• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CJ Cron = the new Napoli

2 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

People post this like it’s a bad thing, like he must be shitty to be at the top of that list.   The top 8 are all hall of fame players.  

You must be a fan of Kobe.  He has the most missed shots in NBA history.

6 minutes ago, Rico said:

You must be a fan of Kobe.  He has the most missed shots in NBA history.

Kobe has the most missed shots in NBA history because he was great and played for a long time. Look at all those players who are on the lists of most missed shots in NBA history. All tremendous players. Rather be great and have the most missed shots in NBA history than be the worst player in NBA history, like Kwame Brown. 

3 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

What's become obvious is that Scioscia just hates power-hitting 1B/DH types with limited positional flexibility (Napoli, Trumbo, Cron). 

Unless of course they make too much money to fail, in which case they bat 4th every day even though they're worse than any of the 3 guys above. 

Seriously, Trumbo/Napoli/Cron's biggest mistake is that they came up through our system and didn't sign here on an absurd long-term free agent deal. 

Based on what I heard recently (Napoli coming to the ball park hung over) o dont blame the Angel's for dumping him.

Trumbo has flexibility he played a lot in the outfield while an Angel.  I hated seeing him go but we needed pitching in the worse way.  

Cron....in four season when did he show you to be a power hitter? Yes, I know he never got consistent playing time.  But that was because Cron played so poorly he had to be demoted to AAA.  Last year is only year when I felt he should have gotten more time.  The platoon with Valbueno killed him.

Ha hilarious, I told my Dad the exact same thing before the game last night. I KNEW Cron would make us look bad, because we gave up on him in favor of freaking Valbuena. At WORST we should've kept Cron as a bench bat and back up for when Pujols gets injured or starts to embarrass himself like he currently is. Then again, that's a fantasy, since Scioscia still won't take him out of the 4 spot. 

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

The reason he is gone is they had a minor miracle occur and they got Ohtani.   AP's contract is a landmine, but minus Ohtani all three are all still in Anaheim.  

Eppler convinces Ohtani

AngelsWin loves Eppler

Eppler trades Cron

AngelsWin-“Fuck Scioscia”

9 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

Ok in a world where throwing away $90 million for possible modest gains makes sense I’ll agree with you.   Don’t forget, Cron was dog shit last year as well, same as Albert, he just played less.  

Since building a winner is truly a priority I’m sure you’ll be advocating the Angels sign Harper and Machado this off season no matter the cost.   I appreciate your commitment to winning Claude. 

I don't think its the money.  I think it was out of respect for his career..    His worst year in Anaheim before last season was a 113 OPS+, a far cry from great but better than all but one of Cron's seasons.  Regardless of Cron, or Valbuena.... they weren't going to get rid of him last year no matter what.  This year -- we may see them cut bait.  I have no doubt they wanted to give him a chance to prove he could be closer to his previous seasons if fully healthy.  Right now, he's proving he is just done.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

I don't think its the money.  I think it was out of respect for his career..    His worst year in Anaheim before last season was a 113 OPS+, a far cry from great but better than all but one of Cron's seasons.  Regardless of Cron, or Valbuena.... they weren't going to get rid of him last year no matter what.  This year -- we may see them cut bait.  I have no doubt they wanted to give him a chance to prove he could be closer to his previous seasons if fully healthy.  Right now, he's proving he is just done.

Do you think any of it is to show him respect to show a guy like Trout how he’d be treated in his twilight?

Just now, SuperTroopers said:

Do you think any of it is to show him respect to show a guy like Trout how he’d be treated in his twilight?

I think given his contract status, a show of loyalty couldn't hurt.   They are supposedly close and we may see the team let his best friend and roommate for most of his MLB career leave via FA.   Time will tell.  FWIW, If he repeats his 2017 season this year and they fail to act on it after this season I think it's more than fair to question their desire to win.  There is class, there is loyalty and then there is stupid.   

If AP flounders like this all year then says NEXT year will be different...  my reaction will likely make Claude look like a AP apologist.

13 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

Ok in a world where throwing away $90 million for possible modest gains makes sense I’ll agree with you.   Don’t forget, Cron was dog shit last year as well, same as Albert, he just played less.  

Since building a winner is truly a priority I’m sure you’ll be advocating the Angels sign Harper and Machado this off season no matter the cost.   I appreciate your commitment to winning Claude. 

The money has already been thrown away, they aren't getting it back, and they aren't going to get anything out of it going forward. Maybe we disagree but 3 wins is an amount that I would consider significant... we are unlikely to make a bigger upgrade to this team over the next year.

On 5/18/2018 at 7:55 AM, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

No you're ignoring your own eyes and the results. He is among the HR leaders, only 1 fewer than Trout. He has as many HRs, and a higher batting average than Upton. Remember the talk a few weeks ago about how  Didi was becoming the best in baseball, well Cron has 5 more HR than him.

Cron .293/.341/.537/.877 - 11 HR
Upton .262/.325/.488/.813 - 11 HR
Gregorius .255/.343/.537/.880 - 6 HR
Moustakas .294/.328/.541/.869 - 10 HR

The results are the results. The most HR Cron has ever had in 1 season is 16 and he has done that the last 3 years. What do you want to bet he more than doubles that this year. He is off to the best start of his career only because he is allowed to play every day succeed or fail. And he isn't failing.

I'm right until I'm not.

Did you just use Didi to show how Cron has improved? The same Didi that was being crowned before his 1-45 slump? Hmm, sounds like his crazy hot start might have been a fluke and people should have given it a bit more time than a quarter of a season before anointing him better than Jeets. 

Oh, and despite the 1-45 slump, he STILL has a better OPS than Cron. 

38 minutes ago, 101halo said:

Did you just use Didi to show how Cron has improved? The same Didi that was being crowned before his 1-45 slump? Hmm, sounds like his crazy hot start might have been a fluke and people should have given it a bit more time than a quarter of a season before anointing him better than Jeets. 

Oh, and despite the 1-45 slump, he STILL has a better OPS than Cron. 

Believe what ever you want... I will do the same.

9 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

This is true but I also stand by my point that if Valbuena is not on the roster, Cron is still on the team.

I'm not so sure. Marte looking like a capable backup this year so far, but not sure the team saw it that way going into the year. If they didn't trust Marte, then who backs up 3B? Seems like they have little faith in Cowart, so who else? 

Not saying you are wrong that it should've gone that way, but my read on their thinking is that coverage at 3B was the #1 reason it was Cron gone and not Valbuena. That and they were probably thinking like I did that Valbuena would bounce back. Oops.