• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Former Angels out of work/luck

LAAMike

Kazmir got released?

today's LA Times baseball season opener special section had Kazmir listed as a member of the rotation of some NL team - was it Atlanta?

I was stunned he was listed in a rotation. Kazmir -- a true mystery or NOT -- since his early days as a Mets prospect phenom and then the blaze out of that phase of his career -- he seems to have a succession of doing just well enough to show the possibility of returning to at least half of the form that placed him atop the list of strikeouts in the AL for about three seasons with Tampa Bay -- to sign successive big contracts only to disappoint : Angels, A's, Dodgers, Braves, etc, any sure I am missing a team or two.......with the Angels he signed that big contract and then seemed to forget completely how to pitch -- and didn't seem to try or to want to learn to hit spots, new pitches etc.  he ended up playing for some Independent baseball league team before extracting several more large MLB contracts leading to disappointment...........did have some decent win seasons for Oakland and I think the Dodgers.

teams who see his agent come calling should turn the other way and run away fast.............

always liked Peter Bourjos -- hope he catches on.

he's played several places now - St. Louis, Philadelphia , Baltimore as well? Now Atlanta.

issue with Bourjos is that he is sort of a one dimensional player (speed) -- as he gets older and he loses a step with his wheels -- he's pretty much done.

always liked his attitude, the way he played the game, the way he covered the OF -- especially in CF..........even if he hit about .225

Nolasco and perhaps Colon will be picked up at some point.

for their ability to eat innings alone --

some starter will go down (perhaps SF Giants have already called them) and the team will need a rotation guy to eat some innings.

notice I did not say WIN games -- Eat Innings.

34 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

I am surprised that Escobar hasn't sign with any team yet. He's only two years removed from a solid year with the bat. Posted a .304/.355/.391 slash line for the Angels in 2016. Wasn't good last year with the bat but wasn't bad either, just decent.

He’s awful on the bases, he’s below average defensively and he’s kind of a head case.  

4 hours ago, disarcina said:

Kazmir got released?

today's LA Times baseball season opener special section had Kazmir listed as a member of the rotation of some NL team - was it Atlanta?

I was stunned he was listed in a rotation. Kazmir -- a true mystery or NOT -- since his early days as a Mets prospect phenom and then the blaze out of that phase of his career -- he seems to have a succession of doing just well enough to show the possibility of returning to at least half of the form that placed him atop the list of strikeouts in the AL for about three seasons with Tampa Bay -- to sign successive big contracts only to disappoint : Angels, A's, Dodgers, Braves, etc, any sure I am missing a team or two.......with the Angels he signed that big contract and then seemed to forget completely how to pitch -- and didn't seem to try or to want to learn to hit spots, new pitches etc.  he ended up playing for some Independent baseball league team before extracting several more large MLB contracts leading to disappointment...........did have some decent win seasons for Oakland and I think the Dodgers.

teams who see his agent come calling should turn the other way and run away fast.............

I thought he was traded to the Angels.  Did we extend him?

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Cron Career stats:

Spring - .327 BA  .926 OPS

Regular Season - .262 BA   .756 OPS 

Coincidentally, those numbers almost exactly match Albert's production in St. Louis compared to Anaheim.

.328 BA vs .262, but his OPS was higher. 1.037 compared to .777

Edited by fan_since79