• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OK, Apologists, let's hear it

I just named two teams who aren't pitching particularly well but are hitting and are above .500. One is leading the division. So obviously games can be won with offense.

The Angels are in 12th in runs scored and 12th in runs allowed. So obviously the blame is split. How can you just say it's just the pitching when the offense ranks in the exact same spot?

You're looking at a cumulative stat though. The Giants have 7 wins where they scored 3 runs or less. They have pitching.

That's b.s. You were using one of your other ids by mistake. "OCAngels" and another ID always comes to your defense. It's pretty pathetic that you do that crap. 

More personal attacks.  What did I do to you? 

Noone has to come to my defense.  You really discount others' credibility when you claim they do that.

As far as having OC Angels as another account, it's not true.  Feel free to ask a mod for an IP check, but being that obsessed about it would be rather pathetic, now wouldn't it?

I have a few hundred posts here and have no problem holding my own.  OC Angels doesn't have jack squat as far as that many posts.  In fact he has a grand freaking total of 18 at this moment, so if I were using that moniker to do double-time defending myself, do ya think there'd be a few more posts for him?  You need to STFU because you don't make any sense.

My point was the overreaction of certain fans on this site. Making statements that are not true, such as Blanton "sucks in every facet of the game", are pervasive here. You conveniently ignored that he is very good at fielding. This illustrates the total hyperbole so common on this forum. People get upset at losses. Well I'm damn pissed as well and I'm not even a season ticket holder. Somehow asking for a fan to quality their statement has turned me into a Blanton defender. LMAO.

I wasn't overreacting because of a loss. He sucks. His play thus far backs up my statement. Personally I would rather have a pitcher that is good with pitching over his fielding. I admit I forgot to take his fielding into account when I said he isn't good at anything.

You're looking at a cumulative stat though. The Giants have 7 wins where they scored 3 runs or less. They have pitching.

Very inconsistent pitching. Lincecum is up and down and Cain has started off really slow. Bum has been their best. Everyone else has been very inconsistent. Just like us. Except we don't have our ace. And taking Richards out of the rotation was stupid

I didn't like Santana and I don't like Blanton. We should have gone out and got a young front line pitcher who was relatively cheap that has a lot of upside.

In other words, someone nonexistent. "Front line" and "relatively cheap" is a combination that no one could find.

I wasn't overreacting because of a loss. He sucks. His play thus far backs up my statement. Personally I would rather have a pitcher that is good with pitching over his fielding. I admit I forgot to take his fielding into account when I said he isn't good at anything.

I agree.  I'd prefer not to have him.  No argument there.  Way back when I made my initial post here, I was directing my own angst at JD because I think it's his fault for bringing Blanton in.  Like I said, I only see Frieri as his beneficial contribution, so far.

Very inconsistent pitching. Lincecum is up and down and Cain has started off really slow. Bum has been their best. Everyone else has been very inconsistent. Just like us. Except we don't have our ace. And taking Richards out of the rotation was stupid

That supposed to help your argument? Their bullpen has also been good.

That's about the only thing I'll criticize Dipoto for.

Blame your FACKING 3rd and 4th hitters in the lineup and high priced flops this season, not Dipoto.

WE WERE ALL JACKED UP TO GET PUJOLS AND HAMILTON. Anyone who wants to say otherwise is a liar. 

Blanton isn't the only reason the club is 10 games back and sucking ass.

Injuries.

Pujols & Hamilton sucking

Trout not the Trout of 2012

Bad Defense

Poor baserunning, including poor execution of stealing bases (blame Scioscia & the players here).

Nobody stepping up to be the leader in the clubhouse (this includes Scioscia who I believe the players don't respond to anymore)

Blanton

I wasn't really jacked up. I was very firmly on the Fielder side of Fielder vs Pujols, and I wanted no part of Hamilton.

Once they were signed, I hoped for the best.

I always knew that Pujols' contract was going to be an albatross around the organization's neck.

I'm not lying.

More personal attacks.  What did I do to you? 

Noone has to come to my defense.  You really discount others' credibility when you claim they do that.

As far as having OC Angels as another account, it's not true.  Feel free to ask a mod for an IP check, but being that obsessed about it would be rather pathetic, now wouldn't it?

I have a few hundred posts here and have no problem holding my own.  OC Angels doesn't have jack squat as far as that many posts.  In fact he has a grand freaking total of 18 at this moment, so if I were using that moniker to do double-time defending myself, do ya think there'd be a few more posts for him?  You need to STFU because you don't make any sense.

It's not a personal attack at all. It's calling you out one what you're trying to do. I've noticed it at least a few times. The last time it happened was a couple days ago. I was going to say something about it then, but I decided to let it go that time. It's very obvious this time because you thought you were still using your "Ernie" ID when you replied to that other poster.     

We have 5 losses when the other team has scored 3 runs or less. Hitting is an issue.

And this doesn't count the A's game where we couldn't put them away in 19 innings. The pitching did its job that night

This is like arguing about being cremated or buried. You have your opinion, I have mine. Move on Oregon. You don't need me to help you feel confident in your opinion.

You go around threads criticizing other people's posts then you want to walk away when you have nothing left. Quit trolling and quit attacking every post

Your argument is suspect as hell. The Giants have two starters under 3 ERAs, and that doesn't include Matt Cain and Tim Lincecum. They also have a shut down bullpen.

You do you and I'll do me. Thanks for your interpretations though.

Also, direct quote from you:

Shane arguing with Lifetime is watching the Yankees play the Red Sox. I want them to both lose, but I know one of them has to win

And I'm the troll?

Pitching is a serious problem, but so is the offense.

Starting pitching is weak and the bullpen is also weak (for the most part).

Offense has been ineffective...poor plate approach, lack of production from the 3-4 hitters and not a lot from the 8-9th.

But, the real issue is that this team was built to outslug opponents...knowing that if their pitching could be league average, Angels would win.  However, reality is that the pitching has been much worse than league average and the offense that was supposed to outproduce opponents is actually flawed.

I never understood the theory behind outslugging opponents...great pitching wins in October.  It's one of the oldest axioms in baseball for a simple reason...it's true.  The pitching wasnt, isnt and will not be good enough to win in October.

The. Offense. Is. Not. The. Main. Problem.

The Angels are 11 out of 15 in runs per game, at 4.11 per game vs. the AL average of 4.43. I'd say the offense is a pretty big problem, if not the "main" one (which I would agree is the starting pitching).

The starting pitching is very bad

The offense is poor

The bullpen is poor

The defense is OK

Not a good team so far.

Chuck, I was "jacked up" about Pujols and Hamilton in the same way I'd be jacked up if a Ben & Jerry's truck pulled up outside my house; I'd think: "Awesome! All the ice cream I can eat!! But...this won't end well."

In other words, I liked getting both but I felt strongly that neither contract was a good one and both would end up disappointing. Certainly it is still too early in both cases to write them both off, but so far both have been huge disappointments.

The Angels are 11 out of 15 in runs per game, at 4.11 per game vs. the AL average of 4.43. I'd say the offense is a pretty big problem, if not the "main" one (which I would agree is the starting pitching).

The starting pitching is very bad

The offense is poor

The bullpen is poor

The defense is OK

Not a good team so far.

Actually, the defense has been pretty terrible.  13th in defensive efficiency rating, tied for 2nd in the league in most errors, 13th in fldg %, and lower/middle of the pack in double plays turned, despite the fact that their pitchers have given up the 2nd most baserunners.

Dipoto built a team that looked really good on paper. Every relevant projection system loved this team, too.

How is it his fault that this team is playing so poorly? Could anyone have predicted this team would play so poorly? Could you?

Dipoto got the pieces, it's up to the coaches and manager to get the most (or at least what was EXPECTED) from his players. That hasn't happened. At least Scioscia and Butcher have to go. 

I said third and no playoffs.  Of course, this could also stem from the fact I am an A's fan, but I didn't have the Angels doing super poor either.  I said 89 wins, just like last year.

I wasn't really jacked up. I was very firmly on the Fielder side of Fielder vs Pujols, and I wanted no part of Hamilton.

Once they were signed, I hoped for the best.

I always knew that Pujols' contract was going to be an albatross around the organization's neck.

I'm not lying.

Yeah don't speak for me or call me a liar. From day 1 I hated the Pujols deal and also thought Fielder was a good fit. I feared they would sign Hamilton and my nightmare has come true.  

I think there are two plans going on. One is to spend the billionaire's money trying to keep the fans happy at the major-league level. The other is to start from scratch from the bottom up rebuilding the farm system.  Bank on them being sellers at the trade deadline to retool their farm and to do some more crazy hiring this Winter. It'll take five years to fix the Angels. In the meantime it will look like a train wreck.  Dipoto is not the problem. He just has a tough job ahead of him. 

These two plans are impossible to do at the same time. We are constantly losing draft picks with our signings and trading away our best prospects. The goal was to win 1-2  rings in the next 1-4 years and worry about later another time.