• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Scioscia

tdawg87

2 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

It may have, instead of the Angels having a big inning they got nothing. Typical Scioscia baseball.  The funnest thing was Scioscia calling for a throw to first by Shoemaker and Rizzo was standing on first base. Maybe Maddon was stealing Scioscia's signs.

Yeah, ya know, it's also a shame that players producing is never a factor in the outcome of the game. The game is only affected by managerial decions.

btw, do you think there'll be a hangover for the Cubs this season after winning a second consecutive WS? 

On 3/9/2018 at 8:17 PM, ANAHEIMBOB said:

It may have, instead of the Angels having a big inning they got nothing. Typical Scioscia baseball.  The funnest thing was Scioscia calling for a throw to first by Shoemaker and Rizzo was standing on first base. Maybe Maddon was stealing Scioscia's signs.

holy shiznit...your Sciostred runs so deep you actually spend time analyzing spring training decisions? You probably need to check the link below.

17 hobbies to try if you suck at hobbies

5 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

We all would.  But your narrative that he’s the reason we made it to the World Series is laughable.  

Maddon is 5-7 in WS games lol 

That's worse than Dusty Baker.

Edited by Lou

5 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Scioscia record in the postseason is 21-27, Maddon has more wins in just three years with the Cubs in the postseason. 

Only thing that matters is the World Series. 

Maddon is worse than Dusty Baker. 

3 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Maddon has got there twice as a manager, Scioscia got there once during his managing career. He has had plenty of opportunities. 

I'm sure MS could ride Theo's jock to the WS....   Dusty too.   

Maddon is a MS clone and people who act like he does anything different are completely delusional.   Being a good quote doesn't change the fact that he does all the same exact shit during games.

I dig Maddon, would have loved to have him in Anaheim but he's just a thinner, wittier, MS...

4 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Maddon has got there twice as a manager, Scioscia got there once during his managing career. He has had plenty of opportunities. 

That almost-getting-swept appearance was epic.

Blah, blah, blah . . . 

He's still worse than Dusty Baker. 

Edited by Lou

5 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm sure MS could ride Theo's jock to the WS....   Dusty too.   

Maddon is a MS clone and people who act like he does anything different are completely delusional.   Being a good quote doesn't change the fact that he does all the same exact shit during games.

I dig Maddon, would have loved to have him in Anaheim but he's just a thinner, wittier, MS...

I've been saying this for awhile.  Sure Maddon is a good quote, but Angel fans would tire of him real quick.  So instead of getting upset at Mike for being a cliche machine, they would be thinking, if Maddon spent as much time filling out his line up card as he did on being an old cool hipster, the team would be much better off.  Here is a decent example of the two being pretty much the same dude.  The biggest complaint these days is about Mike batting Albert 4th, and I kinda agree.  Well Maddon batted Schwarber a majority of his games last year 1st or 2nd in the line up.  He batted .188 in those two spots in the line up last year.  

13 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

I've been saying this for awhile.  Sure Maddon is a good quote, but Angel fans would tire of him real quick.  So instead of getting upset at Mike for being a cliche machine, they would be thinking, if Maddon spent as much time filling out his line up card as he did on being an old cool hipster, the team would be much better off.  Here is a decent example of the two being pretty much the same dude.  The biggest complaint these days is about Mike batting Albert 4th, and I kinda agree.  Well Maddon batted Schwarber a majority of his games last year 1st or 2nd in the line up.  He batted .188 in those two spots in the line up last year.  

Living in FL, I watched a steady stream of Rays games...   Was always hilarious to hear the local guys talk up how Maddon would heap praise on MS and how much he taught him and how he learned how to manage a clubhouse from watching Mike work the room.   Meanwhile on the field it was like watching Angels light baseball with the constant lineup changes and small ball.

I get that Maddon has fans -- and I would easily classify myself as one of them..   I don't get where people think they manage differently...   Maybe now that he's in the NL Maddon is different but he was a MS clone while managing the Rays.

9 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Bobby Cox had the Braves in the playoffs 14 of 15 season in a row. He only won 1 World Series with the best assembled team in baseball. 

Plenty of opportunities.

1 hour ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Scioscia has zero big league managing experience when hired by the Angels. Scioscia was the student and Maddon was the teacher. 

What in the fuck did Maddon teach Collins, how to blow up a clubhouse and coaching staff getting everyone but himself fired? What in the fuck did he teach Lachman, how to manage a last place team? Did he teach Buck Rogers the proper way to escape a rolled over bus?

Maddon had a resume of zero success, he was part of the Angels greatest choke job in franchise history and almost in all of baseball history. He was lucky to have been retained by Scioscia that picked his own staff because he was out the door otherwise.

Edited by Blarg

1 hour ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Maddon took over an Angel team that was 51-82,  the team finished 70-92.  19-10 record. 

Oh for fucks sake he was just as responsible for the 51-82 if he was such a Mastermind as you claim he was under Scioscia. You can't have it both ways Bob, he had 29 games in garbage time but did not a damn thing to keep that team from getting there.

Unless he was such an asshole he undermined Collins to take his job, his record that year is still the culmination of all games played.