• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout's May 2018 OPS

31 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I hope he gets at least 400 total bases, which would be the first time anyone hit that level since Bonds, Sosa, Luis Gonzales, and Todd Helton surpassed it in 2001.

I haven't seen mention of most of those names since Roidapalooza 

30 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

re: Trout on pace for 427 total bases, which would place him 7th all-time for a single season.

The #1-6 on that list all hit a lot of triples which definitely helped their total base number. Trout has only 2 triples so far. 

I hope he gets at least 400 total bases, which would be the first time anyone hit that level since Bonds, Sosa, Luis Gonzales, and Todd Helton surpassed it in 2001.

Two of them were no doubt on drugs. Gonzalez was probably on drugs too, in 2001. 57 home runs for a guy whose second highest total of home runs in a season in his career was 31 the year prior to 2001. On top of that, he also played half of his games in a bandbox. And Helton had Coors Field to his benefit. Trout gets to the 400 total base mark is way more legit than any of those four guys.

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Well, Trout's final slash line for the month of May in 2018 is:

.313/.480/.698 in 127 plate appearances. So long and farewell to the month of May! It's been a pleasure to see Trout have a Ruthian-like month of May in 2018 and hopefully, he can do the same thing this month in 2019!

i'm hoping for those kinds of numbers in june, also.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'm hoping for those kinds of numbers in june, also.

Hoping for those type of numbers every month from here on out, including September. You know, Trout's "worst" month of his career where his OPS is barely over .900 in his career, lol.  I hope Trout's "supporting cast" can at least stop relying on him way too much, though. No wonder why he kind of wears down during the last month of the season.

8 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Hoping for those type of numbers every month from here on out, including September. You know, Trout's "worst" month of his career where his OPS is barely over .900 in his career, lol.  I hope Trout's "supporting cast" can at least stop relying on him way too much, though. No wonder why he kind of wears down during the last month of the season.

This is dumb.  If he wears down then that is on him.  What his supporting cast does has no bearing on his at bats.  This isn’t basketball where he plays more minutes, or takes more shots or defends against the other teams best player.  This is baseball which is an individcual team sport.  By the way “supporting cast” is a very dumb term in baseball.  

9 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Well, Trout's final slash line for the month of May in 2018 is:

.313/.480/.698 in 127 plate appearances. So long and farewell to the month of May! It's been a pleasure to see Trout have a Ruthian-like month of May in 2018 and hopefully, he can do the same thing this month in 2019!

Ruth had a lot of months like that and better, some far better.

The eye-popping career line: .342/.474/.690

Six friggin' ninety slugging. Second placeholder Ted Williams is far behind at .634, then Gehrig at .632. Mike's is currently .571

41 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

This is dumb.  If he wears down then that is on him.  What his supporting cast does has no bearing on his at bats.  This isn’t basketball where he plays more minutes, or takes more shots or defends against the other teams best player.  This is baseball which is an individcual team sport.  By the way “supporting cast” is a very dumb term in baseball.  

Then why has Trout only been in the postseason just once in his career despite being the best player in baseball for like 7 years now? That is his teammates' fault if the team can't make the postseason despite Trout being the best player like every year since 2012. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't make it "dumb". 

1 hour ago, JustATroutFan said:

Then why has Trout only been in the postseason just once in his career despite being the best player in baseball for like 7 years now? That is his teammates' fault if the team can't make the postseason despite Trout being the best player like every year since 2012. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't make it "dumb". 

Ok, but the thought of being warn down because of his “supporting cast” is dumb.