• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Korean War Over?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

This is good. It’ll be interesting to hear what both sides expect regarding American troops and bases. We’ve spent a pretty hefty bit of cash there in the last 67 years

Shut them down?  You would know better than me.  But do we have any full size airstrips (can land our heavies) or deep sea ports there (can dock an aircraft carrier)?  

It looks as though Jong's push for a viable nuclear ICBM has brought about a negotiation chip that he can finally use to secure what his country wants and needs. Without that chip they had no equal footing at the table when South Korea always had the US military might standing behind it to tilt the conversation. 

Advantage: Rocket Man

15 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It looks as though Jong's push for a viable nuclear ICBM has brought about a negotiation chip that he can finally use to secure what his country wants and needs. Without that chip they had no equal footing at the table when South Korea always had the US military might standing behind it to tilt the conversation. 

Advantage: Rocket Man

Perhaps, but if you believe other reports that their nuclear program literally collapsed on itself it could be something very different.  all the saber rattling might have been to get aid and now hes lost his saber possibly.  
either way, a less hostile NK is obviously a very good thing. 

The mountain they did the testing inside of collapsed from repeated expiraments. That has no effect on them moving forward to develop better weapons and delivery systems. 

Economicly it has taxed them and sanctions are strong enough to cripple not only their economy but also threaten a nationwide famine, a tragedy that killed millions of people back in '84. Jong knows his regime cannot survive that so the rush to achieve their goal of a nuclear ICBM is what lead to bypassing the safety procedures. It wasn't ignorance, it was a timetable they had to meet. 

They are now where they needed to be to negotiate with not only South Korea but also a glory hog like Trump that is going to want to grab headlines to say he is the President that brought an end to the war, regardless of what he is going to give away to establish that. 

I think Jong is playing this moment in time perfectly. First the Olympics and now dissarmenent to restore his countries freedom from sanctions and a reduced US intervention in their economic growth. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

I'm with Kurt on this one. 

Thanks Trump!!!

Trust me it will be all him...tweet storm to follow.

I would have been a little more dramatic where they met at, say a bridge over a river with a yellow line in the middle.  Looks like you step over the curb onto a gravel lot at an auto body shop in those photos. 

3 hours ago, arch stanton said:

This is good. It’ll be interesting to hear what both sides expect regarding American troops and bases. We’ve spent a pretty hefty bit of cash there in the last 67 years

It’s a bit early since we don’t know how much faith we can put into North Korea’s intentions. With that said hopefully this is a sign of things to come

5 minutes ago, Kurt Swanson said:

Trust me it will be all him...tweet storm to follow.

I would have been a little more dramatic where they met at, say a bridge over a river with a yellow line in the middle.  Looks like you step over the curb onto a gravel lot at an auto body shop in those photos. 

Unless you're in Pacoima going from Alenberto's to Javiers Custom Rods, you usually don't get a dozen slugs stepping over the curb. 

two possibilities that i see.

1. this is a legit effort to rid the world of tension on the peninsula, normalize relations with the south and the US, and become a member of the world community. this will be the first step of many and take several years because they will need to reeducate their people that the rest of the world is not filled with pure, unchallenged evil.

2. this is all an elaborate ruse to get the US to leave the peninsula, act like everything's cool with the south, and then bam! suddenly invade the south because they were a wolf in sheep's clothing all along.

i hope it's more like #1 and that #2 doesn't ever happen.

13 minutes ago, Tank said:

two possibilities that i see.

1. this is a legit effort to rid the world of tension on the peninsula, normalize relations with the south and the US, and become a member of the world community. this will be the first step of many and take several years because they will need to reeducate their people that the rest of the world is not filled with pure, unchallenged evil.

2. this is all an elaborate ruse to get the US to leave the peninsula, act like everything's cool with the south, and then bam! suddenly invade the south because they were a wolf in sheep's clothing all along.

i hope it's more like #1 and that #2 doesn't ever happen.

Could be that he tried the tactic that made previous presidents give lattitude because he'd go hide under China's Skirt.  And was going to try it with Trump, and finally realized that Trump doesn't give a shit what China thinks, and his options were really looking like either he'd be on the wrong end of a military coup, or the wrong end of a lot of bullets and missles.  

I think #1 is really a posibility right now.  With all the wrongs and atrocities he has committed.  He really has a chance to come out of this with immunity, rich and smelling like roses, to the point that he could be the short round that united Korea.  And say the war really becomes over, and Korea unified.  Now what will China do?

Or he’s just trying to get a reprieve from sanctions.  That’s been their game before.  This does feel different though.  Hopefully it is.  I think Blarg probably has it right.  He’s got the nuke bargaining chip so he feels like he has a more favorable negotiating position. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

18 hours ago, Geoff said:

Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 2.59.22 PM.png

So True... Obama gets  peace prize for basically nothing and the MSM doesn't even cover this event for fear of giving Trump credit. 
not that i think he did all that much mind you, i think this is a long time coming, but if it had happened when Obama was in office they would already be engraving the Nobel prize.