis Rengifo acquired for CJ Cron.  5'10" 165lb bats S, throws R.  now 21 yo Originally signed out of Venezuela by SEA.  Traded with Anthony Misiewicz to the Rays for Ryan Garton and Mike Marjama.  

25 xbh so far between A+/AA.  .330/.431/.502   35bb/27k.  26 sb/9 cs.  (overlyaggressivecompjosereyescough)