• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Former Angels out of work/luck

LAAMike

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Say what you want about Mathis, but no one can deny the brilliance of parlaying a .565 OPS and a 0.9 WAR into $15.6 million dollars over 13 years of steady work on major league rosters.

FULL MLB pension..   And everyone and their brother knows the minute he hangs it up he has job offers to coach...   Dude will be a baseball lifer.

Over the last 10 years Napoli made over 80M and won a WS so I'll still give him the edge.  That said both players have had long MLB careers taking advantage of their strengths so kudos to them.  If Mathis could have hit like Napoli or Napoli could have played defense like Mathis while staying away from Goat Hill the Angels would have been set at C for the last decade.    

8 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

If Mathis could have hit like Napoli or Napoli could have played defense like Mathis while staying away from Goat Hill the Angels would have been set at C for the last decade.    

We would have had Johnny Bench or Pudge Rogriguez....

8 hours ago, Lou said:

Cron in Spring of 2017:

.297/.354 /.541 /.895/ 4 HR/ 4 Dbl/ 11 RBI

Cron Career stats:

Spring - .327 BA  .926 OPS

Regular Season - .262 BA   .756 OPS 

I knew that the Angels would eventually trade Cron.

I expected it two years ago though. Didn't they get virtually nothing for him?

A young home grown position player is not going to be an Angel for long unless you are Trout or Calhoun.

Cowart will be gone too, either sooner or later.

1 hour ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

I knew that the Angels would eventually trade Cron.

I expected it two years ago though. Didn't they get virtually nothing for him?

A young home grown position player is not going to be an Angel for long unless you are Trout or Calhoun.

Cowart will be gone too, either sooner or later.

Aybar as here for 10 years. As for the others, which players from the heap of hot garbage should we have kept?