• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Yankees 4/27/2018 - Ohtani hits 5th

FIRE SCIOSCIA! 

Fire Sosh for having Heaney throw 96 pitches in only 5 innings! 

Fire Sosh for requiring Ohtani sprain his ankle running to first base! 

Fire Sosh for throwing Kinsler out stealing with Trout at the plate! 

Fire Sosh for never being a manager that's never preached defense first, thus making Upton comfortable being a mediocre defender!

Fire Sosh for only allowing Calhoun to make two great defensive plays and not letting him Spiderman the RF wall to steal Didi's HR! 

FIRE SOSH! 

1 minute ago, 101halo said:

FIRE SCIOSCIA! 

Fire Sosh for having Heaney throw 96 pitches in only 5 innings! 

Fire Sosh for requiring Ohtani sprain his ankle running to first base! 

Fire Sosh for throwing Kinsler out stealing with Trout at the plate! 

Fire Sosh for never being a manager that's never preached defense first, thus making Upton comfortable being a mediocre defender!

Fire Sosh for only allowing Calhoun to make two great defensive plays and not letting him Spiderman the RF wall to steal Didi's HR! 

FIRE SOSH! 

I agree

2 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

That was definitely a loud, obnoxious, pro-Yankee crowd. Good to play an away game at home. Like in the WBC playing against the Dominican Republic in Miami.

Just have to accept this is how it is against these teams and hope it’s not this way if we play in October.  This is how season ticket holders get some of their money back. 

1 minute ago, calscuf said:

The away game curtain call was totally douchey.  Maybe you season ticket holders should go to the games and not sell them to hairy Yankee fans.

I think you have Yankee fans confused with Pink Hat Red Sox fans, considering your choice of adjective.

So Kinsler is dog shit, Upton is dog shit, Calhoun is dog shit, Valbuena is dog shit, Cozart has struggled, Maldonado is hitting like a pitcher and Pujols is 40 year old Albert this year. No legit closer, literally 2 bullpen arms we can trust, Starters can’t get past 5 innings, and now Ohtani tweaked his ankle. Idk what we are going to do to fix this shit but this team isn’t as complete as I thought. 

1 minute ago, TroutField said:

So Kinsler is dog shit, Upton is dog shit, Calhoun is dog shit, Valbuena is dog shit, Cozart has struggled, Maldonado is hitting like a pitcher and Pujols is 40 year old Albert this year. No legit closer, literally 2 bullpen arms we can trust, Starters can’t get past 5 innings, and now Ohtani tweaked his ankle. Idk what we are going to do to fix this shit but this team isn’t as complete as I thought. 

So Puig is dogshit, Pederson is dogshit, Taylor is dogshit, Jansen is dogshit, Rich Hill is dogshit. No longer have a legit closer, and we're barely over 500. Idk what we are going to do to fix this shit but this team that went to the WS last year isn't as complete as I thought. 

Angels are 16-10 and just faced 5 of the best starters in baseball in last 6 days. 

5 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Notice how fat Mexicans are holding the Yankee Trout sign?

Thy don’t have fat Mexicans in NY.  

“Hey Joker I got kicked outta Doyyer Stadium.”

”Don’t worry Puppet, there’s another stadium up the street from Santana.”

2 minutes ago, 101halo said:

So Puig is dogshit, Pederson is dogshit, Taylor is dogshit, Jansen is dogshit, Rich Hill is dogshit. No longer have a legit closer, and we're barely over 500. Idk what we are going to do to fix this shit but this team that went to the WS last year isn't as complete as I thought. 

Angels are 16-10 and just faced 5 of the best starters in baseball in last 6 days. 

The Dodgers aren’t as good as they were last year... so yeah I didn’t bring up the Dodgers. I know what their record is, they can’t let games like these slip away if we are going to have any shot at the division and even a wild card. A legit bullpen wins this one.

I mean this is obvious.  But the Angels have got to get something figured out with the hitting.  A whole lot of guys not doing anything.  I’m not all that surprised about Kinsler but I didn’t expect Cozart to regress this hard.  To be fair he’s had some tough luck but a lot of the optimism around the team was hope that guys like Cozart and Upton would hit well.  Still lots of time, but Christ this is frustrating. 

Just now, Dick B Back said:

Basically, when you have good stuff, you have to make them beat you. The lead off walk by Middleton earns him the goat. Parker should have never been in the game.

On the other hand, Middleton is young and closers blow it sometimes. Hopefully this will be a learning experience that he will remember going forward.

I agree. I think it's encouraging that Mike thinks the team is good enough to let a young gun learn on that job. I read that as confidence in Middleton and the team as a whole, that he knows there will be bumps in the road but that the experience is valuable now and the team can offset a few games like this along the way this season. 

2 minutes ago, TroutField said:

The Dodgers aren’t as good as they were last year... so yeah I didn’t bring up the Dodgers. I know what their record is, they can’t let games like these slip away if we are going to have any shot at the division and even a wild card. A legit bullpen wins this one.

My point is that nobody thinks the dodgers are a 500 team. Every team has bad stretches throughout a season. If you allowed yourself to think this team would play 800 ball the whole season you're crazy, the same way you'd be crazy to think that because we're 3-7 in the last 10 we'll lose 100 games this year. That's all I'm saying. 

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean this is obvious.  But the Angels have got to get something figured out with the hitting.  A whole lot of guys not doing anything.  I’m not all that surprised about Kinsler but I didn’t expect Cozart to regress this hard.  To be fair he’s had some tough luck but a lot of the optimism around the team was hope that guys like Cozart and Upton would hit well.  Still lots of time, but Christ this is frustrating. 

Cozart was amazing the first 2 weeks of the year and he's sucked since then. I'm sure the real talent level is somewhere in between. Trout didn't light up the league to start the year, it seems like he's been kinda OK lately. Cozart will be fine. 

But yeah, I get the frustration lately. 

20 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Bottom line.

If I'm a manager without a proven closer, and I'm looking around to see who my closer is going to be...and you come in and WALK the leadoff batter in a hard fought, 1 run, closer situation, you are not my closer the next time I need a closer.

Just sayin..

So who do you suggest?