• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Korean War Over?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Although I agree that Dems would be praising Obama if he were in office when this happened, is there any evidence that Trump has anything to do with this? Asking for a friend.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-southkorea-trump/south-korea-president-says-trump-deserves-nobel-peace-prize-idUSKBN1I10OD

Apparently South Korea's leaders think so. The sounds of libs' heads exploding will be deafening If he wins a Nobel Peace Prize 

Give him the peace prize.  They gave Obama one and he proceeded to bomb the f*ck out of the Middle East and Afghanistan and Africa. 

I think Trump has simply continued previous US policy.  He didn’t do anything to stand in the way of where were are now.  But i don’t think he did anything particularly remarkable either.  It’s good that he agreed to meet with Kim Jong Un. I think that the NK supposed change in posture isn’t necessarily heavily related to that though.  Obviously it didn’t hurt as I said.  This is either another NK game as we’ve seen several times before.  Or it’s a legitimate different path that the NK have decided to take likely for many reasons. Blarg I think highlighted those best.   Time will tell which it is. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

22 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Give him the peace prize.  They gave Obama one and he proceeded to bomb the f*ck out of the Middle East and Afghanistan and Africa. 

I think Trump has simply continued previous US policy.  He didn’t do anything to stand in the way of where were are now.  But i don’t think he did anything particularly remarkable either.  It’s good that he agreed to meet with Kim Jong Un. I think that the NK supposed change in posture isn’t necessarily heavily related to that though.  Obviously it didn’t hurt as I said.  This is either another NK game as we’ve seen several times before.  Or it’s a legitimate different path that the NK have decided to take likely for many reasons. Blarg I think highlighted those best.   Time will tell which it is. 

I agree with your thoughts here but Trump's approach to North Korea hasn't even been close to any previous administration's. He flat out threatened them and maybe they took him seriously. I also think there is more pressure on China and their relationship to them. As for the Nobel Peace Prize, it's a joke anyways

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I agree with your thoughts here but Trump's approach to North Korea hasn't even been close to any previous administration's. He flat out threatened them and maybe they took him seriously. I also think there is more pressure on China and their relationship to them. As for the Nobel Peace Prize, it's a joke anyways

You’re right that he made some sabre rattling noise.  But in real practical terms the actual policy of his administration was basically the same as previous administrations.  I can’t be certain of course, but I doubt that the North Koreans did not anticipate bellicose rhetoric from Donald Trump.  I also sincerely doubt they were intimidated by some comments and tweets.  After all, immediately after his comments/tweets they did execute their most provacative ballistic missile tests.  Multiple times.  They also proceeded with the detonation of their to date most powerful nuclear weapon. So, I’m not really convinced that they cared about his comments.  

Previous administrations have flexed military muscle by having excercises.  Previous administrations have flown bombers and such about.  As I said, this is all the same stuff.  

And yes, among the nobel prizes.  The peace one has become sort of a joke.  Did they take away the one for that lady in Burma ? Talk about a person who has failed to live up to the ideal. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

i'm trying to figure out what trumpy did in all of this. it's not like he sat down and brought both sides to the table. unless he was working behind the scenes on making this meeting happen, all he's really done is tell us he's planning to meet with short round in june. he doesn't seem like the kind that wouldn't beat his own drum on something this huge.

8 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Withdrew troops from Iraq.  I think it was also the rhetoric.  He gave that “speech to the Islamic world” in Cairo. 

So that is what sparked Arab Spring.

Thanks Obama. 

On 4/27/2018 at 1:22 PM, Tank said:

2. this is all an elaborate ruse to get the US to leave the peninsula, act like everything's cool with the south, and then bam! suddenly invade the south because they were a wolf in sheep's clothing all along.

I don't think it's a ruse but it's certainly their goal. But more importantly it's China's goal. And probably to a much lesser extent Russia's. China may be offering either a very nice carrot to NK or threatening with a big stick or some combination of the two. Certainly it isn't hard to imagine that China would much rather NK also stopped their nuclear testing. I'd imagine if the US pulls out of the peninsula that it will be openly stated that any incursion below the 38th parallel will be considered an act of war and nuclear options will be fully utilized.

16 hours ago, Tank said:

i'm trying to figure out what trumpy did in all of this. it's not like he sat down and brought both sides to the table. unless he was working behind the scenes on making this meeting happen, all he's really done is tell us he's planning to meet with short round in june. he doesn't seem like the kind that wouldn't beat his own drum on something this huge.

It's hard to determine how these events happen in the best of times. With Trump, who knows. But 95% of diplomacy happens behind the scenes. Everything else which we see is just political theater. Certainly Trump's tweets are meaningless in terms of determining the truth. With it being fair to say that Trump may not have same "American" interests as his predecessors things are going to be unpredictable. I'm not saying that China secretly promised Trump 5 billion in foreign accounts if he rubber stamped this. But I'm not not saying that either. This change in leadership allegiances may result in unprecedented occurrences.  It's too early to speculate if the outcome of this being will be good or bad overall.

• 2 months later...