• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OK, Apologists, let's hear it

Dipoto built a team that looked really good on paper. Every relevant projection system loved this team, too.

How is it his fault that this team is playing so poorly? Could anyone have predicted this team would play so poorly? Could you?

Dipoto got the pieces, it's up to the coaches and manager to get the most (or at least what was EXPECTED) from his players. That hasn't happened. At least Scioscia and Butcher have to go.

He didnt get us a major league pitching staff

Not really the criteria I would use to evaluate a pitcher.  Some get more run support than others.  Also, oddly, he has pitched against a lot of very good pitchers from other teams for some reason (schedule, etc). 

Mike didn't turn his page fast enough before you read it. :P

It's like half the problem. I think it is as just as much the problem as the pitching if not more

Totally agree.  A previous thread asked what our biggest disappointment was for this season and I responded with the offense.  We expected it to carry a mediocre pitching staff and it has not done that.  It's a 50 million dollar a year disappointment.

Not really the criteria I would use to evaluate a pitcher.  Some get more run support than others.  Also, oddly, he has pitched against a lot of very good pitchers from other teams for some reason (schedule, etc).

His ERA is over 6. He sucks in every facet of his game and there is not 1 thing good about him. He can't even pitch deep into games.

There's no need to explain common sense to me. Hes worked hard for those L's

I know we're losing another game, but no need to turn the angst towards me.  My post was not meant to explain common sense to you.  I find some comments here interesting and like to engage those arguments, hoping for an insightful response to my points.  I have failed in this regard.

Blaming Scioscia for Pujols looking 45, Hamilton looking like a rookie, Blanton looking like Blanton, our bullpen looking like it did last year, our catchers only able to throw out runners when they overslide the base, and Wells raking and Santana what he has always done is just silly. 

TR/Dipota have made the worst decisions I have ever seen as an Angel fan. At least the lame contracts we gave out in the 90's (Fielder, Murray, Bo, etc)  were small. Low risk high reward. Our franchise is in the toilet. 

Good pitching always beats good hitting, yet you think offense is the problem. I'm going to avoid any further discussions with you from now on.

Haha, wow. 

Can you at least pass me a tissue because the thought of not having any more discussions with you is making me tear-up.

Seriously, I don't know why it's necessary to attack me.  Try attacking what I posted, instead.  I stated that the "offense was the biggest disappointment".  Never said it was the main problem. 

Good pitching always beats good hitting, yet you think offense is the problem. I'm going to avoid any further discussions with you from now on.

Look at the Rockies and Giants numbers. Mediocre pitching and good hitting has them doing just fine. Also, don't be such an ass

OK, if you have to press me: fielding. He also hasn't missed any FREAKING GAMES THIS SEASON. Half of our staff is on the DL and dude at least shows up and tries.

And that is a good thing that he has not missed any starts? Talk about grasping at straws.

"Shows up and tries". LOL story of the Angels. Just show up and try guys. This isn't ****ing little league.