• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout's May 2018 OPS

11 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Trout's slash line in his career is ridiculous good, too: .571/.640/1.048 for an OPS of 1.688.

So it's possible that he can post an OPS of at least 2.000 combine against the Rockies in this 2 game series that will start tomorrow, although the Rockies do have better pitchers than they did in either 2012 or 2015, when the Angels played at Coors.

It's pretty neat how Trout has not only batted over .400 in a single season, but is nearly at .600 for his career. I used to believe in WAR, but I don't see how those completely absurd stats aren't worth a single 20 WAR season. 

I did hear he's pretty good in the month of May, though, after a slow start in April. 

6 minutes ago, 101halo said:

It's pretty neat how Trout has not only batted over .400 in a single season, but is nearly at .600 for his career. I used to believe in WAR, but I don't see how those completely absurd stats aren't worth a single 20 WAR season. 

I did hear he's pretty good in the month of May, though, after a slow start in April. 

I guess whoever told you that Trout was good in the month of May didn't lie, well, except for the April part.

5 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

I don't know what jatfOPS means, so OPS.

Was being a smart ass. You didn't specify above that the stats you quoted were only from Coors Launching Pad. 

At first I thought you were taking slugging plus OPS as OPS, but then realized it was the OPS in 25 PA at Coors lifetime. 

16 minutes ago, 101halo said:

Was being a smart ass. You didn't specify above that the stats you quoted were only from Coors Launching Pad. 

At first I thought you were taking slugging plus OPS as OPS, but then realized it was the OPS in 25 PA at Coors lifetime. 

I think you mean OBP plus slugging, which equals OPS.

1 minute ago, JustATroutFan said:

I think you mean OBP plus slugging, which equals OPS.

Correct. And I thought when you said a nearly 1.700 career OPS without specifying that you were speaking only about at Coors that you were doing it wrong. Thought that was pretty clear, but apparently not. 

He has 90 total bases so far and is on pace for 427 total.

This would put him #7 on the all-time single season list. Ruth is first, with 457 total bases in 1921, followed by Hornsby, Gehrig, Chuck Klein, Jimmie Foxx, and Stan Musial.

Albert Pujols' best total was 394, in 2003. A-Rod's best was 393 in 2001. Other all-time bests were Aaron (400 in 1959), Barry Bonds (411 in 2001), Griffey Jr (393 in 1997), Willie Mays (382 in 1955), and Mickey Mantle (376 in 1956).

17 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

re: on great players entering their prime years. 

I took a look at Gehrig and Musial. Just curious to see how their careers went after their age-26 season.

Lou Gehrig:

thru age-26 year: 162-game average of 136 Runs, 32 HR, 136 RBI. .333/.436/.620, OPS+ of 174

from age 26-33: Again, 162-game average of 152 Runs, 43 HR, 165 RBI. .350/.457/.657. OPS+ of 190

Stan Musial:

thru age 26 season: 119 Runs, 16 HR, 97 RBI. .341/.420/.541, OPS+ 164

age 27-33: 128 Runs, 34 HR, 121 RBI. .346/.439/.614, OPS+ 181

With all due respect, my eyes just glaze over now reading these kind of posts.

I am sure you guys consume national media, social media, the sports internet.

Every single day, all kinds of people are compared to all time greats.  It all just becomes white noise.

Here is an example from Fox Sports

DXKfoLeVoAAp3mD.jpg

ESPN does it every morning on Sportscenter.  A Donovan Mitchell or Aaron Judge has a good stat line, and they start getting compared to all time greats.    If everything is special with these comparisons to all timers, then nothing becomes special.

The trout comparisons to the all timers just gloss over for me now.

#debbiedowner

14 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I think September is his worst month thru out his career.

image.png.2d7c34f00090c4074e00ff4763c41af5.png

And still has an OPS over .900 in September. Could be higher if he had a better supporting cast. Too exhausted from carrying this franchise on his back way more than he should. 

21 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

The trout comparisons to the all timers just gloss over for me now.

There is a huge difference between comparing Trout to the the all time greats and other players like Judge.  Trout has earned that right with six incredible seasons in a row.  He's been proven over time and if he remains healthy, he will be one of the best of all time.

11 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

There is a huge difference between comparing Trout to the the all time greats and other players like Judge.  Trout has earned that right with six incredible seasons in a row.  He's been proven over time and if he remains healthy, he will be one of the best of all time.

The same goes for Betts. Where were those people who thought Betts was as good as Trout last season? Hiding under a rock! 

re: Trout on pace for 427 total bases, which would place him 7th all-time for a single season.

The #1-6 on that list all hit a lot of triples which definitely helped their total base number. Trout has only 2 triples so far. 

I hope he gets at least 400 total bases, which would be the first time anyone hit that level since Bonds, Sosa, Luis Gonzales, and Todd Helton surpassed it in 2001.